2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VancouverFan69 said:

Canucks logo talk will never ever go away until the corporately-inspired Orca is harpooned.

You have a bolder view of Canucks fans then I do, though I trust your intense lust to have Johnny Canuck on the front has nothing to do with your disdain for the Orca.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, Ridleylash said:

To be fair, the Ducks and Kings both should've changed a while ago. If those two just went back to their unique color palettes, the Knights would be alone with their look.

That's not how that works. 

Ducks and Kings look fine in their current palettes. The Ducks colour scheme really fits Anaheim and the Kings are as fitting a team as any to wear Silver and Black, which they essentially own in the NHL. My only gripe is that nobody wears purple now. Not even as a tertiary colour. I figured with Seattle going with the name 'Kraken' that would be a perfect opportunity for its reintroduction to the league. I think Seattle's uniforms are great and don't want them to change, but it would be nice to see some purple in some capacity.

On the note of the Coyotes, I've also noticed something else;

spacer.png

They've slashed a bunch of prices for Coyotes stuff on the Fanatics store. This is the same stuff that's happened to the Sens and Flames' old branding gear; both teams who have recently revealed rebrands. Another indication towards an incoming Coyotes rebrand?

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Ducks and Kings look fine in their current palettes. The Ducks colour scheme really fits Anaheim and the Kings are as fitting a team as any to wear Silver and Black, which they essentially own in the NHL. My only gripe is that nobody wears purple now. Not even as a tertiary colour. I figured with Seattle going with the name 'Kraken' that would be a perfect opportunity for its reintroduction to the league. I think Seattle's uniforms are great and don't want them to change, but it would be nice to see some purple in some capacity.

Who cares if nobody wears purple lol. Nobody wears brown and it's not a problem. I don't see any pink or light green either. Where do you draw the line and why is there a need to have as many colours represented in the league as possible? It's all a bit silly if you ask me. Just let the team's do what they want to do.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

16 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Canucks logo talk will never ever go away until the corporately-inspired Orca is harpooned. Any other Canucks hockey crest in blue and green will do and that includes a recoloured Skate.

So if they do exactly what you want then everything will be fixed and no one will debate the Canucks logos any more. This is why I don't take your posts seriously. I don't even think you were joking lol.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

14 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Isn't that what we want ?

Well the Kachina design is nice, but a little dark. An updated version would be much better, with more contrast and I would prefer an emphasis on the brick color over black. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I know it hasn't been perfect across the board (slightly strange white stripes on Buffalo, 3rd jersey kind of sticks out in Calgary, I bet they don't change the contrast on Kachina, and the Sens messed up their striping, and I know they're gaudy and I shouldn't really like 'em but I kind of like the Vegas' Golden monstrosities), but overall, I think the league is going to look better as a whole next year.  So while I can find some nitpicks and some wishes I have, I probably will have a hard time overly being upset at the visual direction of the league.  It's definitely looking better and better, and despite reservations on the name I've had, the Kraken will visually fit in with that "lookin' good" trend

34 minutes ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

Hopefully they bring back Katchina full time as well

I like it...but this is irritating because the Avs should have a 25th anniversary logo patch (since '95-96), but the Coyotes are going with a 25 seasons patch (though they call it years, it's lazily inaccurate), and one season wasn't played...so thus the Coyotes history of '96-97 - '20-21 is literally 24 years and 24 seasons. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Isn't that what we want ?

Almost. I wanted an updated version of the 90s jerseys, ideally using the brick color more prominently and the new kachina hanger effect pattern on the actual uniforms.

The Sabres, Padres, Brewers, and Chargers did that. That's what I wanted for the Coyotes.

Well, we at least have the Coyotes' anniversary logos, even if it seems we might not be getting a full-hog rebrand quite yet. I say that because of two things this press release also says;

• For one, the Kachinas will be worn for 25 home games next season. Makes me think a phaseout of the current set is coming.
  • And second, the moon logo that's only used on the Kachinas is replacing the howling logo at center ice for all of their home games, which makes little sense if you're not going to rebrand;cut.jpg

Archived