NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

43 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It's not wrong to call teal "blue" either.  But neither is it terribly accurate.

Ehhh...teal has much more of a green hue that differentiates it from regular blue. I don't think anyone outside of guys looking up color values, could tell you Crimson or Scarlet isn't red, or athletic gold isn't yellow. I get your point though.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ideal scenario for the Rams would be for them to have a the current royal home jersey, the old white away jersey, a new gold jersey with Royal accents, and then a white "fearsome foursome" "throwback/color rush". The helmets would be Royal blue, with either an the finish thats on the Vikings helmets or the Giants helmets, and a royal blue mask. Gold horns for the Home royal, Road white, and Alternate gold, and White horns for the throwback/color rush alternate. 

4 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

My ideal scenario for the Rams would be for them to have a the current royal home jersey, the old white away jersey, a new gold jersey with Royal accents, and then a white "fearsome foursome" "throwback/color rush". The helmets would be Royal blue, with either an the finish thats on the Vikings helmets or the Giants helmets, and a royal blue mask. Gold horns for the Home royal, Road white, and Alternate gold, and White horns for the throwback/color rush alternate. 

Agreed. I’d also add to that that they should only have gold and white pants. No need for blue. Probably have one pair of white pants that can go with the home, road, and gold alt jerseys, and a different pair of white pants for the Fearsome Foursome throwback. Royal/royal/gold and royal/white/gold should be the set home and road options, with royal/gold/white as the set alternate option. Maybe mix and match with the pants once or twice a season, but that really wouldn’t be necessary at all.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Agreed. I’d also add to that that they should only have gold and white pants. No need for blue. Probably have one pair of white pants that can go with the home, road, and gold alt jerseys, and a different pair of white pants for the Fearsome Foursome throwback. Royal/royal/gold and royal/white/gold should be the set home and road options, with royal/gold/white as the set alternate option. Maybe mix and match with the pants once or twice a season, but that really wouldn’t be necessary at all.

Completely agree with this as well. And if they wanted to have a "white out" or something like that, they could do the Royal/White throwback set for that game. 

26 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Would it make sense for the Rams to use a metallic blue on their helmets similar to what the Giants use?

Why not. Especially when the appearance of that blue changes in different lighting, and both the Giants and Rams were the ones that had Navy shell with Royal jerseys. I think it would look pretty decent

On 9/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, McCarthy said:

Incomprehensible to me that some people prefer the all-white socks with white pants. You're allowed to think that, that's an opinion you're allowed to have.....but it's simply indefensible. Socks are where a color goes. I can't understand why someone would want less color.

Disagree here.  The new rules allow for the sock to throw off the color balance of the uniform.

Let's take the Eagles white on white for example.  If they were to wear socks that were black on top and white on the bottom, it would look good.  The black would tie into the pants stripe, and the white would balance out that black and tie the sock in with the rest of the uniform.

If they wear all black socks (and let's face it, the majority of players are going to go solid color), then you have a uniform with a green helmet, solid white top and pants, and then out of nowhere, a solid black sock from knee to shoe.  That wouldn't look good at all to me.

Given that they're going to wear a solid color anyway, I'd prefer all white, as it's clean, "fast", and maintains the balance of the uniform as much as possible given that there's no color there. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Vikings' new helmet shade looks so much better on TV than before. The darker helmet used to look really muddled next to the brighter uniforms, but now they both work really well together and pop in a non-gaudy way. Really underrated uniform update for this season. 

Jags look good in black/teal/black. 

Shame they wasted five years with the two-tone helmet when they could have the current one. Still a great helmet in year two. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Jags look good in black/teal/black. 

Shame they wasted five years with the two-tone helmet when they could have the current one. Still a great helmet in year two. 

That’s their best look but is ruined by the black socks... Titans looks awful especially with all navy socks...

7 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

That’s their best look but is ruined by the black socks... Titans looks awful especially with all navy socks...

At first I thought the same but then I got used to it.

I think they’d be better off with solid Teal socks with this combo.

8 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

1 hour ago, Volt said:

At first I thought the same but then I got used to it.

“I got used to it” doesn’t mean the design somehow got better.  It just means you’re inured to its badness. 

Looking at that game, if Jacksonville intends to stick with this look, I think I'd like to see the Jaguars stick with black/teal/black/teal as their primary home look, and spell it with black/black/teal/black as a changeup. IF they feel the need to do teal over teal, black socks are the only option. If they're beholden to black numbers on their road jerseys, teal pants over black socks really should be their only option. White over white w/ black socks is solid in a vaccuum, but it leaves the look devoid of Jacksonville's one signature color.

Two things I believe which would benefit the Jaguars' uniforms immensely:

1) Get some color trim on the numbers; and

2) Figure out a way to get some gold trim in there.  The look can survive without it, but I think it'll be enhanced with it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived