NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

43 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I hope not. That is not a trend that needs to start. I think it's tacky and screams cash grab, so the NHL will absolutely start doing it.

It better not be like those weird MLB gold uniforms used by the defending champs for a few games. I really don't think it will be though, although that gold would look awesome with the Blues' blue.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be just a patch like the Kings and Bruins, who are the only two teams I can think of that did something like this.  But, to announce it, probably means more than just a patch on the jersey.

The over the top adding of gold is just a little too gaudy for my taste.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

I kinda like the leaping panther, but not that version of it. Conversely I actually like the soccer shield logo too, perhaps even more, just not the army-inspired uniforms they have to go with it. 

I don’t love or hate the shield.  I can’t quite put my finger on what it is about it.  It seems like it would be a great helmet sticker 

The leaping panther has so much more character, especially the original. I feel like the new one is too watered-down and rounded, but id still prefer something like it over the sheild. To me that would make a better shoulder patch.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

23 hours ago, Survival79 said:

spacer.png

Can I use this for my concept series?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If you don't look at it as a attempt to make the team ARMY STRONG, there's a lot to like about the redesign. For one thing, a "Florida panther" is basically a mountain lion, and now the logo better reflects that. The switch to a slightly muted red and metallic gold remind me of the Dolphins and their attempts to be a "luxury brand," which, if nothing else, is an aspirational tack to take for the Panthers. The halfway-across chest stripe works better than it should, and the old uniforms were kind of NHL Uniform By Numbers, anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, the admiral said:

If you don't look at it as a attempt to make the team ARMY STRONG, there's a lot to like about the redesign. For one thing, a "Florida panther" is basically a mountain lion, and now the logo better reflects that. The switch to a slightly muted red and metallic gold remind me of the Dolphins and their attempts to be a "luxury brand," which, if nothing else, is an interesting tack to take for the Panthers.

As I've said before, I think it's the best that the Panthers have ever looked. It's a huge improvement over both of the stupid piping/half stripe looks that they had on their earlier Edge jerseys and while their pre-Edge jerseys were definitely better than the Edge jerseys, they were a product of their time and they wouldn't look good today.

Just now, Survival79 said:

Absolutely!

Awesome, thanks! Do you have an SVG of it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Awesome, thanks! Do you have an SVG of it?

You're welcome! Unfortunately, I do not have an SVG. (I do most of my work in Microsoft Paint.)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Blues Announce New Uniform Coming Next Week

September 4, 2019 - 18:28 PM

The Stanley Cup Champs are adding a new uniform as they defend their title this season. Yesterday, the St. Louis Blues announced the team will wear four uniforms in 2019-20, the newest of the bunch to be unveiled on September […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

If you don't look at it as a attempt to make the team ARMY STRONG, there's a lot to like about the redesign. For one thing, a "Florida panther" is basically a mountain lion, and now the logo better reflects that. The switch to a slightly muted red and metallic gold remind me of the Dolphins and their attempts to be a "luxury brand," which, if nothing else, is an aspirational tack to take for the Panthers. The halfway-across chest stripe works better than it should, and the old uniforms were kind of NHL Uniform By Numbers, anyway.

It's far easier for me to ignore the US Army-inspired aspects of the Panthers' current look now that Las Vegas has topped them with "West Point Hockey But It's A NHL Team."

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I like that take.

I think they’ve used the same red since about 2000, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Really? I could have sworn it got a little bluer and softer, closer to the 2003 Cavaliers' wine shade. Welp, off to ColorWerx; the pantones don't lie.

My two pet peeves with the Panthers:

1) Two versions of the crest that are almost the same except for the word. As with goalies, if you think you have two primary logos, you have no primary logo.

2) The numbers on the white should really be red. The names can stay blue, but the numbers should be seen as a continuation of the chest stripe and match accordingly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's far easier for me to ignore the US Army-inspired aspects of the Panthers' current look now that Las Vegas has topped them with "West Point Hockey But It's A NHL Team."

Anaheim tried to do that first, though.

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I like that take.

I think they’ve used the same red since about 2000, though.

Correct. From 1993 through 1999 their red was a bit more orange-ish (#DA291C) and since the 1999-00 season, they've used the same shade of red (#C8102E) that the rest of the red-wearing teams in the league (except for Montreal (#A6192E) and Arizona (#862633)) do.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Vegas out-Army'd Anaheim though. Anaheim didn't adopt what was basically West Point Athletics' name and logo. 

God only knows how far Anaheim would've gone if Burke had stuck around for longer.

Archived