College Football 2020

Kevin W.

14 hours ago, Midway said:

Simplify if you must but it would be a great waste to ditch the racing stripes instead of owning them. 

14 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The biggest issue with the entire set is the double stripes on the jerseys but single stripes on the pants

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

If they keep the stripes then adidas needs to make different pants that work with every combo. 

Shameless plug as it is, but why couldn't Adidas and aTm do something like this: 

fxFQbPw.png

-Add stripe to helmet to match pant stripe

-remove all traces of the bevels from helmet logos, numbers, pant logos. 

Now there's some level of harmony between all parts of the uniforms (ignore the socks and cleats, that's a holdover from my 72 project). 

• Like 6

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Shameless plug as it is, but why couldn't Adidas and aTm do something like this: 

fxFQbPw.png

Now there's some level of harmony between all parts of the uniforms (ignore the socks and cleats, that's a holdover from my 72 project). 

Change the facemask to maroon or white and you have a great looking uniform. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

4 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

fxFQbPw.png

They don't need a fat helmet stripe. A&M has never really had a helmet stripe either, so I'd say just for the sake of tradition to keep it off. Also def white facemask (not that grey isn't a good option, but white works).

• Like 10

21 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

fxFQbPw.png

Solid looking uniform, but if i recall correctly, Adidas came out with these around the same timeframe they came out with Miss State's "banner"-stripe uniforms.. MSU's single, wide, banner-style stripe looked very similar to what you created here, which is likely why they gave a&m the double-stripe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Solid looking uniform, but if i recall correctly, Adidas came out with these around the same timeframe they came out with Miss State's "banner"-stripe uniforms.. MSU's single, wide, banner-style stripe looked very similar to what you created here, which is likely why they gave a&m the double-stripe

A&M's jersey is a throwback design. Adidas ran out a design for Mississippi State that was supposed to show off a new pattern. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

A&M's jersey is a throwback design. Adidas ran out a design for Mississippi State that was supposed to show off a new pattern. 

What pattern are you talking about? 

Mississippi State's 2012 uniforms didn't have any "pattern" (I'm assuming you're talking about Adidas's TechFit Shockweb jersey template, which MSU didn't use)..

The point is that Miss State's uniforms had a single, wide racing stripe down each shoulder and leg, while a&m's jersey had two racing stripes down each shoulder/sleeve, but a single stripe down each leg..

Also worth noting, the original a&m uniforms they were throwing back to (mid 70's), had the double stripe on the pants to match the jerseys, which they should've done beginning in 2012, instead of using pants similar to Miss State.. the last thing they need to do is adopt Miss State's old look by going with a single, wide stripe across all uniform elements.. keep the double shoulder/sleeve racing stripe and use a double stripe on the pants to match.

11 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

What pattern are you talking about? 

Mississippi State's 2012 uniforms didn't have any "pattern" (I'm assuming you're talking about Adidas's TechFit Shockweb jersey template, which MSU didn't use)..

The point is that Miss State's uniforms had a single, wide racing stripe down each shoulder and leg, while a&m's jersey had two racing stripes down each shoulder/sleeve, but a single stripe down each leg..

Also worth noting, the original a&m uniforms they were throwing back to (mid 70's), had the double stripe on the pants to match the jerseys, which they should've done beginning in 2012, instead of using pants similar to Miss State.. the last thing they need to do is adopt Miss State's old look by going with a single, wide stripe across all uniform elements.. keep the double shoulder/sleeve racing stripe and use a double stripe on the pants to match.

I meant the single stripe pattern. A&M needs to keep their stripes or they'll look like Alabama and Arkansas. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I meant the single stripe pattern. A&M needs to keep their stripes or they'll look like Alabama and Arkansas. 

Their maroon is so dark that i doubt that would ever happen, especially with how thin Bama’s stripes are and with the marching racing stripes on the shoulder/sleeve.. it’s unmistakably a&m

13 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Both Miss. State and aTm got new Adidas uniforms for 2012-2013. That was the banner design for Miss. State and the racing stripe look for aTm. @MJWalker45 is correct in that aTm's design is basically a throwback, in this case to the 70's

Texas A&M Releases New Adidas Uniforms, Inspired By 1970's Look ...

Mississippi State unveiled their DWS-100 year anniversary uniforms 2 seasons later and by then those became the full time uniforms and the banner stripe was history. With that being the case, I don't think there would be any issue with adding a stripe to the Aggies' helmets. Maybe to aTm uniform purists maybe. 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

41 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Both Miss. State and aTm got new Adidas uniforms for 2012-2013. That was the banner design for Miss. State and the racing stripe look for aTm. @MJWalker45 is correct in that aTm's design is basically a throwback, in this case to the 70's

Texas A&M Releases New Adidas Uniforms, Inspired By 1970's Look ...

Mississippi State unveiled their DWS-100 year anniversary uniforms 2 seasons later and by then those became the full time uniforms and the banner stripe was history. With that being the case, I don't think there would be any issue with adding a stripe to the Aggies' helmets. Maybe to aTm uniform purists maybe. 

I know.  It was a throwback to mid-70's.. except they got the pants wrong.. the pants worn in the mid-70's were either plain or had the double stripes matching the jerseys (and helmets at one point).. so if they want stripes on the pants and/or helmet, they should use the same double stripe featured on the jerseys, instead of ripping off the old Miss State look and being historically inaccurate.. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I know.  It was a throwback to mid-70's.. except they got the pants wrong.. the pants worn in the mid-70's were either plain or had the double stripes matching the jerseys (and helmets at one point).. so if they want stripes on the pants and/or helmet, they should use the same double stripe featured on the jerseys, instead of ripping off the old Miss State look and being historically inaccurate.. 

spacer.png

I can’t believe I’ve never seen this before... that is an INCREDIBLE jersey holy fuego 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, WavePunter said:

spacer.png

I have never liked racing stripes, generally, be that in football or baseball. This is the first picture I've seen to convince me that it could look OK. The consistency between the different elements on stripe width and spacing makes this a good look. Going this route, Texas A&M could distinguish themselves from the myriad other some-shade-of-red and white schools across the South.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, colinturner95 said:

Texas A&M vs. Texas State score: Aggies roll Bobcats 41-7 - Team ...

There aren't, just on the numbers.  But to add to the problem of bevel vs no bevel, the pants logo features the beveled aTm on the state logo. 

off topic, but Texas State... WTH with those sublimated washed out unis??? stroke weight on that helmet logo and just wow. 

Im torn on the Aggie unis, and I was married to a red ass Aggie for a decade, but that fan base is just so hard up to be UT its almost sad. They are constantly reaching to top their underperforming rival in Austin. This leads to going away from what was one of the classic looks in college football, to this. 

And Texas Tech did the bevel well. So much better than that Aggie light TT they used before. 

15 hours ago, WavePunter said:

spacer.png

Interestingly, Mississippi State also wore very similar jerseys, but in the mid 80s (1984 and 1985 to be exact). Emory Bellard was the head coach of both those mid-70s A&M and mid-80s MSU teams, clearly he liked the style.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

Interestingly, Mississippi State also wore very similar jerseys, but in the mid 80s (1984 and 1985 to be exact). Emory Bellard was the head coach of both those mid-70s A&M and mid-80s MSU teams, clearly he liked the style.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I wonder, is that possibly where they got some inspiration for the banner uniforms? Took the racing stripe idea and made it their own since Texas A&M got similar uniforms in the same year? 

AmPJ0Ty.png