Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this Photoshop by @ schapdesign on Instagram, and I’ve got to say, if the uniforms turn out anything like this in real life, I wouldn’t be disappointed in the slightest:

BNpxOZh.jpg
Granted, this is the best possible combination, and they likely won’t wear it that often...

The only combo I really don’t like is the all-white. However, even that isn’t all that bad:

0KhQ0FD.jpg

I’d even dare to say I like the all-black combo, including the matte helmet (hopefully it’s this dark in real life; this one was done by @ swapscenter on Instagram):

FD1GbrV.jpg

Even though this set isn’t as great as it could be, I’m not nearly as disappointed in it as I was at the reveal. It messes up the little details, but from a distance it’s mostly a simple look. 

3 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

From a uniform design standpoint, Im just so tired of seeing pointy pant stripes. (Jets, Falcons, Bengals, Broncos).

At least the Falcons are the less egregious of the bunch. The Panthers have a weird thing going with their pants stripes as well. Broncos and Bengals look like elephant tusks.

10 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

At least the Falcons are the less egregious of the bunch. The Panthers have a weird thing going with their pants stripes as well. Broncos and Bengals look like elephant tusks.

I'm not sure what you mean, it's just a tapered stripe. They don't even have the logo on the pants anymore.

the user formerly known as cdclt

22 minutes ago, QCS said:

I'm not sure what you mean, it's just a tapered stripe. They don't even have the logo on the pants anymore.

I never mentioned anything about a logo. The Jets and Falcons have a sharp, thin stripe.. but the Broncos and Bengals stripe curve at the knee, thus giving a look of elephant tusks...broncosgiantsJPL_7694_A.jpgusa-today-8181377.0.jpg

As for the Panthers...I was referring to their inconsistent pants stripes. Some are more sharp than others towards the bottom. I can't get them all in one picture Screen+Shot+2019-08-11+at+8.14.14+AM.png

That's true. For whatever reason, the stripe's curve isn't always consistent, which is probably because of differing pants sizes and equipment. I agree with you on the Bengals and Broncos, but I still don't think it looks good on the Falcons. I'd rather have seen a Jets-style pointy sleeve stripe if they were determined to go with that, but funnily enough, the Falcons are a team I think could pull off swooping stripes quite well because of the diving nature of a falcon and the curves of the wings of the old logo.

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I saw this Photoshop by @ schapdesign on Instagram, and I’ve got to say, if the uniforms turn out anything like this in real life, I wouldn’t be disappointed in the slightest:

BNpxOZh.jpg
Granted, this is the best possible combination, and they likely won’t wear it that often...

The only combo I really don’t like is the all-white. However, even that isn’t all that bad:

0KhQ0FD.jpg

I’d even dare to say I like the all-black combo, including the matte helmet (hopefully it’s this dark in real life; this one was done by @ swapscenter on Instagram):

FD1GbrV.jpg

Even though this set isn’t as great as it could be, I’m not nearly as disappointed in it as I was at the reveal. It messes up the little details, but from a distance it’s mostly a simple look. 

The only part of the redesign I really like is that they went back to black jerseys. I'm not sure if I like the matte helmet yet. I hate the numbers and I am not a fan of the pants. They  should have gone back to the Dion/1st gen Vick uni's

On 6/5/2020 at 9:32 AM, Bluefalcon said:

And that's the problem, and why we wind up with dumpster fires like these new Falcons uniforms. Players shouldn't have any say in the uniform, especially considering the average career is only 4 years, and most players wind up playing for more than one team during their career.

It's the FANS who should have input, and it's quite clear that the new/old Buccaneers and Browns uniforms came about because they listened to the fans and undid their ridiculous player-sanctioned uniforms. I suspect we'll see the same with the Falcons and Rams in 2025.

What is it with players wanting to be dressed head to toe in one color? There's nothing unique about it if everybody is doing it, and if anything it is bad for branding. Maybe that's why the Yankees haven't changed anything since 1927...

Uniforms more than ever ARE a teams identity. Changing every 5 years or having 90 different uniforms(looking at you NBA) is just a jab at the fans but most of all, a money grab. With free agency, players shouldn't be able to have a say in the uniform design. Some teams haven't changed their uniforms much in all of their history, but some teams just seem to do it just to do it. All team ownership has to do is look in the crowd at their home games and see what jerseys are worn most. Since we are in the football thread, I'll blame the 1997 Broncos for screwing everything up.:angered:

9 hours ago, O.C.D said:

The only part of the redesign I really like is that they went back to black jerseys. I'm not sure if I like the matte helmet yet. I hate the numbers and I am not a fan of the pants. They  should have gone back to the Dion/1st gen Vick uni's

Satin, bro...😁

On 6/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, DouglasQuaid said:

From a uniform design standpoint, Im just so tired of seeing pointy pant stripes. (Jets, Falcons, Bengals, Broncos).

I think they work pretty well for the Broncos and Jets, myself. 

On 6/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, MJD7 said:

BNpxOZh.jpg

That actually looks really good.  Problem is, they will roll out white socks with that jersey and pants every damn time!

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

That actually looks really good.  Problem is, they will roll out white socks with that jersey and pants every damn time!

Only with those pants. I doubt they’ll wear the white pants with the black jersey. They seem very set on usually wearing pajamas when they aren’t wearing the gradient or the throwback. 

I’m just gonna say this for the umpteenth time in these forums: the 1997-2002 look was phenomenal. Every change since then has been them tripping over their own feet. 

The side and pants stripes would have worked much better had they met at a point at the waist, which would have eliminated mismatch issues and the strange 'bulge'.

Woulda worked even better if there was no jersey side stripe, but that's a whole other argument.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived