MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

25 minutes ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

They're wearing these with navy blue shorts and socks, and I actually really like that color combo. That's quite sharp. I still can't get over the massive stripes on the shoulder. I don't think that looks good on anybody. 

I agree. Looks great except for the huge shoulder stripes. Not sure why everyone didn't just opt for the LAFC tone/tone style for them. I mean especially for Cinci who could've easily used the dark blue for the stripes on the royal. 

usa_today_14144035.0.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I agree. Looks great except for the huge shoulder stripes. Not sure why everyone didn't just opt for the LAFC tone/tone style for them. I mean especially for Cinci who could've easily used the dark blue for the stripes on the royal. 

usa_today_14144035.0.jpg

This uniform specifically makes tall playerslook shorter than they actually are. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/9/2020 at 12:03 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know we've already covered this in another thread but THAT. IS. NOT. GOLD.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The stripes and the thick, high collar look like something from World Cup 98. I think that's why I don't like them. Everywhere else in sports things are getting more simple, smaller, less in your face, and then Adidas is like "HEY STRIPES!!!!!". 

PvO6ZWJ.png

33 minutes ago, swilson160 said:

That's an odd comment to make on a photo of Latif Blessing.

True, but Sebastian Blanco has the same issues as well. i think it's how bulky the sleeves look on players that have smaller arms. 

Image result for sebastian blanco 2020

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

True, but Sebastian Blanco has the same issues as well. i think it's how bulky the sleeves look on players that have smaller arms. 

Image result for sebastian blanco 2020

Blanco is 5’6”, one inch taller than Latif Blessing. Again, an odd choice to illustrate your original point:

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

This uniform specifically makes tall players look shorter than they actually are. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Blanco is 5’6”, one inch taller than Latif Blessing. Again, an odd choice to illustrate your original point:

I'm specifically pointing out the sleeves which are bloomers compared to the tighter versions we've seen before. adidas also has normally fit significantly tighter on the players cut than the fan cut.

Minnesota United FC v Portland Timbers : News Photo

Here's the regular home shirts with tighter sleeves compared to the jersey he's wearing previously.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Agree that the giant shoulder stripes are a major distraction on most of the kits, but I actually really like them in this one specific case:

Image result for dc united vs inter miami

Probably because there's historical precedent for DC United wearing three giant stripes across their torso

6 minutes ago, radchad said:

Agree that the giant shoulder stripes are a major distraction on most of the kits, but I actually really like them in this one specific case:

Image result for dc united vs inter miami

Probably because there's historical precedent for DC United wearing three giant stripes across their torso

I think the red shorts are the only reason this kit works. Mainly because I want those strights across the front too. It reminds me of when everyone in the NFL had to wear the Elite 51 when Nike took over. Some teams made sure to avoid the toilet bowls and the flywire but everyone still had that same cut college teams had been using for years instead of a new cut for the pro teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Image result for columbus crew

Correct. this is! 

That’s gold in the same way that the Lakers’ current shade is gold. It’s not. Definitely closer to gold than Nashville’s almost-neon shade of yellow, but still not athletic gold. 

RSL uses more of a true athletic gold, while the Timbers have a mustardy gold, and Atlanta, LAFC, and Philly all have metallic gold.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That’s gold in the same way that the Lakers’ current shade is gold. RSL uses more of a true athletic gold, while the Timbers have a mustardy gold, and Atlanta, LAFC, and Philly all have metallic gold.

The team calls it gold, the league calls it gold, so it's gold. It's personal choice and that's what they call it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

The team calls it gold, the league calls it gold, so it's gold. It's personal choice and that's what they call it.

So by that logic Nashville’s is gold as well since that’s what they call it and what the league calls it. But we all know their shade isn’t even close to gold, just how Columbus’ shade is more of a banana yellow than athletic gold.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

So by that logic Nashville’s is gold as well since that’s what they call it and what the league calls it. But we all know their shade isn’t even close to gold, just how Columbus’ shade is more of a banana yellow than athletic gold.

Correct.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

36 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

31 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s how I see it:

Teams that use gold (and is gold): Atlanta, LAFC, Philadelphia and Portland

Teams that use yellow (but referred to as gold): Columbus, RSL, Nashville.

On 3/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, Gothamite said:

Le sigh.

Opinions are like unproduced screenplays.  Everybody's got one, and they all break down in the third act.

Wait... what were we talking about?

Brian Griffin?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived