Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, daveindc said:

If you can't open the roof for a March opening day game, then when can you open the roof? (ugh I guess rain is in the forecast)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, I think they're worried about 5:00 showers.

It appears that they might have adjusted the batting helmet stickers by adding a white outline. It doesn't look that much better than during the spring training because now the white just pops much more than the logo colors.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm missing the lime green walls. Everything looks too drab on television, between the blue empty seats and the dark blue walls.

Ehhh. More than anything sadly, they are now a black and white team with stadium colors reflecting every other organization.

The outline or trim does not stand out on their jerseys. The hat barely gets recognized only in close ups. 

I hated the bright green wall and the statue. So the move there is nice. 

A blue jersey seems seems like a must so they aren’t confused with the White Sox 

8 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Ehhh. More than anything sadly, they are now a black and white team with stadium colors reflecting every other organization.

The outline or trim rim does not stand out on their jerseys. The hat barely gets recognized only in close ups. 

I hated the bright green green wall and the statue. So the move there is nice. 

A blue jersey seems seems like a must so they aren’t confused with the White Sox 

It says a lot to me that they selected a charcoal grey/black color instead of bright blue to represent the Marlins on the Fox Sports score graphic.

Replacing the sculpture with the SRO section is definitely an aesthetic upgrade and I applaud Jeter for negotiating that, but the changes to the walls are kind of cookie cutter. Teal walls like in the old park would have been great.

The walls could’ve went a few shades brighter than yankee navy blue. I’m looking at the deeper royal blue seats and wonder how that would’ve looked on the walls. They went from one extreme to the next without any experimentation or trials. 

That photo above shows a seemingly nice bright day but the stadium lighting itself screams dome more than any other stadium I’ve witnessed. Natural lighting is not being shown really. Instead they went for the glass being 100% for views, and not actual usage of light. 

Im in the Rockies footprint so we have att rm. The marlin graphic is a washed out darkish teal circular logo with the new black M inside. They aren’t overusing black just yet. 

10 minutes ago, MattMill said:

The walls could’ve went a few shades brighter than yankee navy blue. I’m looking at the deeper royal blue seats and wonder how that would’ve looked on the walls. They went from one extreme to the next without any experimentation or trials. 

That photo above shows a seemingly nice bright day but the stadium lighting itself screams dome more than any other stadium I’ve witnessed. Natural lighting is not being shown really. Instead they went for the glass being 100% for views, and not actual usage of light. 

Yeah this graphic from last year made it seem it would be a lot lighter:

I don't think an open roof would make that much difference for the appearance of the wall, but we'll see.

Going purely by the TV broadcast, the atmosphere does seem more dome-like and resembling the Trop. Things just don't seem as bright without the green walls. Plus, the grating sound of one guy's horn cutting through the noise of the meager crowd reminds me of every Rays home game I've ever watched.

I have many issues with the overall stadium design and the neglect of natural lighting is certainly at the top of the list.

That computer graphic also has a tan/wood like gold appearance SRO area. White stands out too much. Maybe it hasnt been painted yet? That’s one ugly element that needs to be fixed ASAP. Maybe add some neon lights to give it some flair? 

It also has MIAMI spelled out vs what we see with an off balanced M logo. 

Cant say any of these changes are a positive vs that very first rendering. 

Watching some highlights now. It’s sad when you can make out the blue NE side flag easier and better than the actual marlins M hat logo. Black on black needs a tune up ASAP. 

18 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

It says a lot to me that they selected a charcoal grey/black color instead of bright blue to represent the Marlins on the Fox Sports score graphic.

Replacing the sculpture with the SRO section is definitely an aesthetic upgrade and I applaud Jeter for negotiating that, but the changes to the walls are kind of cookie cutter. Teal walls like in the old park would have been great.

Who is this 'they' that you mention?  Do you think this is the team, or FSN?

It's where I sit.

34 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

MLBN uses blue for the baseline so they weren't clear enough.

Again - I'm curious who YOU now think is 'they'.

The reason I ask is that if either of you think that the team is selecting the background color of the screen graphics, you are misinformed. Teams have nothing to do with that. Given that it isn't the team making that decision, I'm not sure what you are reaching for with the statement.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, marlinfan said:

Next upgrade Marlins Park needs is LED sports lighting. It would help the TV experience dramatically. 

Agreed, the Rays just added LED's to the trop this season and between that and the upgraded turf the overall images and broadcast on TV look better.

57 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Agreed, the Rays just added LED's to the trop this season and between that and the upgraded turf the overall images and broadcast on TV look better.

Wow. I just saw some highlights from yesterday. Tropicana has always had that glossy uncombed patchy crappy look. It felt like for years nothing was done about it. Many NFL venues have that going for it too. Some even have seam lines for when they patch the field together. Cowboys come to mind. It's the little things and I'm glad you brought that up. Trop looks legit now. It took 20 years lol.  And it's even sadder it took me two years to realize the Ray's had done this. With the led, it's finally coming together. 

Archived