MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Insight as to what the MLS hoped for in last season's final? LAFC and Atlanta front and center? Sounders relegated to the back and Toronto nowhere to be found. 

That would mean they want Columbus involved in the playoffs. That's not likely. Nashville likely won't be a factor either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

That would mean they want Columbus involved in the playoffs. That's not likely. Nashville likely won't be a factor either.

Well I’m not reading that much into it but it just struck me as odd at first glance that LAFC was the headliner and the champ was stuck in back.  My guess is LAFC sell the most merchandise. 

1 minute ago, hawk36 said:

Well I’m not reading that much into it but it just struck me as odd at first glance that LAFC was the headliner and the champ was stuck in back.  My guess is LAFC sell the most merchandise. 

I'd say both LA teams, NYCFC, Atlanta and Seattle are probably tops for uniform sales. Reportedly, at the Crew Supporters Summit two years ago someone asked Don Garber why they didn't produce as much fan gear for the Crew as other teams. Garber's reply was, "You don't buy it"! Granted, the reason we don't buy it is that it doesn't exist. If you wonder why Crew fans have a love/hate relationship with this league, here's why. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd say both LA teams, NYCFC, Atlanta and Seattle are probably tops for uniform sales. Reportedly, at the Crew Supporters Summit two years ago someone asked Don Garber why they didn't produce as much fan gear for the Crew as other teams. Garber's reply was, "You don't buy it"! Granted, the reason we don't buy it is that it doesn't exist. If you wonder why Crew fans have a love/hate relationship with this league, here's why. 

This quote might have been before it broke they were moving but I know there was a strong push to not buy the official merchandise especially the new jersey since it would be supporting precourt. 

4 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

This quote might have been before it broke they were moving but I know there was a strong push to not buy the official merchandise especially the new jersey since it would be supporting precourt. 

Since it would have been prior to the season that's most likely the case. But for years Columbus has gotten the bare minimum when it comes to fan gear options. That makes it a pain for guys like me who are in the median of clothing options for the Crew. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since it would have been prior to the season that's most likely the case. But for years Columbus has gotten the bare minimum when it comes to fan gear options. That makes it a pain for guys like me who are in the median of clothing options for the Crew. 

Yea same, I barely own any adidas crew merch, I normally get all my crew gear besides jerseys from Homage. 

1 minute ago, dannykraft said:

Yea same, I barely own any adidas crew merch, I normally get all my crew gear besides jerseys from Homage. 

Ebay here. Which sucks because I've wanted a pair of black shorts forever but they never seem to sell them. Then again MLS doesn't seem to sell shorts, except for the home set for most teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, dannykraft said:

This is the double-edged sword of a boycott.  Fans have economic power, but choosing to withhold it can have far-reaching consequences.

I don't think it's just a boycott, there's always been more official merch even for the Portland-type teams that have a real strong base of support with more Mitchell & Ness gear, special partnerships and so on, vs. most MLS 1.0 teams getting the bare minimum. Makes business sense.

Looks like Miami will be unveiling their primaries on Monday:

You can get a glimpse at the shorts and socks in the first shot of Pizarro here:

There’s a small part of me that wants to believe those shorts are pink, but I’m not holding my breath on that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I see pink too; I can kind of see the adidas stripes in white if I pause it. Might be my eyes playing tricks on me

That’s exactly what I saw that made me think the shorts might be pink. It’s really difficult to tell for sure with that lighting on the image, though. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Whitecaps wore their primaries with the new font on Wednesday and it was, predictably, a little rough on the eyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will say the new font probably matches the retro-inspired kit design a little better, but the numbers are probably even more illegible than the old font:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The new numbers are a little shorter than the old numbers which, coupled with the thick inline of the new font, makes the numbers incredibly hard to read from any discernible distance and ends up just looking like a red blob against the blue hoop. The ‘Caps really should be able to use the outlined version of the new font to at least provide some separation between the red of the numbers and blue of the chest band:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s what that would look like:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Whitecaps wore their primaries with the new font on Wednesday and it was, predictably, a little rough on the eyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will say the new font probably matches the retro-inspired kit design a little better, but the numbers are probably even more illegible than the old font:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The new numbers are a little shorter than the old numbers which, coupled with the thick inline of the new font, makes the numbers incredibly hard to read from any discernible distance and ends up just looking like a red blob against the blue hoop. The ‘Caps really should be able to use the outlined version of the new font to at least provide some separation between the red of the numbers and blue of the chest band:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s what that would look like:

spacer.png

Maybe they should place the numbers on a white background then screen them to the jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MLS: Inter Miami CF Unveils New Home Kits

February 24, 2020 - 18:29 PM

Inter Miami CF, one of the two expansion teams joining Major League Soccer for the 2020 season, unveiled their new home kits this afternoon. The uniform is white, “Heron white” to be exact, inspired by “the great white herons of […]

Read More...

26 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

MLS: Inter Miami CF Unveils New Home Kits

February 24, 2020 - 18:29 PM

Inter Miami CF, one of the two expansion teams joining Major League Soccer for the 2020 season, unveiled their new home kits this afternoon. The uniform is white, “Heron white” to be exact, inspired by “the great white herons of […]

Read More...

Everyone was mad at them for going all-white but joke's on you, it's actually "heron white." Fakeout!

Archived