College Football 2019

29texan

On 1/11/2020 at 9:23 AM, shstpt1 said:

I have never enjoyed watching a game in the Super Dome. Saints games or any college game that's played in there always feel dingy and the colors look awful. I wish they would upgrade their lighting or something. The fact that they don't paint their endzones makes it worse. 

This, 1000000%. Awful venue for football. AWFUL. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

I know New Orleans is a great host city, but the Superdome is my least favorite venue for watching big sporting events on TV. Just a dark, drab building, and never fully painting the end zones for anything other than the Super Bowl is annoying.

They are a cheap and lazy group of people. 

6 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

They are a cheap and lazy group of people. 

They basically rebuilt the whole thing after Katrina. Unfortunately it's still old by NFL standards and should've been replaced, but asking people to pay for a new stadium wasn't going to happen after what it cost to rebuild around the Superdome. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love LSU in gold/white/gold. 

I love Clemson in all orange.

I hate them paired together. LSU in purple would make this much better, but as it is, orange and athletic gold are so close it’s just not quite a great matchup

Fantastic championship matchup, with both teams looking their best. LSU in anything but the classic whites would have been criminal. Clemson’s big game orange britches always look great as well.

When’s the last time a major championship matchup included 2 teams who do not use any shades of blue or red?

13 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Both teams are wearing white 2020 Playoff patches.

And the refs wore black 2020 patches. 

9 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

like the font on the lsu national championship caps, not the fleur de lis though. 

It's required for any championship played in Louisiana. 

7 hours ago, BVZ said:

Fantastic championship matchup, with both teams looking their best. LSU in anything but the classic whites would have been criminal. Clemson’s big game orange britches always look great as well.

When’s the last time a major championship matchup included 2 teams who do not use any shades of blue or red?

Orange is a shade of red, purple is a shade of blue and red. But seriously, . . . Celtics vs Lakers? FCS Championship was green and yellow vs purple and gold though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

And the refs wore black 2020 patches. 

It's required for any championship played in Louisiana. 

Orange is a shade of red, purple is a shade of blue and red. But seriously, . . . Celtics vs Lakers? FCS Championship was green and yellow vs purple and gold though. 

Lakers over Celtics in 2010 was the first one that popped into my head as well.

The last time in happened in each of the other major sports:

MLB - A’s over the Giants in 1989

NFL- Packers over Steelers in 2011

NHL- Penguins over Sharks in 2016 (San Jose’s teal is more green to me than blue)

NCAA Hoops- San Francisco over Iowa in 1956

College World Series- LSU over Texas in 2009.

Aplogies for getting off topic - just was an interesting thought to me. That’s how you know College football season has ended.

58 minutes ago, oddball said:

Interesting tid bit. Clemson is 0-2 in their orange jerseys in a National Championship game and 2-0 in their white jerseys.

Im not a Clemson fan in the least, but they won the '81 title in orange. I wish my Broncos could do that....

0002994_perry-tuttle-of-the-tigers.jpeg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

7 hours ago, oddball said:

Interesting tid bit. Clemson is 0-2 in their orange jerseys in a National Championship game and 2-0 in their white jerseys.

That’s because this was the first time the higher seed won. Ohio State’s the only playoff team to win a national championship wearing a colored jersey.

5 hours ago, bigwalk said:

That’s because this was the first time the higher seed won. Ohio State’s the only playoff team to win a national championship wearing a colored jersey.

Because . . . . Nike. Oregon and Ohio State each had two alternate uniforms that year and wore the opposing uniform in the semi-finals. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I could care less the reason, I just find it interesting that Clemson has won both times in white jerseys. Maybe they get superstitious and wear the white jersey next year when they return to the title game.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, oddball said:

I could care less the reason, I just find it interesting that Clemson has won both times in white jerseys. Maybe they get superstitious and wear the white jersey next year when they return to the title game.

*points to this season's Fiesta Bowl as next year's national championship preview*

On 1/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, oddball said:

They wore all orange to win their first.

Archived