Buffalo Sabres Alt/ 2020 Royal Blue Discussion

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

I think it's just detailed fur,  not motion lines. 

I'm not referring to the embroidery detail, I'm referring to the two lines above and below the buffalo. What is their purpose? To show that the buffalo is charging toward the swords? Just get rid of them, they don't make any sense and clutter up what is otherwise a very nice design.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Will they finally scrap the upper right shoulder uniform number? I mean you have a number on the back, numbers on both sleeves. Numbers on the helmets. Now a FIFTH place for a number on the jersey is idiotic and redundant and I have no clue how this was ever dreamed up

To be fair, they added the front number before the number on the front of the helmet became a thing.

Gee, how I wish the Canucks had an ownership like our expansion cousins. An ownership that listens to the entire fan base and has a creative marketing department.

Nevertheless, congratulations to all Sabres fans on their 50th anniversary celebrations and the rightful return to their classic look the season after.

💙⚔️💛

On 8/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think it looks great

Sabres-jersey-1-590x620.jpg

Shiny gold on white looks so good.  The buffalo looks great.  That's a sweet jersey.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

It's a ridiculously beautiful jersey, but what I love most is the white gloves. I thought they were brilliant when Vegas debuted them and I think they're brilliant here. I would love to see more teams use white gloves with their white jerseys IF they work. I feel like they would only work if there are no colored stripes on the bottom of the sleeves, so that the white from the sleeves "bleeds into" the white gloves.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

1 hour ago, JQK said:

God, no...

well...... you're a devils fan, i see that. would you believe i am a fan of both new york and new jersey?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 8/17/2019 at 12:01 PM, henburg said:

I'm not referring to the embroidery detail, I'm referring to the two lines above and below the buffalo. What is their purpose? To show that the buffalo is charging toward the swords? Just get rid of them, they don't make any sense and clutter up what is otherwise a very nice design.

I think you are right.  The lines are unnecessary, but there's so much to like about these uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 8/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, VancouverFan69 said:

Gee, how I wish the Canucks had an ownership like our expansion cousins. An ownership that listens to the entire fan base and has a creative marketing department.

Nevertheless, congratulations to all Sabres fans on their 50th anniversary celebrations and the rightful return to their classic look the season after.

💙⚔️💛

Do you really need to try to turn every completely unrelated thread into a Canucks discussion with your incessant potshots at ownership? Why? This has nothing to do with Vancouver. We get it, you don't like the branding. Do you think THIS is the post that Aquilini will FINALLY see that gets you personally invited to overhaul the Canucks brand?

I'd like to see that in a yellow/gold jersey-which I think would be more fitting for a 50th anniversary.

But...

It's decent enough--but I've never been a fan of any version of this look for them.

Although the Barney Rubble hair Buffaslug was worse.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

23 hours ago, Blindsay said:

well...... you're a devils fan, i see that. would you believe i am a fan of both new york and new jersey?

I'm not saying iut because i hate the Rags with a passion and fury of a thousand hells...

The rangers regular set is one of my absolute favorite sweaters (i'll never wear it, but still) LoL

The Lady Liberty jerseys were just a mess, and the logo wasn't much better.
Much like the pooh-bear, that belongs in the late 90's and no where near 2019...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Do you really need to try to turn every completely unrelated thread into a Canucks discussion with your incessant potshots at ownership? Why? This has nothing to do with Vancouver. We get it, you don't like the branding. Do you think THIS is the post that Aquilini will FINALLY see that gets you personally invited to overhaul the Canucks brand?

The Sabres and Canucks are expansion cousins and comparisons will be made. That's just the way it is. Deal with it buddy.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, JQK said:

The Lady Liberty jerseys were just a mess, and the logo wasn't much better.
Much like the pooh-bear, that belongs in the late 90's and no where near 2019...

Well the Rags have a third this year, and I doubt they bring back the heritage jersey after having used it for 8 straight years. Plus, with how popular the Lady Liberty jersey is amongst Rangers fans, I can't see them not bringing it back as an adidas sooner rather then later. Teams like Anaheim and Arizona prove that 90's/early 2000's looks have the potential to make big bucks, so I can't imagine more teams won't jump on that trend as soon as they can and start bringing in alternate jerseys that represent those eras (NYR, Vancouver, LA, Buffalo and Washington being some of the more prominent examples off the top of my head.)

17 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Sabres and Canucks are expansion cousins and comparisons will be made. That's just the way it is. Deal with it buddy.

I eagerly anticipate your evangelical rant about how Aquilini is a dumbass and the Canucks look terrible on a translated article on a tier 3 German soccer club getting relegated, since they're both sports teams and therefore have a tenuous connection. Friend.

Archived