NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

On 9/14/2019 at 1:32 PM, DNAsports said:

While on the topic of the Redskins helmet (also showcasing a dream set for the Saints):

spacer.png

And again, a dream set for the Saints while showing a VERY wild, and quite possibly horrendous uniform combo for Miami (yes that’s the current helmet):

spacer.png

Also, a fairly decent looking matchup between San Fran and New England:

spacer.png

Then there are these Bills matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can you do one of these for the Texans’ current home and away set, but with red pants for each? I’ve always that would be a great variation on the traditional red, white and blue design... Thanks if you’re able to do this...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

New York Jets Debut New All-Black Uniforms on Monday Night Football

September 16, 2019 - 23:42 PM

In 1997, Will Smith taught us that the “good guys dress in black” before encouraging us to remember that, for surely that information would come in handy some day. For fans of the New York Jets, that day is today. […]

Read More...

I've said it before and I'll inevitably say it again, oldest crutch in the designer's book is to try and make a mediocre design better by adding black. Try harder Nike. 

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’d love to see what a white Saints helmet with the gold accents, including facemask, matching the current helmet gold would look like

Too bad we can't have that for Madden, especially the Bengals 80's throwbacks and other uniforms that are not in the game. Only uniforms can be modded on PC. 

14 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Adding this to my original post: I forgot that we have a photo of the prototype helmet, rescued from a St. Vincent de Paul thrift store in Green Bay.  (Can you imagine?)

spacer.png

The jersey was also shipped off to the thrift store.  It has never surfaced, having likely been sold to someone who didn’t know what it was and who wore it as a fashion jersey. 

Do you have that article by Bud Lea? It would be an interesting read.

It's where I sit.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:04 AM, Buc said:

__________: "this thread is useless without pics."

Me:

MgpGv03.jpg

I was pleased to see that the Saints finally wore gold pants with the black jerseys. Even though the Rams are a bit of a mess with the jerseys, over all, this wasn't an awful looking game. But imagine the improvement if the Saints just used a more saturated shade of gold.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I was pleased to see that the Saints finally wore gold pants with the black jerseys. Even though the Rams are a bit of a mess with the jerseys, over all, this wasn't an awful looking game. But imagine the improvement if the Saints just used a more saturated shade of gold.

spacer.png

The Saints should also slap their helmet striping onto those gold pants.

5 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

spacer.png

Very, very nice.  I’d be all for this.

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you have that article by Bud Lea? It would be an interesting read.

I don't, and it doesn't appear to be in the online Google News archive.  Somebody in Wisconsin would have to hit their library's microfiche machine.  But you can read much of it here:

qMLaOUM-asset-mezzanine-16x9-6JQpU4D.png

3 minutes ago, Froob said:

Pats Twitter is freaking out, apparently this guy is reliable but I wouldn’t get too excited until we get more confirmation. If true, why not vs the Giants in their color rush?

I was thinking the Dallas game would be a CR game for the Pats, since the Cowboys are wearing their CRs.

4 minutes ago, Froob said:

Pats Twitter is freaking out, apparently this guy is reliable but I wouldn’t get too excited until we get more confirmation. If true, why not vs the Giants in their color rush?

So is it a true throwback, or will they be wearing a “Color Rush” version of the set with blue pants? 

6 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Spoiler

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Absolutely.  They should use a rich, brassy gold.  Not their pale and weak khaki.

Even a more copper-tinged shade of gold.  I know that this particular photo isn't representative of their original color scheme, but it should be their new one.

Spoiler

f52852904e22609d8cb292a7bef7c53e.jpg

It's amazing how much of a difference that makes. It reminds me of something you'd see in New Orleans.

inbell4.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

14 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

I was thinking the Dallas game would be a CR game for the Pats, since the Cowboys are wearing their CRs.

Woah Cowboys are wearing color rush? Theirs is sorta a throwback, this rumor is probably true then..Bill typically does white at home vs Dallas so it’s odd Patriots are in colored jerseys.

Archived