College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

• 3 weeks later...

A month ago, USC Salkehatchie Indians of the NJCAA began using this vertical sharp arrowhead logo with an S molded inside it. Includes 2 tones of garnet & gold each. Until recently, the school was still using a Native American head logo. @College_Logos on Twitter

spacer.png

D3's Centennial Conference has unveiled their new identity. The new look was guided by Skye Design Studios (SDS). The conference turned 30 years old in 2022. @College_Logos on Twitter.

spacer.png

Last August, UW-River Falls Falcons made some updates to their typography. "UWRF" went from thin serif to thick sans-serif. The falcon logos were unchanged. More examples below.

spacer.png

This  image shows what changed and didn't for the UW-River Falls Falcons. The UWRF on the mascot logo was updated as well to the academic version.

spacer.png

This image is the academic mark that was also replaced in 2022. The new RF design is unique for having a falcon design in the middle of the R. @College_Logos on Twitter. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Two new changes have popped up as the new college season begins...

Campbell changes things up as they move to the CAA.

Grand Canyon introduces a speedy look for 2023.

Both are good improvements imo. Campbell updates an already great and unique identity with a sleek and modern logo and GCU gets away from being a TCU clone 

• Like 3

The sword is supposed to be “flame-bladed” but it looks more like a water sword. It’s definitely and upgrade (anything would be) and the horse logo is nice but I still think they could’ve done something more. I really like the custom font

• Like 5

22 hours ago, NH4 said:

The sword is supposed to be “flame-bladed” but it looks more like a water sword.

"The wavy blade refers to the rippling water of the Hackensack River and the waves FDU student-athetes  [sic] make on the field of play."

kAfHlXE.png

• Facepalm 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

So...I know logic doesn't completely apply considering we're looking at an anthromorphic horse, but we aren't gonna talk about how this horse is somehow holding a sword with a hoof? 🧐

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

8 hours ago, Discrim said:

So...I know logic doesn't completely apply considering we're looking at an anthromorphic horse, but we aren't gonna talk about how this horse is somehow holding a sword with a hoof? 🧐

I also can't fully comprehend what's going on with his mouth. Does he have a severe underbite?

On 7/12/2023 at 3:47 AM, Discrim said:

He's holding it the same way that Strong Bad can type with boxing gloves on.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 11:46 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

I also can't fully comprehend what's going on with his mouth. Does he have a severe underbite?

I also can't comprehend whether that horse is supposed to be wearing a diaper or...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, jzn110 said:

He's holding it the same way that Strong Bad can type with boxing gloves on.

Dear Horse with an Opposable Hoof, 

Can you run a mile.

- Seb

The Lodge, MN

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫