2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

Flames website is completely in their retro colours if anyone cares. Pretty much confirms the switch 

I hope so, it's long over due! 
My Pens did it, the Islanders, the Oilers (but then they F'd it up again by going Navy), the Sabres...the Flames and the Capitals need to do it!!

8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

This makes me wonder, moving forward, if football teams that used to wear dazzle fabric pants will challenge their respective outfitters to recreate that look instead of settling for the matte version.

I doubt it. The sparkly fabrics essentially have foil threads knit into them. I don’t think it would work at all for a close-fitting garment. Too scratchy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Potential hot take incoming but the red accent kills the whole look for me

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Those Vegas thirds are not only beautiful, they're what they should have been wearing all along. It's baffling that it took this long for the GOLDEN Knights to actually wear GOLD.

Hopefully Vegas elevates this to their primary look someday and changes their road jerseys to match. I'm envisioning shiny gold numbers on the road like the Saints' throwbacks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Those Vegas thirds are not only beautiful, they're what they should have been wearing all along. It's baffling that it took this long for the GOLDEN Knights to actually wear GOLD.

Hopefully Vegas elevates this to their primary look someday and changes the color balance on their road jerseys to match.

Ech, disagree on that, chief. Vegas' current look is phenomenal, and reducing it to this would drop it really far down the echelons.

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Ech, disagree on that, chief. Vegas' current look is phenomenal, and reducing it to this would drop it really far down the echelons.

Couldn't disagree more. Their entire current look has been held back by the puzzling decision to emphasize charcoal as the primary color. It's reminiscent of how the Blue Jays spent the better part of a decade emphasizing graphite and black over blue.

Charcoal isn't necessarily bad in a vacuum, but it's too muted for a team in Vegas called the Golden Knights.

xLmjWVv.png

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Couldn't disagree more. Their entire current look has been held back by the puzzling decision to emphasize charcoal as the primary color. It's reminiscent of how the Blue Jays spent the better part of a decade emphasizing graphite and black over blue.

Charcoal isn't necessarily bad in a vacuum, but it's too muted for a team in Vegas called the Golden Knights.

But that mustard color is no better than the Nashville thirds from the early 2000’s. It’s very unappealing in large blocks, the use as trim was perfect and displayed the logo better than on this jersey.

10 minutes ago, dont care said:

But that mustard color is no better than the Nashville thirds from the early 2000’s. It’s very unappealing in large blocks, the use as trim was perfect and displayed the logo better than on this jersey.

I don't get this comparison. Nashville's mustard was a very different shade of gold than what Vegas is using. Plus those Nashville thirds were matte, not shiny.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived