Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Froob said:

I’m surprised people don’t like it. Long as they don’t oversize like Atlanta did.

Yeah Atlanta and the former Cleveland jerseys were a bit excessive and more collegiate...

54 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hope there's something unexpected.  Logo on the sleeve, 3 bar UCLA stripes, plus TV numbers on the shoulder?  That's a packed mess.

What am I missing here. Why do people think there will be UCLA stripes AND TV numbers? 

They’re obviously not going to do this. Look at the existing color rush. They don’t have TV numbers. Why would they introduce that here?

Edit: Ah ok my mistake. Man that’s gonna look bad. 

4 minutes ago, Jdmorris1124 said:

What am I missing here. Why do people think there will be UCLA stripes AND TV numbers? 

They’re obviously not going to do this. Look at the existing color rush. They don’t have TV numbers. Why would they introduce that here?

Because I'm pretty sure they have to.  You can get away with no TV numbers on throwbacks or Color Rush uniforms that are loosely based on a throwback (As NE's was) but primary uniforms have TV numbers.

Any new jerseys introduced are required to have TV numbers. The exception comes if it is a throwback, and the jersey being thrown back to did not have TV numbers. 

In the recent Browns radio show where they talked to JW Johnson, they mentioned that the Browns actually wanted their new brown alts to be sans-tv number, but they weren't allowed. 

It is odd that the Patriots' color rush jerseys didn't have them. Were those somehow classified as a throwback? They weren't. But it'd be a major exception were their new primary uni set to be without TV numbers. 

3 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

A quick photo manipulation shows a couple things: Flying Elvis on the sleeve, shoulder stripes, and a similar number typeface.
spacer.png

So I've examined this through polarized sunglasses in the post-blizzard Wyoming sun and I got some takeaways, so here's what I think I'm seeing...

- Same block numbers as the outgoing set, but RED base with navy trim and lower-left drop shadow, a la the '96-'01 sets (that would be something borrowed, along with the UCLA of the original Boston Patriots days)

- RED pants...can't quite catch the pants stripe though (that along with the red base numbers would fit "something red"--which I find odd they began with, but maybe, just maybe, a subtle hint at a return to red-primary status)

- It's tough to tell, but is it possible that might actually be a WHITE helmet?? (But of course white and silver are too close to call under all that distortion.)

- Much hubbub has been made of the possible return of said '94'-'01 sets as an alternate--but if that helmet isn't silver I don't see how that happens. You think they might throw us a Clayton Kershaw 12-6 curveball and debut a '94-'01-esque all-royal-blue color rush??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm guessing they're being more vague about these definitions and won't actually be bringing back jerseys that we all want just because we decided in this thread that we want them.

Something old:  Helmet staying the same.

Something new:  White jersey design changes to CR look.

Something borrowed: Navy CR design becomes new home look.

Something blue: New CR design in navy and silver with a navy facemask.

17 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Prediction based off of the released video...
zoYDHUy.png

And IF they went with a red alternate/new color rush...

6rZNXJx.png

Still not sure how TV numbers fit into that shoulder. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

This is a great opportunity to get rid of that wordmark and release a better one...don’t know if they’ll do it, but I really hope so.

See the wordmark they have now is better than what they had for the last 20+ years.  The cursive one never did it for me to be honest.

Logos as the comparison.
JghEkY7.jpg

LocE2O9.jpg

7 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

See the wordmark they have now is better than what they had for the last 20+ years.  The cursive one never did it for me to be honest.

Logos as the comparison.

LocE2O9.jpg

Still not sure why the A and the S have no spike on them. 

I fell in love with the cursive script when it debuted in '93 and it looked great in the endzones. I think the new one doesn't capture anything about the team. 

11 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Logos as the comparison.
JghEkY7.jpg

LocE2O9.jpg

Eh, I personally disagree. There’s a lot of things about the current word mark that bother me. The “tails”, if you will, on the bottom of the “A” and the “T” look very tacky and thrown on. I get the intended function - to round out the arch - but ultimately they aren’t necessary as the arch is still plenty visible without them. Every letter is spiked at the center exept the “A” and “S”, and if that feature doesn’t function across the board, it’s probably not worth using (the Angels show there’s ways to make it work). Flying Elvis is just tacked on there, for what reason? It does nothing to me but clutter a wordmark that’s already trying a bit too hard with unnecessary frills like the spikes and “arch rounding tails” (don’t know what else to call them 😛 ).

The old one isn’t perfect, but it doesn’t bother me near as much as the current. I’d pick it over the current any day (but would still be totally fine with them trying something else that’s better).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Just realized another thing I hope gets fixed -- the silver outline on the numbers has always made the sets look mismatched, since it creates a gradient effect on the navy homes but a separated outline effect on the white aways. I'd be fine with deleting the silver layer entirely, but if not, at least swap the silver and red outlines on the white jerseys.

As for the wordmarks, I hate them both.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 minutes ago, Digby said:

Just realized another thing I hope gets fixed -- the silver outline on the numbers has always made the sets look mismatched, since it creates a gradient effect on the navy homes but a separated outline effect on the white aways. I'd be fine with deleting the silver layer entirely, but if not, at least swap the silver and red outlines on the white jerseys.

As for the wordmarks, I hate them both.

There was no silver outline on the numbers of the white jersey. Always white and red outlines of navy numerals. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter thinks Tom Brady is 'setting up' to leave ...

I never thought the home numbers had a gradient, but YMMV. 

Tom Brady's Patriots career may be over after playoff loss to ...

37 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Logos as the comparison.
JghEkY7.jpg

LocE2O9.jpg

I’m gonna use the same argument I used for the new Colts script logo. The current script looks just like every other “modern” script logo. Super boring compared to the cursive. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived