Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I’m really glad the Patriots were the ones to change from the template they and the Texans share. New England was the prototype from 2001 and Houston perfected it for 2002. It works way better for the Texans anyway. 

I've never thought of them as using the same template, but they are similar when you take away the side panels. With uniforms getting tighter the Patriots and Panthers shoulders and sleeves have suffered as a result. The Panthers shrank shoulder numbers and the Patriots sleeve insert has shrunken. If they go with a design based off the Color Rush will they end up shrinking the numbers too, or will they sit on the shoulder loops?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I've never thought of them as using the same template, but they are similar when you take away the side panels. With uniforms getting tighter the Patriots and Panthers shoulders and sleeves have suffered as a result. The Panthers shrank shoulder numbers and the Patriots sleeve insert has shrunken. If they go with a design based off the Color Rush will they end up shrinking the numbers too, or will they sit on the shoulder loops?

I’d like to see NE opt for two sleeve stripes instead of three. That way there’s at least a little bit more room for the numbers. I don’t think you’d lose much out of the overall design that way

9 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm not normally a fan of the white helmet Texans, but with the thick navy stripe it and just enough red it looks really sharp.

Eh it’s not bad but I think the navy works better. Titans on the other hand, need to go back to white.

23 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Looks to me like the red facemask is staying, thank goodness. Or it's just weird lighting.

As for the new uniforms, I hope they do switch to red as the primary so that it would force the Bills to ditch their color rush abominations. 

Anyone else seeing a silver facemask? I cranked up the saturation and am not seeing much red come out outside of the tinted visor. 

DuUTuBq.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

8 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Feels like we should brace for every Patriot's TV numbers to get the Edelman shrink-ray treatment.

I5H334TAMQI6HH6YTDMT4ADYLM.jpg

EFECMR5OMVFQHL26M6RAQFF32M.jpg

I think perhaps part of the issue here is that he switched from skill sleeves to lineman sleeves.. also the switch to the VU template could be contributing as well

Interesting wording in the 2019 Rule Book. The word "should" is viewed as non-mandatory (as opposed to shall or must). Emphasis mine.

Item 3. Numerals. Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the color of the jersey. Smaller numerals should be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms of the jersey. Small numerals on the back of the helmet or on the uniform pants are optional.

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Interesting wording in the 2019 Rule Book. The word "should" is viewed as non-mandatory (as opposed to shall or must). Emphasis mine.

Item 3. Numerals. Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the color of the jersey. Smaller numerals should be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms of the jersey. Small numerals on the back of the helmet or on the uniform pants are optional.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd read that the same way, since in the next sentence they use the word optional when describing numbers that are actually, well, optional.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd read that the same way, since in the next sentence they use the word optional when describing numbers that are actually, well, optional.

Understood. I'm coming at my word usage based on how I read words in government documents. I was of the impression that TV Numbers were required - just repeating what seems to be a loophole.

It's where I sit.

The Colour Rush Pats jerseys didn't have tv numbers, but the Browns' CR option apparently had to have them as per a NFL mandate. My guess is that the NFL took a looser approach to regulations when it came to CR uniforms up until about a year ago or so before deciding to enforce the rules as written. Makes the most sense.

Now if the Pats' new unis- which are supposed to be based off of the CR design- just don't have tv numbers? Then we know the NFL either 1) blatantly favours the Patriots or 2) just likes :censored: ing with the Browns. Probably both.

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

How necessary are TV numbers on football jerseys anyways?

For reference, only 5/9 CFL teams have TV numbers on their home/roads.

You know this is pretty valid. I get why they were around and for the most part it’s an easier way to identify a player but with Alabama and other teams not using them and not seeming to have a problem, I think as long the numbers on the front are legible tv numbers shouldn’t be needed

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

How necessary are TV numbers on football jerseys anyways?

For reference, only 5/9 CFL teams have TV numbers on their home/roads.

They aren't mandatory in high school or college either.

Maybe the NFL is changing the rules and the website isn't updated. It's not like something like that would be newsworthy to most people

Archived