squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Oh lord. I mean...it's perfectly gaudy for Vegas?

Who was the last team to come out with a 3rd jersey that was just a color swap of their home/away? Feels like it’s been a while.

edit: I love that they’re using the white gloves, ties in well with the white on the jersey. Also love that they’re taking the extra step and using charcoal pants to match the helmet and rest of the jersey, instead of taking the easy way out and sticking with the usual black pants.

I don't mind it. I think it'll look a little better on the ice. Bad choice to use the white gloves, though.

Oh that grey helmet/gold jersey/white glove/grey pants combo is...

Horrific.

And again we learn that Vegas Gold doesn’t really work in flat/non-metallic applications. It’s either beige (Ducks/Pens), or gross (Vegas). And that’s really gross.

8 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

I don't know how I feel about this. The charcoal on the jersey seems out of place for me.

The white looks horrible on it. There's absolutely no reason to use white on this uniform. The black, charcoal, and red do just fine. 

Gold looks great on grey when it's gold accents. The reverse looks terrible.

Bad idea, as seen here. They didn't bother coming up with a fitting alt design, so they said forget about it and just color swapped the home.

I may be crazy but I don't think these are 100% terrible. They aren't good by any means, but I don't think they're a dumpster fire.

They could've just gone for a Vegas Lights neon-style jersey or something, but instead they revived the :censored:in' Mustard Cat as a Vegas jersey.

Grey helmet, gold jersey, white gloves and grey pants? My god what an horrible, horrible combo

15 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Who was the last team to come out with a 3rd jersey that was just a color swap of their home/away? Feels like it’s been a while.

edit: I love that they’re using the white gloves, ties in well with the white on the jersey. Also love that they’re taking the extra step and using charcoal pants to match the helmet and rest of the jersey, instead of taking the easy way out and sticking with the usual black pants.

i_love_gold.jpg?1441341504

EjV4dTkVkAEzDqr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's another photo. It does not improve with higher quality.

Ideally, this would be made out of dazzle nylon, like the old (highly impractical) Hi-Li Ice Sheen jerseys. But if we can't have that, as long as it's sparkly gold and not flat mustard, I dig it.

I think it looks fine. It's not great, but it's not a dumpster fire. It seems like a gold jersey made of that material just doesn't work well.

Vegas Goes Gold, Golden Knights Unveil New Third Jersey

October 2, 2020 - 18:08 PM

The Vegas Golden Knights today unveiled the first alternate uniform in their franchise’s history and it’s exactly what’d you would’ve expected. Yes, gold. Well, not just any gold, “metallic knit” gold, the team is saying calling it the first-of-its-kind on the Adidas Adizero jersey. “What other town could have a gold

Read More...

🤢 Not a fan; reminds me a lot of the old Predators mustard tiger abomination.

28 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

The Blackhawks are the last team I can think of that went that route for their alternate.

I actually like these for the most part, but the white gloves seem like too much. Grey would be fine, but black would be better. With the logo being primarily black it seems strange that it's nowhere else in the uniform. At least the road set has the black pants & trim on the collar. I wonder if they'll every try out the grey breezers with the away jersey.