NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

3 years in and the idea bin is already empty.  Be prepared for a lot more of this from all teams...different colors of already existing sets and/or logo slapped on chest.

We're seeing it in Miami already with their vice jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

We're seeing it in Miami already with their vice jerseys.

Yup... In addition to no new good ideas, the '90s throwback fad will run its course sooner rather than later as well.

50 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The ad patch is loud. Yikes. 

at first glance it looks like a patch with the chicago stars lol. it’s got that teal color, and is in a rectangle. 

but yeah, awful patch. Obnoxious too. atleast with the Nets big ol box patch, it matches the teams colorway so it kinda blends in. this pops out for no reason. they’ve got to match the color to these patches, because that’s obnoxious and in your face. nothing about it looks good. 

Well, I seem to get killed when I bring up the stupidity of this money grab for the NBA because I like tradition.:flagusa: Yes we all love uniforms here, but now these 5/6/7 uniform s$#t has to stop because it's ruining a lot of  teams identity. Some team DO need one i.e. OKC or New Orleans and it's funny when a team puts out a great statement, icon, association, or whatever and nail it.....then it's gone the next year. Those City Nugget Rainbows from a few years ago couldn't even be kept in stock. Why did the Warriors take the yellow back round out of blue jersey. Finally, and I've noticed a few posts this year already but the brand logos seem more annoying now than ever.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Does the blue stripe look kinda random or is it just me?

It is supposed to represent Lake Michigan ... but, yeah ... not so much random and forced. There really is no need for blue.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Nets statement jerseys in action:

They should do a different graffiti jersey every 1-2 years with a different artist. 

I just noticed there's only one side stripe.

The number font is so out of place with the word mark. They should've put atleast a stroke in the numbers.

I wasn't sure whether the new Nets jersey was a different shade of grey than the old one, but yeah, it's clearly lighter. I preferred the old graphite look; the number font would look strange outlined, I think, but it could be single-color black and I suspect the whole thing would look better.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 10/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, daniel75 said:

Is there any u.s. sports league that changes their team uniforms more than the NBA? 

Only MLS, but pulling out new uniforms every year is a rule in soccer now, when teams announce they'll keep uniforms for two years in any other country it's treated as a gift to their fans. 

On 10/1/2019 at 4:30 PM, kimball said:

I would say MiLB does more, but nowadays ... I'm not sure?

Minor league baseball and hockey like to jump on trends which is why the San Antonio Rampage will be the Chimuelos during the year and the Missions become the Flying Chanclas on Thursdays.

http://www.sarampage.com/chimuelos

https://www.milb.com/san-antonio/news/missions-to-become-flying-chanclas-in-milbs-copa-de-la-diversi243n/c-269203354

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived