2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

This is essentially a gold and white colour swap of the away jerseys, which is why there’s so much white on the sleeves. 

I really don’t like the move of going with the white gloves.

I also don’t like the fact that’s the same logo placement as the home and away jerseys. I don’t know if the star sword logo is strong enough for the main crest, but I’d rather see it on the front just to mix it up a little, especially considering the jersey template is already the same as the regular home and away.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Blackhawks are the last team I can think of that went that route for their alternate.

Florida was the last team, though they altered the logo slightly by shrinking down the panther and adding a stick.

22 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

EjV4dTkVkAEzDqr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's another photo. It does not improve with higher quality.

Well, it's, um, different. I think the white ruins the look. Replace it with black and I think you have something more passible. Or a more traditional design (I'm thinking something like this, but with Golden Knights branding). Either way, this isn't great, but I wouldn't say it's the worst thing we have seen either.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The "Always Advance, Never Retreat" line seems highly ironic for a sport that constantly has teams retreating to reset the offense and/or play defense. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

Looks good imo

Yeah. I think it's pretty cool. I wouldn't buy it, but I think it's cool.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

48 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Who was the last team to come out with a 3rd jersey that was just a color swap of their home/away? Feels like it’s been a while.

edit: I love that they’re using the white gloves, ties in well with the white on the jersey. Also love that they’re taking the extra step and using charcoal pants to match the helmet and rest of the jersey, instead of taking the easy way out and sticking with the usual black pants.

I absolutely LOVE this. The Golden Knights are now, officially, "golden". I agree, the grey pants to match the grey helmets was a smart move....makes up for not trying a gold helmet. I can live with the swapping of the white and gold, however, the numbers on the sleeves should be gold outlined in white, not white outlined in gold. However, that can easily be corrected down the road. The primary V-helmet crest looks natural on the golds. There are primary crests that look great on alternates and VGK's is one of them. Love the metallic gold colour. Far nicer than that disastrous dried up mustard gold the Predators wore in the mid 2000's.

BIG thumbs up.

11 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

This makes me wonder, moving forward, if football teams that used to wear dazzle fabric pants will challenge their respective outfitters to recreate that look instead of settling for the matte version.

They would have to care. They aren't us. We care.

I wish you were right. But I wouldn't hold my breath. 

It's where I sit.

Archived