Jump to content

What is the worst sports month of the year?


johnnysama
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

As an MLS fan, I'd say that the worst thing about that league's "All-Star Game" is the game. I absolutely do not want to see a league XI against a major club team; I want to see a game between stars of MLS, East vs. West. Friendlies involving big clubs are very nice; but the MLS All-Star Game should be a celebration of MLS.

 

And they have to have days off after the All-Star Game, no matter the format. A full slate of games immediately afterward would keep the best players out of those games; or else it would make those players unwilling to play in the All-Star Game, thereby terribly undermining it.

 

I meant that MLS should take advantage of the open days that follow MLB's All-Star Game, sorry to be unclear.

 

I know there are generally issues with midweek games and I don't like them much myself, but it's a rare opportunity for MLS to be the top sport on the calendar, but the league doesn't seem to see any advantage to it.

 

The MLS All-Star Game is one I care about even less than baseball's, somehow. It seems to exist for its own sake at best, and for some faulty attempt at leaguewide legitimacy at worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Digby said:

 

I meant that MLS should take advantage of the open days that follow MLB's All-Star Game, sorry to be unclear.

 

I know there are generally issues with midweek games and I don't like them much myself, but it's a rare opportunity for MLS to be the top sport on the calendar, but the league doesn't seem to see any advantage to it.

 

The MLS All-Star Game is one I care about even less than baseball's, somehow. It seems to exist for its own sake at best, and for some faulty attempt at leaguewide legitimacy at worst.

I hate midweek games, and dream of a schedule that doesnt include them.

 

However, seems to be a necessary evil and as long as they are necessary I agree with you. Schedule them for the MLB break

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, JayMac said:

This does feel a bit like July on the sports calendar but multiplied by 10. ESPN should be rolling out a marathon of 30 for 30 episodes as well as classic games for all the leagues.

 

If NFL Free Agency goes on as scheduled ESPN will devote at least 23 hours each day for a week on Tom Brady.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, sportsfan7 said:

This March doesn't seem to great so far

 

For someone like me, who just finds college basketball to be an annoyance more than anything, this isn’t really that different from most years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

For someone like me, who just finds college basketball to be an annoyance more than anything, this isn’t really that different from most years.

 

I'll keep an eye on the first weekend of March Madness just to see the upsets, but I lose interest after that. I enjoy watching ST baseball (feel free to ridicule me for that one) so I'll miss that, but the real killer for me is no NASCAR. (and feel free to ridicule me some more B)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

This does feel a bit like July on the sports calendar but multiplied by 10. ESPN should be rolling out a marathon of 30 for 30 episodes as well as classic games for all the leagues.

that would be good for ESPN (the ones they can get) show show old games.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

 

For someone like me, who just finds college basketball to be an annoyance more than anything, this isn’t really that different from most years.

The first round is fun for upsets. I then let it go until the Final Four and I'll tune in for the last 5 minutes if the Natty ends up being a competitive game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2020 at 5:53 PM, infrared41 said:

 

I'll keep an eye on the first weekend of March Madness just to see the upsets, but I lose interest after that. I enjoy watching ST baseball (feel free to ridicule me for that one) so I'll miss that, but the real killer for me is no NASCAR. (and feel free to ridicule me some more B)

A bunch of the drivers are streaming an online race today. Even dale jr is “racing” in it. Kinda cool actually, it could possibly be the future with how environmentally conscious we are getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.