2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So intentionally endangering a player, degrading the other players who are playing in the game by calling it “punishment” while they’re just trying to make the team, and publicly disclosing punitive measures. Fire that guy today. 

Good luck finding another guy that can lead the team to a 1-31 record!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So intentionally endangering a player, degrading the other players who are playing in the game by calling it “punishment” while they’re just trying to make the team, and publicly disclosing punitive measures. Fire that guy today. 

Let’s not forget too that this is a man who is 9-39 in three years as a head coach in the NFL. Not sure how he hasn’t been fired. 

EDIT: Dang, Cosmic kinda beat me to it!

spacer.png

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Wasn't sure if this belongs in the CTE thread or here. And do we have an anti-NFL thread for this season? Anyway, forcing a player to play as a means of punishment really says something about the nature of football. Or at least preseason football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24359794/cleveland-browns-kept-antonio-callaway-game-punishment

Should make for an entertaining and interesting episode of Hard Knocks tomorrow night...

I’ll throw my predictions into the hat as well.

AFC 

East                                             

z-New England 12-4

Miami 7-9

Buffalo 5-11

NY Jets 3-13

North

*-Pittsburgh 13-3

Baltimore 8-8

Cincinnati 7-9

Cleveland 6-10

South

y-Jacksonville 11-5

Houston 9-7

Tennessee 9-7

Indianapolis 6-10

West

y-LA Chargers 10-6

Oakland 9-7

Kansas City 6-10

Denver 3-13

NFC

East

y-Dallas 11-5

x-Philadelphia 11-5

NY Giants 6-10

Washington 5-11

North

y-Green Bay 11-5

x-Minnesota 9-7

Chicago 9-7

Detroit 7-9

South

*-Atlanta 12-4

New Orleans 9-7

Carolina 6-10

Tampa Bay 4-12

West

z-Los Angeles 12-4

San Francisco 7-9

Seattle 7-9

Arizona 5-11

AFC Championship

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

NFC Championship

Green Bay over Los Angeles

Super Bowl LIII

Pittsburgh over Green Bay.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:32 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

I wouldn't say he's endangering the player unless he had a concussion or an injury. He probably felt that Callaway hadn't been putting in the effort in practice in addition to not disclosing the arrest and the reasons for it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I think he and everyone else knows that Stanton is 3rd string. This is just to get a rise out of the fans and media. The same way the Jets are saying Sam Darnold won't be their number one QB when he's taking most of the snaps with the first team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

37 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wouldn't say he's endangering the player unless he had a concussion or an injury. He probably felt that Callaway hadn't been putting in the effort in practice in addition to not disclosing the arrest and the reasons for it. 

This is a bad take.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Player is signaling that he’s gassed, but coach won’t pull him out. A gassed player is at risk of getting blown up by a fresh player. He’s tired and either too slow to Evade a tackle or two weak to defend himself. If that’s not endangering the player I don’t know what is. 

Off topic - these goddam ads on the bottom need to go now. They go over top of what you’re typing so when they mysteriously pop up you can’t see or submit what you’re typing. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Player is signaling that he’s gassed, but coach won’t pull him out. A gassed player is at risk of getting blown up by a fresh player. He’s tired and either too slow to Evade a tackle or two weak to defend himself. If that’s not endangering the player I don’t know what is. 

Off topic - these goddam ads on the bottom need to go now. They go over top of what you’re typing so when they mysteriously pop up you can’t see or submit what you’re typing. 

If he's gassed then yes, pull him out. I agree with that. He'll definitely speak up if he needs out, now the coaches want him to speak up for other things as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/16/2018 at 12:39 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Seems unlikely since the news prior to his encounter with the police coming out was about he had rocketed to the top of the depth chart.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm watching Hard Knocks for the very first time in my life.

The NFL is insane.

Why would anyone give Gregggg Williams money? Or Hue Jackson? These guys are obvious morons.

I do, however, want more Jarvis Landry in my life. Him and his 1996 Any Given Sunday haircut.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why not give me predictions too? *I may be a tad biased*

AFC 

East                                             

New England

Buffalo 

Miami

NY Jets

North

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Cleveland

Cincinnati

South

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Houston

Indianapolis

West

LA Chargers

Kansas City

Oakland

Denver

NFC

East

Philadelphia

Dallas

Washington

NY Giants

North

Minnesota

Green Bay

Detroit

Chicago

South

New Orleans

Atlanta

Carolina

Tampa Bay

West

Los Angeles

Seattle

San Francisco

Arizona

AFC Championship

Jacksonville over New England

NFC Championship

Minnesota over Philadelphia

Super Bowl LIII

Minnesota over Jacksonville (Totally no bias)

26 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm watching Hard Knocks for the very first time in my life.

The NFL is insane.

Why would anyone give Gregggg Williams money? Or Hue Jackson? These guys are obvious morons.

I do, however, want more Jarvis Landry in my life. Him and his 1996 Any Given Sunday haircut.

You give Williams money so he can pass it on to the defensive players a couple hundred at a time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don’t feel like giving full predictions so I’ll just do the playoffs cause I’m lazy. 

AFC

1. New England 12-4

2. Pittsburgh 12-4

3. Jacksonville 11-5

4. Kansas City 10-6

5. Los Angeles 10-6

6. Baltimore 9-7

(6) Baltimore at (3) Jacksonville

(5) Los Angeles at (4) Kansas City

(5) Los Angeles at (1) New England

(3) Jacksonville at (2) Pittsburgh

(3) Jacksonville at (1) New England

NFC

1. Los Angeles 12-4

2. Minnesota 12-4

3. New Orleans 11-5

4. Philadelphia 10-6

5. Green Bay 11-5

6. Carolina 10-6

(6) Carolina at (3) New Orleans

(5) Green Bay at (4) Philadelphia 

(4) Philadelphia at (1) Los Angeles

(3) New Orleans at (2) Minnesota

(2) Minnesota at (1) Los Angeles

Super Bowl LIII

(3) Jacksonville vs. (2) Minnesota

This is all just wishful thinking because the immortal Tom Brady the First will somehow lead the never ending Big Navy, Silver, and Red Machine to yet another Lombardi. *gag*

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

lol I didn't know that the Browns hired Williams to be their DC.  What a dumpster fire

On 8/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm with you, brother... I've come close to punching the screen a couple of times.

18 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

Who knew getting out of Cleveland was this easy?

Imagine how many careers could've been saved simply by the players being up-front and just telling the Browns "trade my ass, please."  ?

It's on Hard Knocks -- you should check it out. He goes to Hue Jackson's office and says 'if you're not going to play me, why don't you trade me?" And then boom done.

Archived