NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Did I see this right? Unless the bulls city jerseys are white, they will NOT wear their white association jerseys at home at all this year

What an absolute travesty. 

They'll wear the white associations 20 times on the road and they'll wear their city's on the road zero times. 

This is acceptable? I'd say this is quickly turning into the NFL. 

I just wish they did what they do with soccer and have the jersey colors on the score bug. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out who was who with the pacers and Kings the other day. I didn't realize the king's had a Spurs set. The pacers were in a plain Jane white set. And shoe/accessory color was of no help. 

The Bulls made their red jersey their preferred home jersey in 2017 ... much like Houston and Brooklyn have. I don’t mind color at home for most teams ... but, the Bulls should be in white IMO. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Not a big fan of last nights warriors vs lakers matchup. I know white signifies the home team but it didn’t look right having the warriors such yellow court with the lakers such yellow uniforms (which shouldn’t be that yellow in the first place) I wish the league could do something about away teams wearing the home teams court colors. Like in this case make the lakers wear their purple 

IMG-7122.gif

On 9/28/2019 at 7:35 AM, ror1997 said:

Glad someone brought this set up, because i was about to mention it myself. These were great, had a unique look and matched the suns identity. they got the orange jersey right here (minus the sleeves of course) 

I liked this set, too. Given all the bad reaction when this new one released I started working on some concepts to honor the 90s style with a modern spin. Here's some of them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, kimball said:

The Bulls made their red jersey their preferred home jersey in 2017 ... much like Houston and Brooklyn have. I don’t mind color at home for most teams ... but, the Bulls should be in white IMO. 

Thanks

Preferred is an interesting term because 90% of these teams have no ryhtm or reason with their colors and such. I'm pretty much seeing four jerseys being used equally at HOME and AWAY.

Goes to show I missed the bulls memo from 2017. 

Nice concepts above. I'd go wordmark being the same color as the jersey #. Go white number on the bottom set and you have a winner. 

31 minutes ago, PHXAZGFX said:

I liked this set, too. Given all the bad reaction when this new one released I started working on some concepts to honor the 90s style with a modern spin. Here's some of them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not bad at all.  The sticking point with me is still the wordmark and number font.  I'd like to see something new that moves away from the '90s look, but still looks good with the sun streak.  Probably easier said than done.  I've imagined a new take on the old western font, but I can't see that looking good in this application. That black version would be the prime candidate for PHX on the front.

I like really like that black one...and in Nike speak it would probably talk about how the angle of the streaks form a valley, a nod to the Valley of the Sun(s).

(Nike employees, PM me for my Venmo). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, mafiaman said:

UNPOPULAR OPINION RED ALERT!

The straight-black version as worn by Jordan is far superior to the red-striped Kerr jersey.  The red stripes are very unnecessary.

completely agree with you. i hated those red striped jerseys as a kid and i think if they're dead set on a pinstripe look, switching to white/silver is a massive upgrade.

6 hours ago, PHXAZGFX said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

giphy.gif

These are freaking epic and beautiful!!!!

Side note: @Conrad. can you comment yes or no on this?

ff_3184283-1702d34d700ea24f62c3alt1_full

1) Is the Pacers Statement jersey a gold version of this?

2) Will we see this template again this year? (Such a beautiful update to the Flojos)

shado_logo.gif

10 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I was just reading an article about this. Detailing how this guy operates one of the most storied franchises in the 3rd LARGEST market but runs it payroll wise like the Bulls are in a small market like Sioux Falls or something. This is truly unacceptable. Never even coming close to luxury tax and trading for cash considerations just to pocket money. 

Good read i recommend..

https://www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2019/9/25/20882459/chicago-bulls-cash-considerations-payroll-luxury-tax-cheap?__twitter_impression=true

The Cubs and more recently the Blackhawks get truckloads of crap about their fans being Not Real Fans who are just there to see and be seen or do some after-hours corporate networking, but this doesn't describe any team in town better than the Bulls, who have been garbage for the better part of the last 21 years but never stop selling tickets and generally hoovering up game-night revenue. It's fun as hell around here when the Bulls are really good, like most recently 2010-2012, but that was lightning in a bottle born of and ended by once-in-a-lifetime good and bad luck, respectively, not the result of the organization doing anything right. But there's no reason for them to change the way they do business: the national TV money keeps rolling in, the RSN money keeps rolling in, the gate money keeps rolling in, and unlike the Knicks, where everyone is constantly running around with their hair on fire over what a hash the Knicks are making of everything, the Bulls coast mostly under the radar. It sucks and it will never get better; unlike Rocky Wirtz, Michael Reinsdorf doesn't seem to have had a childhood of emotional abuse to sublimate into competent sports management. But hey, they have jerseys with six-pointed stars on them now, so people in Lincoln Park can snatch them up in their important ongoing efforts to disavow having grown up in Buffalo Grove.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

giphy.gif

These are freaking epic and beautiful!!!!

Side note: @Conrad. can you comment yes or no on this?

ff_3184283-1702d34d700ea24f62c3alt1_full

1) Is the Pacers Statement jersey a gold version of this?

2) Will we see this template again this year? (Such a beautiful update to the Flojos)

Thank you! That Pacers set is 🔥🔥🔥

9 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Not bad at all.  The sticking point with me is still the wordmark and number font.  I'd like to see something new that moves away from the '90s look, but still looks good with the sun streak.  Probably easier said than done.  I've imagined a new take on the old western font, but I can't see that looking good in this application. That black version would be the prime candidate for PHX on the front.

Thanks! This is not the exact font from the 90s. It's a bit more modern. I wanted to pull in the history of their most popular era and jerseys but give it a modern touch that won't look dated so quickly.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I like really like that black one...and in Nike speak it would probably talk about how the angle of the streaks form a valley, a nod to the Valley of the Sun(s).

(Nike employees, PM me for my Venmo). 

Thanks! I'd be lying if I said I was going for a valley, lol. I like the stories behind certain designs, but I think there is too much thought into some of the stuff we're seeing these days instead of just focusing on something that looks good. Let the design become its own story... or something like that.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

I can confirm the Bucks new City set will be cream once again. 

I did this mock for a buddy who wanted to see the bucks in Packers colors after I showed him my Suns/Cardinals and Suns/Dbacks crossovers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived