Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

Their 2018 and 2019 matchups would like a word.

Except they both downgraded this offseason, Atlanta maybe I'd say was a lateral change but LA was a massive downgrade, even over the remnants of their time in St. Louis

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

10 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Except they both downgraded this offseason, Atlanta maybe I'd say was a lateral change but LA was a massive downgrade, even over the remnants of their time in St. Louis

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I personally felt the Rams lacked cohesion with white horns on their helmet and gold-trimmed uniforms, while the Falcons uniforms were too busy. Black as their primary look is also much better than red, especially when paired with a black helmet. 

Head to toe black is how I envisioned it when these were released & I bet we get it almost all the games they wear the Black jersey except maybe one game. We will also get head to toe white on the away most of the time as well. I really think that video makes them look worse than on the release but to each their own.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Really?  Because not only do I not doubt it, I'm expecting it. 

Well, if we're counting the home debut, I expect them to emphasize the black. What I mean is, guys like Julio and Gurley won't dress identical to  Matt Ryan or some third string dude. Some guys have style when it comes to cleats and accessories, while others are more or less, no frills. To break up the onesie look, some guys will wear cleats that are white and red, all white, or all red. I'm also expecting a white towel, white or black arm sleeve/turf tape, and white or red gloves. Players are allowed, and will always add their own flair. It won't improve the look to some people, but there are ways to add more contrast and vibrancy.

10 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Well, if we're counting the home debut, I expect them to emphasize the black. What I mean is, guys like Julio and Gurley won't dress identical to  Matt Ryan or some third string dude. Some guys have style when it comes to cleats and accessories, while others are more or less, no frills. To break up the onesie look, some guys will wear cleats that are white and red, all white, or all red. I'm also expecting a white towel, white or black arm sleeve/turf tape, and white or red gloves. Players are allowed, and will always add their own flair. It won't improve the look to some people, but there are ways to add more contrast and vibrancy.

While you're not wrong in stating that players will add in some red-accented things, I don't think that in anyway solves the onesie issue.  Looking around at images of, say, the Seattle Seahwaks, plenty of guys wear white shoes/white armbands, even a few green.  They suffer from the same leotard look still.  A red armband on Todd Gurley isn't going to make anyone go "Oh yeah, the color balance is definitely there now!"  

The Falcons are going to wear black, over black, with black socks (with no white showing) for what will likely be 6 of 8 home games (one will feature a red crop-top with high waisted black yoga pants, and another a throw back).  They'll probably wear white over white with white socks for 6 or 7 away games (one will probably see a red-pant option for a single game and perhaps once with the black pants).  And those 12-13+ games will all suffer from the same issues whether or not a few players wear red/white shoes or a red armband here or there.  Of all the issues I've seen people raise with the Falcons look, I've yet to see (and perhaps I've missed them) anyone levy an issue with the accessory colors.

When people are saying they'll be black head-to-toe, they're not stating it'll be the only color visible.  It's the black helmet, black top, black pants, black color block socks they're mentioning.  A red splotch on the arm, while a nicer pop of something else, cannot solve that general issue.  Going with, say, gray pants at home, however, would (just as an example).

6 hours ago, 1908_Cubs said:

When people are saying they'll be black head-to-toe, they're not stating it'll be the only color visible.  It's the black helmet, black top, black pants, black color block socks they're mentioning.  A red splotch on the arm, while a nicer pop of something else, cannot solve that general issue

I clearly stated, that it won't change others opinions of the overall presentation. But the way the video game or photoshoot has it displayed, is as if every single player will be in all black/white everything. I personally don't give a hoot...just saying most players like to be unique where they're allowed to, regarding the accessories and such.  This isn't an opinion, just look at any game from last season and tell me certain players don't standout aesthetically. That's the only point I'm making, nothing more.

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

I clearly stated, that it won't change others opinions of the overall presentation. But the way the video game or photoshoot has it displayed, is as if every single player will be in all black/white everything. I personally don't give a hoot...just saying most players like to be unique where they're allowed to, regarding the accessories and such.  This isn't an opinion, just look at any game from last season and tell me certain players don't standout aesthetically. That's the only point I'm making, nothing more.

I'm pretty sure everyone got that point the first time.  The point you seem to be missing is that everyone is telling you red shoe laces and white wristbands couldn't possibly matter less. Black helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks equals an all black uniform. 

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm pretty sure everyone got that point the first time.  The point you seem to be missing is that everyone is telling you red shoe laces and white wristbands couldn't possibly matter less. Black helmets, jerseys, pants, and socks equals an all black uniform. 

Why do you keep saying that? I never disputed that fact. I made my point in reference to the Madden clip that was posted showing Todd Gurley with all black accessories. That's all. Nothing more to talk about honestly lol.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

That's the worst uniform matchup possible, maybe one of the worst ever, yikes. 

Welcome to the new NFL - Darth Vaders vs the Storm Troopers in nearly every game, no matter who is playing!

On 6/4/2020 at 1:59 PM, L10nheart404 said:

When it was revealed that we'd have multiple pants options, I for sure thought they were going to go with black, white, and gray/silver. That would theoretically double as two throwbacks, the red and black sets from the 80s-90s.

EVG8tcxUMAA1T3S?format=jpg&name=largeEVG8tdKU0AATQdc?format=jpg&name=large

I said this way earlier in the thread, and this shows why it works so well.  Black helmet, black jersey, black socks....grey pants.  It's a tremendous look, and translates well to the White jersey/socks.  

The fact that this didn't happen shows that the world is run by the wrong people.

340?cb=20130925050907

It's still the same all-black uniform... just with a white towel.  That photo actually made the argument worse since the "accessory" that breaks it up is a towel that's not even used by most players, and isn't even part of a uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

This screenshot perfectly illustrates my point about the accessories adding a different look/feel t0jpqflldr551.jpg

As always, we are all entitled to have our own personal preferences on the way things look, but I just don't agree with this point that these accessories change the aesthetics of anything.  The numbers remain honking, the ATL remains honking, the team is still black/black/black/black.   Sure, You have some red gloves or whatever, and some guys might have red armbands, but I just don't see any way this changes the uniform set.  Every team in every sport has players who have some degree of customization when it comes to accessories.  

spacer.png

There are different accessories going on here.  Unger has a green band, the guard closest to the camera (I can't quite tell whom it is), has a black one, the guard furthest from the camera has green shoes...and the Seahawks still all look the same.  The same effect is going to be created by the Falcons.  Sure, Julio Jones might have slightly different accessories from Todd Gurley, Calvin Ridley and Matt Ryan.  But the end result is going to be the Falcons, across the board, will look almost entirely uniform.  Like the image above.  They'll be full on black on black on black on black.  

Archived