Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Everyone needs to just chill out. It's 2017. It's not set in stone what is in store for 2019, it's just that right now the team is trying their best to follow NFL rules and get rid of it's St. Louis identity so that means it's navy and white branding. If anyone is to blame right now it's the NFL for their stupid rules.

At the very least, there's 2 guaranteed throwback games for 2017 and 2018 and don't forget about Color Rush, so that's 5-6 games over the next two seasons with blue and yellow. That works for me right now.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Option A should be winning in a landslide, but it's only ahead 51-49 right now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, not exactly a landslide.  

IMG_1398.PNG

But I guess that's to be expected when you ask people to choose between two essentially interchangeable options.  We're not talking gold pants v. white, but two white pants with differences so minor many fans won't even notice the difference until it's pointed out to them.

Maybe it would help if the Rams showed people too young to remember the Fearsome Foursome (and, for the record, I'm 49 and I barely remember the white horns) the significance of the single stripe.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'm disappointed to see the Rams moving towards navy and white.  It is a clean look and I would agree it may better than what they have now, but I was rooting for a return to royal blue and gold (yellow).  To me, this is the Rams.  Especially the LA Rams

54d446151e63f_-_rams1999jerseys-620.jpg

I'm am starting to think we will definitely see a blue/white look in 2019, and this will continue to be the alts to be worn X2 a season. 

16 hours ago, bowld said:

Voted A. Have to assume they will also be using white horns on their helmet.

Quick and dirty mockup-

rams-seahawks-football-todd-gurley_pg_600-1.jpg

Great example of how out of place the gold looks. Remove it and it's a solid look. Keep it and it looks like what it is, a mismatched collection of various uniform parts. And this is a billion dollar industry? 

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

You're joking, right? This is much cleaner by getting rid of that nasty gold and helps differentiate the St. Louis' iteration of this logo versus the Los Angeles' logo.

Although, if they don't add athletic gold in 2019, I'll be rather unhappy. 

If they kept the gold, it looks fine. To me I don't like just the navy and white combo. I agree with you and i hoping they switch to the athletic gold in 2019.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Just now, the admiral said:

Should have ripped the band-aid off and gone right back to the classic colors. What a mess.

I agree. It really makes me question the competence of the management team. Not well run in the slightest. LA has 2 poorly run NFL organizations. Crazy.

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, not exactly a landslide.  

IMG_1398.PNG

But I guess that's to be expected when you ask people to choose between two essentially interchangeable options.  We're not talking gold pants v. white, but two white pants with differences so minor many fans won't even notice the difference until it's pointed out to them.

The results were much bigger on Facebook. 

Rams Facebook.PNG

spacer.png

I knew there's a reason I use Facebook more than Twitter . . . besides being old.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Great example of how out of place the gold looks. Remove it and it's a solid look. Keep it and it looks like what it is, a mismatched collection of various uniform parts. And this is a billion dollar industry? 

rams-seahawks-football-todd-gurley_pg_600-1.thumb.jpg.f0c7b320bbf14592bbd64d3f03020d20.jpg

You've got it all wrong, man. Seen here is "a hint of gold" on the jersey, according to the team. Barely noticeable.

Right? ...rrr...right guys?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

It really makes me question the competence of the management team.

This makes you question the competence of the Rams' management team?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

26 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Might have something to do with posting actual photos of the two options, as opposed to the simple descriptions on Twitter. 

Same pic is on Twitter. Weird that they won't show it with the full uniform. Crazy to make a decision based on how the pants by themselves look. 

Archived