Jump to content

Patriots Unveil New Uniforms


Wentz2Jeffery
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everyone around here that knows anything to do with the teams merchandise(pro shop people) say helmets are remaining silver because they all believe the Bledsoe era jerseys are coming back as a throwback. With the league likely to allow a second helmet next year would allow for a pat patriot throwback and no need to change helmet to white to make it work this year. Sounds very similar to what the Bucs were hoping for in terms of throwbacks for next year. 

But who knows ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

 

I don't get it as a fan in the stands, because the giant numbers on the front and back probably render the TV numbers moot.

 

They're mostly important now just from a photo perspective.  If there's a still image of a pile, the TV numbers can help identify the players... though in the era of HD and 2,000 mega pixels, it's probably not truly necessary.

I feel like Hulk Hogan just no-sold my move.

Maybe it wasn't clear, but I wasn't offering a hypothetical on this one. Me, as a fan sitting in the stands, uses the TV numbers often to identify players because they are more visible in a scrum than are either the front or back numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must say, I somehow missed the shrinking of the Panthers' TV numbers. After a long comb-through of game photos I have laughingly decided that TV numbers are no longer necessary. If the Panthers' numbers are acceptable then TV numbers obviously serve no purpose any longer. I dare anyone to tell me they sit in the stands and tell the Panthers apart by their TV numbers.

How the size of these numbers evaded me for so long I'll never know. The year numbers in the anniversary patch are bigger then the TV numbers!

 1185300261-850x560.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TV Numbers shouldn't be a requirement at all, as cases like the Panthers prove that they've grown obsolete. If there is ample space then use them by all means, but teams like the Patriots shouldn't be forced to choose between a logo or stripes for their sleeves just to incorporate an element like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eRay said:

I must say, I somehow missed the shrinking of the Panthers' TV numbers. After a long comb-through of game photos I have laughingly decided that TV numbers are no longer necessary. If the Panthers' numbers are acceptable then TV numbers obviously serve no purpose any longer. I dare anyone to tell me they sit in the stands and tell the Panthers apart by their TV numbers.

How the size of these numbers evaded me for so long I'll never know. The year numbers in the anniversary patch are bigger then the TV numbers!

 1185300261-850x560.jpeg

It happened last year when they switched uniform templates. They weren't all shrunken on the previous Nike template.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Item 3. Numerals. Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the color of the jersey. Smaller numerals should be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms of the jersey. Small numerals on the back of the helmet or on the uniform pants are optional.

This is from the 2019 NFL rulebook. It looks like TV numbers are officially optional; I think they should be mandatory at 4" and I'd up the uniform numbers front and back to 10".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Everyone around here that knows anything to do with the teams merchandise(pro shop people) say helmets are remaining silver because they all believe the Bledsoe era jerseys are coming back as a throwback. With the league likely to allow a second helmet next year would allow for a pat patriot throwback and no need to change helmet to white to make it work this year. Sounds very similar to what the Bucs were hoping for in terms of throwbacks for next year. 

But who knows ???

 

Seems like everyone thinks they're coming back because of Edelman's IG post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Everyone around here that knows anything to do with the teams merchandise(pro shop people) say helmets are remaining silver because they all believe the Bledsoe era jerseys are coming back as a throwback. With the league likely to allow a second helmet next year would allow for a pat patriot throwback and no need to change helmet to white to make it work this year. Sounds very similar to what the Bucs were hoping for in terms of throwbacks for next year. 

But who knows ???

 

Two throwbacks then? 

 

Every throwback goes for five years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, willmorris said:

This is from the 2019 NFL rulebook. It looks like TV numbers are officially optional; I think they should be mandatory at 4" and I'd up the uniform numbers front and back to 10".

Except, as mentioned upthread, should in legal documents is a requirement, not an option. Had it said 'smaller numbers may be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms', then they would be optional.

The NFL Rulebook, however, doesn't make such a distinction, however. It is silent on the subject.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

I don’t think you have to keep a throwback for 5 years. If NFL were to allow for two helmets next year they would go with Pat Patriot throwback and kick the Bledsoe era throwback to the curb. I could be wrong but that would be the logic. 

 

We haven’t seen many one year throwbacks since Nike took over, if at all. 

 

Pretty sure they’re part of the five year plan too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.