2019/20 Club Soccer Kits

Teal

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Sorry if I missed it but is there a reason why Man U changed their crest? Looks like a Transformers logo now.

They didn't change their crest, they just put a shield around it.

manutdnewkit14.jpg

They do that from time to time; this particular example is a reference to the 98/99 Treble winning squad.

DAm_5rVXcAcAhd2.jpg

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They didn't change their crest, they just put a shield around it.

manutdnewkit14.jpg

They do that from time to time; this particular example is a reference to the 98/99 Treble winning squad.

DAm_5rVXcAcAhd2.jpg

Too bad the shirt looks nothing like either home shirt they wore that year. By that I mean a collar that matched their Champions League or FA Cup uniforms. Though if the did a sublimated trefoil pattern similar to the Umbro pattern on the league jerseys that would've been cool.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just today I noticed that Manchester City have gone back to white numbers and names on their sky blue shirts.

_108352618_jesus.jpg

This looks so much better than the dark blue lettering that had been on there for far too long. NYCFC needs to adopt this.

White lettering makes a lighter shade of blue really shine.

35d2ef3fa0a9f7f183aed43f12056a59.jpg

kemp-walkoff2.jpg

81YTXyQk1AL._SX425_.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

9 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Just today I noticed that Manchester City have gone back to white numbers and names on their sky blue shirts.

_108352618_jesus.jpg

This looks so much better than the dark blue lettering that had been on there for far too long. NYCFC needs to adopt this.

White lettering makes a lighter shade of blue really shine.

35d2ef3fa0a9f7f183aed43f12056a59.jpg

kemp-walkoff2.jpg

81YTXyQk1AL._SX425_.jpg

City's sky blues are darker this year as well. They were much lighter with Nike.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

_108352618_jesus.jpg

Sure, it looks good for them.  But nope.

Let Man City own sky blue and white - navy is our secondary color, and there should always be more navy on our shirts than white.  Always.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:
On 8/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Sure, it looks good for them.  But nope.

Let Man City own sky blue and white - navy is our secondary color, and there should always be more navy on our shirts than white.  Always.

You have a point: the New York City flag contains navy blue; and that is indeed the team's secondary colour.  (Side note: I just picked up a navy blue hat that has the team's "NYC" monogram, without the full roundel logo.  It looks great.)

Still, with the stripes on the shirt being navy blue and with the frequent wearing of navy blue shorts, even the presence of white numbers would still result in the kit having more navy than white. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived