San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

31 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

This! 

If I seem extremely hesitant about brown it’s because they’ve already done blue very right in the 90’s and had the beginnings of right in 2016. And both times they walked away from it. Brown IMO has never been done particularly well with 69 and 85 being the only times they came close. I hope they can surprise us all, but their recent uniform decisions don’t give me a ton of confidence. 

I am also thinking about how it is going to look in a ballpark full of blue seats and blue everything else.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I am also thinking about how it is going to look in a ballpark full of blue seats and blue everything else.  

Also a concern I share. Their ballpark is built for the team wearing blue. It won’t look as good not matching. Of course it would look worse if the park were filled with brown seats. 

11 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

That's a non-concern. Does anyone care that the White Sox play in a stadium full of green seats?

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That's a non-concern. Does anyone care that the White Sox play in a stadium full of green seats?

Green seats are a neutral seat color in many ballparks; Indians, White Sox, Astros, Dbacks, Angels, Giants to name a few.  Green might actually look better at petco with the brown uniforms. 

36 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Green seats are a neutral seat color in many ballparks; Indians, White Sox, Astros, Dbacks, Angels, Giants to name a few.  Green might actually look better at petco with the brown uniforms. 

PNC Park is beige and blue with blue seats and every Pirates game I attended looked absolutely stunning...

55 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Also a concern I share. Their ballpark is built for the team wearing blue. It won’t look as good not matching. Of course it would look worse if the park were filled with brown seats. 

Blue is a neutral color for ball parks. There are plenty of stadiums around the league that use blue seats and walls. It’s also not like many people will be looking at the seats anyways.

55 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Green seats are a neutral seat color in many ballparks; Indians, White Sox, Astros, Dbacks, Angels, Giants to name a few. 

Wow look at those teams that use green seats despite green not being part of their colour scheme. 

I guess the brown and gold Padres playing in a stadium with blue seats will be fine!

20 minutes ago, dont care said:

Blue is a neutral color for ball parks. There are plenty of stadiums around the league that use blue seats and walls. It’s also not like many people will be looking at the seats anyways.

I can see you are clearly unfamiliar with the Padres 😅

Plenty of empty seats to look at on weeknights. Particularly in late summer and fall...

2 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

I can see you are clearly unfamiliar with the Padres 😅

Plenty of empty seats to look at on weeknights. Particularly in late summer and fall...

This is such a week argument. No one cares about what’s not on the field of play. No one cares that the dodgers have yellow and orange seats. No one cared that the Celtics played in an arena with yellow seats. Especially when it’s such a common seat and wall color as blue no one will care while watching the game because it will look like every other stadium.

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just want the Padres to bring back the old retired numbers on the batter’s eye.

Sadly not likely. They built this big stage thing behind the batters eye that kind of encroaches on where they used to be. On the plus side fan outcry kept them from junking they old numbers and they’re outside the park behind home plate now.

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

This is such a week argument. No one cares about what’s not on the field of play. No one cares that the dodgers have yellow and orange seats. No one cared that the Celtics played in an arena with yellow seats. Especially when it’s such a common seat and wall color as blue no one will care while watching the game because it will look like every other stadium.

Well clearly a few people care... so saying no one will care is... wrong 

Just now, bosrs1 said:

Well clearly a few people care... so saying no one will care is... wrong 

Few people, ie you. The fact of the matter is there are multiple instances across all leagues where teams play in stadiums and arenas where they use colors that do not match what the teams wear and it has always been a non issue. Seriously dude just say you don’t like brown and be done with it. Coming up with b.s. excuses and reasonings that can easily be disproven isn’t they way to go about it.

49 minutes ago, larrypep said:

No. The white and yellow SD ruined the 2016 set.  The colors are too similar in hue. 

Not in real life. Hat was beautiful, and two colors were clearly defined. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, fmedges said:

What would be a good tertiary color?

Light teal, but only on stadium stuff.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

No one cares that the dodgers have yellow and orange seats.

I care a lot! It looks awesome!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived