2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

In the (possible) favor of the Raiders, the 2019 draft is full of 1st round defensive front talent.

Houston's Ed Oliver

Michigan's Rashan Gary

Alabama's Raekwon Davis

Ohio State's Nick Bosa, brother of Joey

Clemson's Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Bears’ defense (front 7 especially) is about to be nasty. They could be a dark horse for the playoffs this season.

The NFC as a whole looks to be ridiculous this season. So many good teams. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Dark horse isn't enough. You gotta pencil them in as at least a wild card and accept nothing less. The Bears were looking at 8+ seasons out of the playoffs before this move and the undeniable primacy of the Bears in Chicago was starting to look quite deniable on the back ends of these last two terrible seasons. The Christmas Eve game last year was the sort of affair where anyone who was there was only there because actual ticketholders dumped their tickets on the black sheep of their families to keep them from ruining everyone's Christmas Eve parties. They had to get serious and fast, and fortunately, the Raiders were there to sabotage their last years in Oakland and satisfy some red-face idiot who was kind of good fifteen years ago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looks like the reigning, defending, Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles will begin their defense of their Super Bowl championship that they won by winning the Super Bowl without Carson Wentz, Alshon Jerrery, Nigel Bradam, and a few others, meaning that suck-ass Nick suck-ass Foles will start, and there's no top receiver, and a few key defenders will be out.  They'll be fine in the long run provided Wentz is able to actually play again, but the start will be rough.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The Bills traded AJ McCarron to the Raiders, and they have not ruled out starting Nathan Peterman in Week 1. I'm a little concerned.

Would you rather have that or feed Josh Allen to the highly-motivated Ravens defense at home?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, dont care said:

So people are burning kahlil Mack jerseys. I don’t understand it. The team traded him, is this just the norm now to burn $100+ jerseys, some being the $250 elites because a played gets traded that isn’t even his own decision.

Jersey burning seems to have jumped the shark years ago; they should be burning chucky dolls or PF Chang's t-shirts instead

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Bills traded AJ McCarron to the Raiders, and they have not ruled out starting Nathan Peterman in Week 1. I'm a little concerned.

Peterman looked the best of the three in preseason. Which means nothing, I know.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Raiders are paying an overrated coach 100 million and just traded for a 3rd string QB who makes 10 million. Neat stuff. 

NFL contract numbers don't mean anything. He's guaranteed $900something thousand this year, and there are performance bonuses. There was also a $4M signing bonus that eats up some of that number, I believe.

21 hours ago, Cosmic said:

NFL contract numbers don't mean anything. He's guaranteed $900something thousand this year, and there are performance bonuses. There was also a $4M signing bonus that eats up some of that number, I believe.

Still, they made a ten year commitment to a guy who, if I remember correctly (wasn’t as into the NFL when Gruden left coaching as I am now), was a mediocre at best coach who is now almost surely a dinosaur in the modern game. This tweet sums it up pretty well. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1036460201518350336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-27899550611033561301.ampproject.net%2F1535566825959%2Fframe.html 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Still, they made a ten year commitment to a guy who, if I remember correctly (wasn’t as into the NFL when Gruden left coaching as I am now), was a mediocre at best coach who is now almost surely a dinosaur in the modern game. This tweet sums it up pretty well. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1036460201518350336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-27899550611033561301.ampproject.net%2F1535566825959%2Fframe.html 

I was talking about AJ McCarron. Sorry I didn't clarify.

Edit: I don't think there's a good way to spin the Gruden thing.

Just a week after State Farm signed a new naming rights agreement on the former Philips Arena in Atlanta, they also linked-up another similar agreement with the Arizona Cardinals for their digs in Glendale.  This Sunday, they open at home against the Landover, Maryland football club, so the new stadium signage should be up by this weekend; meanwhile, the "University" of Phoenix still maintains their partnership with Big Red as the team's official education partner...

https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blogs-local/cardinals-venue-to-be-known-as-state-farm-stadium

So after declaring my interest in the NFL to be almost non-existent my wife and I decided it would be fun to go to a road game in Indianapolis this season so this Sunday us and a few friends are going to see the Bengals play the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. I am the problem.

Anyways, we're staying Saturday night right down the road from the stadium and despite growing up only a couple hours away from Indianapolis I've never spent any actual time there. Where's somewhere we can go eat food and drink alcohol that will be fun for a bunch of 30 year old dorks?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some predictions (using that great NFL playoff predictor tool, though I wished they wouldn't show records. I had to cover that part of the screen up with tissues while doing it). In preparation for this season I have spent no time watching one of ESPN's 27 NFL shows or even watch the draft so here goes. 

AFC East

New England 13-3

Miami 6-10 

Buffalo 4-12 

New York Jets 3-13

AFC North 

Pittsburgh 12-4 

Baltimore 7-9 

Cincinnati 7-9 

Cleveland 2-14

AFC South 

Houston 10-6