NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

It would've been nice to keep experimenting with the flag colors. 

Not for the Statement Jersey ... I’m sure we’ll see a Chicago City Flag design for the City Jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I still think the 90’s pinstripes were better, but this is still a very nice alternative. Well done, Bulls.

I think this one is better. I don’t like pinstripes but these ones are nice. A cool throwback touch.

Chicago Bulls Revive Pinstripes, Unveil New Uniform

October 6, 2019 - 00:59 AM

The Chicago Bulls are bringing back their pinstripes, “remastered for the next generation”. Like the uniform originally worn for two seasons (both championships) in 1995/96 and 1996/97, Chicago’s new “Statement” uniform is black with pinstripes down the jersey and shorts, […]

Read More...

I like this version of the pinstripes better than the original. From afar, the red pinstripes muddied up the black uniform in a way that I could never like them.

Only thing I would change would be to add a bit of white in the striping pattern to match the wordmarks and numerals.

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Not for the Statement Jersey ... I’m sure we’ll see a Chicago City Flag design for the City Jersey.

I'm not going to lie, I instantly assumed that this was their new City edition. No more regular black then. 🤔

4 hours ago, kimball said:

I believe the City uniforms are light blue or navy..something incorporating the City flag again. Hold your breath til November. Or until Conrad corrects us.

shado_logo.gif

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I believe the City uniforms are light blue or navy..something incorporating the City flag again. Hold your breath til November. Or until Conrad corrects us.

I wish Reinsdorf wasn’t such a tightwad and make a corresponding Chicago City Flag theme court. I’ve hated watching the Bulls play in the City jerseys on the regular court.

(SIDE NOTE: imagine saying that last paragraph 5 years ago)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 minutes ago, kimball said:

I wish Reinsdorf wasn’t such a tightwad and make a corresponding Chicago City Flag theme court. I’ve hated watching the Bulls play in the City jerseys on the regular court.

The regular court actually works for me. The team colors still work with the colors of the Chicago Flag.

bSLCtu2.png

Of all times they add neck and armhole trim/piping, they flub it up. They need nothing at all, or simply more white. It’s an unbalanced mess. Change for change sake, as nothing was wrong with the originals design cues. Too much red and black right now. 

6 hours ago, kimball said:

I also wish Reinsdorf weren't such a tightwad but one team-appropriate basketball court suffices, and frankly I wish the Bulls could opt out of all this jersey silliness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Did I see this right? Unless the bulls city jerseys are white, they will NOT wear their white association jerseys at home at all this year

What an absolute travesty. 

They'll wear the white associations 20 times on the road and they'll wear their city's on the road zero times. 

This is acceptable? I'd say this is quickly turning into the NFL. 

I just wish they did what they do with soccer and have the jersey colors on the score bug. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out who was who with the pacers and Kings the other day. I didn't realize the king's had a Spurs set. The pacers were in a plain Jane white set. And shoe/accessory color was of no help. 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

I also wish Reinsdorf weren't such a tightwad but one team-appropriate basketball court suffices, and frankly I wish the Bulls could opt out of all this jersey silliness.

I was just reading an article about this. Detailing how this guy operates one of the most storied franchises in the 3rd LARGEST market but runs it payroll wise like the Bulls are in a small market like Sioux Falls or something. This is truly unacceptable. Never even coming close to luxury tax and trading for cash considerations just to pocket money. 

Good read i recommend..

https://www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2019/9/25/20882459/chicago-bulls-cash-considerations-payroll-luxury-tax-cheap?__twitter_impression=true

shado_logo.gif

Archived