MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

36 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They better have a narrow version.  NYCFC has several players that will need one.

int_190629_INET_FC_NYFCFC_PHILLY_HL27_5x

I'm curious to see how this font responds to being squashed.  Think they might have been better off saving the in-line for the numbers and using a simplified version for the NOB.

Completely agree with the bolded, that’s my biggest gripe with the new font. 

And there is a condensed version of the new font, seen here for Ismael Tajouri:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a question for another thread, for teams like LA Galaxy II, TFC II and other USL affiliate teams, are those teams going to get the new template that MLS parent clubs are getting? Or is the USL kit regulation a bit more strict than MLS?

9 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Yes, as a season ticket-holding supporter of Los Angeles Football Club, I'm complaining about the LAFC jersey. Which, for the reasons I listed, I feel looks like s**t when compared to said team's original primary jersey.

Well as a season ticket-holding member of Columbus Crew Soccer Club I feel that you lucked out with the LAFC jerseys because everything you complained about (which I agree with) are barely visible on the new lafc jersey

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe a question for another thread, for teams like LA Galaxy II, TFC II and other USL affiliate teams, are those teams going to get the new template that MLS parent clubs are getting? Or is the USL kit regulation a bit more strict than MLS?

The majority of adidas teams in USL have the midadidas teamwear.

For the 2 teams, it's a matter of USL regulations stating that the MLS logo(which was previously automatically put on the MLS jerseys) cannot appear on a USL jersey.

In interest of truth: LAG II, TFC II, and the like are not USL affiliate teams. They are fully owned and operated second sides of the MLS teams. They are not affiliates. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Another look at LAFC’s sleeve sponsor:

spacer.png

If LAFC just used a traditional gold adidas striping , this would be a top notch kit.

I absolutely love the new league number font. It’s looks great in black and gold. It’s a shame the new template ruins it. 

I think it’s one of the best in the league with those using the new template, but that’s not exactly glowing praise. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, WarriorFight said:

What time will the kit reveal kick off tonight? Every article I can find on MLS doesn't say a time, which is you know something of a salient detail.

Looks like 8:30 ET:

FWIW other clubs have posted the same thing, so it’s not just Miami putting that time out there.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

As anticipated, the New England Revolution will pair their blue primary jersey with red shorts. Blue socks complete the look.

T5NIBJxh.jpg

Oooo I don't like that. New England has always been an all Navy team, with minimal red trim. They usually have navy or white shorts. Can't recall the last time they wore red shorts.

39 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Oooo I don't like that. New England has always been an all Navy team, with minimal red trim. They usually have navy or white shorts. Can't recall the last time they wore red shorts.

The red shorts are an homage to their ‘96 home kit:

spacer.png

I think it’s likely that the Revs will have a navy shorts option for their new primaries as well, with the red shorts being the first choice. If DCU really do have red shorts for their primaries I’d expect them to have a black shorts option as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I like the red shorts for the Revs as a throwback, and I've also vastly preferred the white shorts that they've generally worn the last several years. I have nothing against a good monochrome kit, but it doesn't work in navy blue... just the most dull, boring look you can trot out.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

Except they haven't always been an all-navy team.

This season's look hearkens back to their inaugural look in 96:

spacer.png

patriotssignature.png

Archived