2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Don't the  J-E-T-S  have white socks in their new set to wear with the gotham green pants?

That would make a total difference for the better,  They had always been a team that wore correct socks with their now defunked forest green pants, which were white striped.

Even those black socks would be better, at least to show some contrast.

Just green and black, I guess they could go all white with the new rule.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dont care said:

Just green and black, I guess they could go all white with the new rule.

This is the one scenario where those solid white socks would work just fine.

That's my main gripe with the J-E-T-S  new unforms, the current socks don't offer any contrast to the green or black pants, only the green socks work well when they wear the white pants.  This is happening with far too many clubs these days.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:23 PM, msubulldog said:

I was hoping that they would wear their light blue jerseys. Plus they seem to only wear the white pants on the road.

It think this is the Titans' best away look which I got to see up close when they came to Orchard Park in 2018.

The NFL should revise the 5-year rule to permit teams to make minor tweaks after the initial season of a uniform change because there's most always something that needs modifications from the get-go.

For example with Tennessee, the Columbia blue armpit coloring is totally ridiculous and should be eliminated, same with their jersey number font, it's even worse than Tampa Bay's. With the Columbia Blue jerseys the font should be WHITE, not black, you cannot see those numbers on television. Rumor has it they were allowed to thicken the white outline of the Columbia Blue jersey, but I haven't seen it yet.

The Titans badly need to wear either white or Columbia Blue socks with their navy pants.  Also do something with those slanted mini-version of their no-purpose pant stripes.

For number fonts, why not just go back to the one used in their maiden season of 1960, similar to the current ones worn by the Chicago Bears, and somewhat similar to Denver's. Either that of the traditional block number font.  

The late Bud Adams' daughter, Amy Adams, who was most influential person in their redesign really messed these up because given the right tweaks it could be a really decent unform set,

Their JERSEY FONT is just plain AWFUL!!

spacer.png

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Called it. That will a quality mix of colors!

So did I. And based on the pattern of wearing a different pair of pants in consecutive weeks this year, I will say the next two games (at home) will be navy/navy and navy/columbia respectively.

14 hours ago, msubulldog said:

So did I. And based on the pattern of wearing a different pair of pants in consecutive weeks this year, I will say the next two games (at home) will be navy/navy and navy/columbia respectively.

Exactly. It's similar to the Ravens how they seem to rotate pant colors almost like the answers of a multiple choice test. It's not as simple as A B C A B C, but something like A B A C B A and so on. Hopefully I'm making sense. It's somewhat predictable and typically evens out.

11 hours ago, Froob said:

I like em. They’re a fun alt.

With yellow socks, I can live with it every 3 years. But the current purple head to toe? Na just look like grimace.

And even if you ignore the purple=grimace low hanging fruit joke, mono just always sucks in general. Need at least contrasting socks to break it up a little for it to be an ok occasional thing.

The last time the Vikings wore anything other than purple over white, or white over purple was December 1, 2016... that's 1042 days ago, if you're counting. I'd just as soon see that streak continue. I like it when a team commits to a look, assuming that look doesn't suck. 

The Vikings have worn their stupid color rush thing once... that was all I needed to see of it. If they absolutely insist on having an alt, a throwback to the 60's uniform would be much much more preferable.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:07 PM, Froob said:

Titans white helmet were much better.

I actually like the navy helmet. It only works though if they go Navy/Columbia/Navy at home and White/Columbia/Navy on the road. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Called it. That will a quality mix of colors!

Although it is a shame that the Broncos aren't wearing one of their orange jerseys, specifically the far superior CR version (perhaps even paired with navy socks for first time ever). At least there won't be an overload of dark blue hues on both sides of the ball, which could have very easily occurred.

17 hours ago, Froob said:

It’d be cool to see a redux of the 2005 Steelers Chargers game 

spacer.png

Unfortunately the Chargers tampered with that uniform set which was so well designed it needed no tweaking.

They changed the font on the jersey, move the TV numbers to the shoulders, redesigned the bolt pattern on the jersey and changed the placement of it, removed numbers from helmet, changed the lightning bolt logo on both the helmet and pants along with various other tweaks.

There was just no reason to mess with such perfection. I don't even like their new ones, the throwback version shown above which was worn in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy were just so great.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Giants should really ditch the grey pants for white on the road. The red road jersey don’t make sense, but it looks really nice, would be great with white pants.

Fixed! =P

da0Lbhs.png

Archived