New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would almost expect them to go to the kelly color on their CR uniforms. It would be a safe move and there wouldn't be any way they'd screw that up (fingers crossed anyways).

16 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Kelly green. Jets wordmark on the helmets. Classic logos. Yeah baby.

They're already using their classic logo, just not the one you are thinking of (I'm guessing).

It's where I sit.

It is so so critical that they learn the lesson from the past abominations of Cleveland, Miami(being corrected) Jax, Seattle, Tampa. Do not even thing about messing this thing up. Do not reinvent the wheel. The Jets have a very no nonsense fanbase and any sort of Jaguars vomit on a canvas will not be accepted.

For them to be getting new uniforms next spring means this process must've began last year I'm guessing? Probably well before those instagram mock ups came up.

I'm thinking the white facemasks are back for good. Those have been very well received. There was a lot of pushing for a return of an 80's/early 90s type look

Supposedly the new unis were about to be rolled out a few months ago at the "Taste of the Jets" event that they did but were held off for some reason.

Here's another concept that I've seen kicked around

thumbnail_2.jpg

Somebody asked Darron Lee on twitter if they're "fire" and he commented that they're better than "fire"? which worries me because athletes love ridiculous stupid uniforms

The first thought that came to mind before anything else was "God, Darron Lee must feel so vindicated rn."

9 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Supposedly the new unis were about to be rolled out a few months ago at the "Taste of the Jets" event that they did but were held off for some reason.

Here's another concept that I've seen kicked around

thumbnail_2.jpg

Somebody asked Darron Lee on twitter if they're "fire" and he commented that they're better than "fire"? which worries me because athletes love ridiculous stupid uniforms

Lee was the one who was posting around concepts that looked like this and begging the team to switch to them, so I'd rest easier.

All in all, I'm just glad to have our first confirmation that 2019 won't be a boring offseason uni-wise (unless I'm forgetting something?).

Aren't the Eagles doing something too with their uni's 2019? Maybe I'm mistaken...

What is weird though...if this is all Darron Lee, then how did he get the Jets to get new uniforms for 2019? If he sparked this THIS offseason (him and Jamal Adams really) then wouldn't we have the unis in 2020?

Isn't it a 2 year process to get new uniforms? So why are we getting ours next year?

2 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Aren't the Eagles doing something too with their uni's 2019? Maybe I'm mistaken...

What is weird though...if this is all Darron Lee, then how did he get the Jets to get new uniforms for 2019? If he sparked this THIS offseason (him and Jamal Adams really) then wouldn't we have the unis in 2020?

Isn't it a 2 year process to get new uniforms? So why are we getting ours next year?

Can a team start a process before deciding if they're going through with it or not? Not sure how it works, but I'm assuming so. Maybe Lee and Adams were pushing it already knowing the Jets were mulling it over.

New York Jets Announce New Uniforms Coming in 2019

July 30, 2018 - 01:13 AM

The New York Jets will be getting a new look next year; the team confirmed the news Sunday evening on their official Twitter account. Announced via a word search (hey, it was fun), the new uniforms will be unveiled in […]

Read More...

Archived