2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

27 minutes ago, henburg said:

Here's a pretty bad look at what the Predators' full set will look like with helmets, pants, etc. I grabbed it from a promo video so the colors wonky with much of the silver looking like olive green, but still it gives you the right idea.

spacer.png

I really like it overall, I just wish that the newer logo was on the chest-

orNu0Yb.png

I think that a lot of the other reverse retros would have more longevity if they did something like this too.

Wearing the current helmets and pants with this uniform is kind of lame. Should have navy helmets and all navy pants.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, henburg said:

Here's a pretty bad look at what the Predators' full set will look like with helmets, pants, etc. I grabbed it from a promo video so the colors wonky with much of the silver looking like olive green, but still it gives you the right idea.

spacer.png

I really like it overall, I just wish that the newer logo was on the chest-

orNu0Yb.png

I think that a lot of the other reverse retros would have more longevity if they did something like this too.

That really needs a navy helmet to balance things out up top. Either that or yellow pants, which would look awful.

ExJworW.png

12 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That really needs a navy helmet to balance things out up top. Either that or yellow pants, which would look awful.

The org pushes the gold hard, I would not be surprised if navy helmets were never even in the cards.

So the pants were to replace the black to get everything matching. Guess that kills the idea of a full-on Nordiques throwback, and the RR is the closest they'll get.

That 25th patch, though....WOOF. I thought we learned to never attempt this kind of design again lmao

Man that Avs 25th logo is not good. The 2 and 5 are squished together. And the snow has curve lines that half-ass wrap around the 5, but not really.

It's going to be weird to see them in blue helmets and pants...blue helmets will probably be the starkest change. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's going to be weird to see them in blue helmets and pants...blue helmets will probably be the starkest change. 

I mean, really, the black equipment was the oddball as soon as they removed it from their jerseys. This will probably make everything far more cohesive.

Whoever designed the 25 logo for the Avs left it too long in the microwave.  Random chrome strokes, needless depth, flat puck/snow.  Just pick a goddamn lane.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, really, the black equipment was the oddball as soon as they removed it from their jerseys. This will probably make everything far more cohesive.

Now wondering if the black numbers on the aways will change to burgandy or blue in a year or two. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The org pushes the gold hard, I would not be surprised if navy helmets were never even in the cards.

Yeah, I'm not hopeful that they even went so far as giving navy helmets serious consideration. The approach for the last few years has essentially felt like "Crank the gold to 11, nuance be damned!"

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

14 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Because the stars actually have a history in Dallas that they can and will throwback to. The Wild on the other hand... they'll play Minnesota dress-up. Either that or throwback to the 03 team when they got worked by J.S. Giguere in the West Finals, the pinnacle of their history?

One goal in four games. The Dead Puck Era, man oh man.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Now wondering if the black numbers on the aways will change to burgandy or blue in a year or two. 

Probably burgundy. Wouldn't be surprised if they also change the silver outlines to blue and maybe do the same to the striping, just to make it pop a little more against the white.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it looks like the anniversary logo uses the original shade burgundy that, in the right lightning, could often appear red.  It could just be a low-quality image but the shade matches what the mothership has for 1996 pretty closely.

MWlbLhu.jpg
SMrhnCC.jpg

7 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

There’s a lot of love for the Kings jersey but I’m not super impressed with it. It’s fine by RR standards but they did already do a perfect throwback to purple and gold a few years back.

Yeah, but those are throwbacks, not twists on throwbacks; and besides, I think the Gretzky-era template in purple and gold knocks the socks off of practically any other Kings design aesthetically. Slap the crown on that jersey's front and you've got a gorgeous home uniform compared to the :censored:ty one they have now.

Re: Islanders -> I think the lack of effort on the reverse retro sweater has to do with the organization having to embrace Lou Lamoriello's 'old-school' principles.

If he wasn't around, I bet we're talking about how fancy the teal Fisherman sticks are or how classy the orange jerseys (in classic template of course) are.

Archived