Bad Jersey Sightings

Brass

I am part of a fantasy sports club at Penn State. We play IM sports all the time, but our teams are always named “Bust Mode.”

We wear bad jerseys because we can:

i own a genius Smith jets, 18$ for the higher quality fanatics one. 

We also have:

jamarcus Russell raiders

trent richardson browns

rashard mendenhall steelers

Tim Tebow broncos

justin Blackmon jaguars

RGIII redskins

ochocinco patriots 

that’s to name a few

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this thread. It's full of examples that support why I will no longer buy a jersey featuring a current player. There are exceptions to this rule: a) you've got some personal, sentimental connection to a player b) the player is already a legend bound for the hall of fame. (I bought a Joe Mauer Twins jersey a few years ago, figuring it would be a safe bet.)

I came to this conclusion after several jersey misfires: a Vikings Randall Cunningham jersey bought in '99 (it's now well into the retro/kitsch zone, though, which makes it OK to wear again), a Twins Jacque Jones jersey (it was the only home alt. available at the time available in my size) and SEVERAL Adrian Peterson jerseys (Like Mauer, at the time I figured he was a safe bet. I was wrong.)

I now only buy blanks or throwbacks of Hall of Famers.

My youngest brother bought a Grayson Allen Jazz jersey at the start of last season. We kept trying to talk him into Gobert or Mitchell or even Ingles, but he insisted on getting an Allen. He’s now learned from his mistake. :P 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, ColeJ said:

I'm a proud owner of a Messier Canucks, Redden Senators, and Yashin Islanders.

They were cheap, and I think they're amazing sweaters to wear for fashion purposes.

I wouldn't consider a Redden Senators jersey bad. Now, a Redden Rangers jersey on the other hand...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

14 hours ago, Quillz said:

I honestly don't see what is bad about this jersey. Unless there's some subtext I'm not getting.

The jersey itself, nothing, just its original wearer. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 minute ago, Discrimihater said:

The jersey itself, nothing, just its original wearer. 

I suppose. He may not be Posey or Lincecum, but he still sent the Giants to the WS that year.

51 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I suppose. He may not be Posey or Lincecum, but he still sent the Giants to the WS that year.

My point wasn't that the jersey is ugly, or Ishikawa was a bad player, it was that of all the player jerseys you would expect to see at a Giants game, Ishikawa isn't exactly up there with Posey, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Sandoval, etc. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is a Jimmer Fredette Suns jersey a foul? I knew it wouldn’t last but I think he is just an interesting character from College/NBA history and couldn’t pass it up. Only other name I have on the back of a jersey is John Scott when he was in San Jose. (It’s also that oh so ugly stadium series look)

4 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Is a Jimmer Fredette Suns jersey a foul? I knew it wouldn’t last but I think he is just an interesting character from College/NBA history and couldn’t pass it up. Only other name I have on the back of a jersey is John Scott when he was in San Jose. (It’s also that oh so ugly stadium series look)

It's not bad if you like it, but it certainly isn't going to be a popular one in the crowd of Booker and Ayton. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Of all the jerseys I own, the worst is a Steve McNair Ravens jersey. It was my first jersey ever and I've had it since 8th grade. Had a good 2006 season in Baltimore, then 2007....well, let's not talk about that year. Didn't get another jersey until I picked up Flacco's right after the lockout. Thankfully, my O's collection is Jones, Markakis, and Hardy, so all quality on the orange side of my closet

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

6 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Of all the jerseys I own, the worst is a Steve McNair Ravens jersey. It was my first jersey ever and I've had it since 8th grade. Had a good 2006 season in Baltimore, then 2007....well, let's not talk about that year. Didn't get another jersey until I picked up Flacco's right after the lockout. Thankfully, my O's collection is Jones, Markakis, and Hardy, so all quality on the orange side of my closet

I have Jones and Caleb Joseph for my Orioles jerseys.

Not common, but exactly zero regrets on either of them.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a Carey Price Hamilton Bulldogs jersey last season. In and of itself, that's not a bad thing. He did lead the team to a Calder Cup in 2007.

EV99kY-XQAAJIih.jpg

Except it was one of these:

B822440009Z.1_20160406201736_000_GVC1LG1

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived