Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

10 minutes ago, MTZehvor said:

It looks even weirder in real life.

ZvdbLR4.png

Assuming they stick with the look they had on that TNF game, the gold striping on the pants makes colors contrast even more. I can only imagine how awful this outfit will look with their standard home navy uniforms, which have essentially no white at all. At least with their road jerseys the white horns sort of compliment the majority of the jersey color.

Yeah, that game against the Seahawks was weird to watch but it was passable for it just being a one-off Color Rush game. Extending this to the rest of the season is probably a bad idea. You're right about the navy, it's going to look REALLY bad unless they somehow get to wear white for the entire season. Few teams have gone an entire season wearing all white in the last several years so I don't know.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Rams announce color rush helmets from 2016-17 season will now become primary helmets. Effective this upcoming season.

Now a poll is up to decide which facemask (blue or white) to use.

White. 

NYCdog.png

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I thought they officially changed their primary logo to the monochrome one this offseason, right? So either they will have to change the jersey to change the logo on the sleeves (and I guess still have the gold elsewhere for reasons?!?), or their jerseys will have a logo that they don't use anymore for the next two years? And Vegas gold that's not anywhere else on the uniform? I don't hate the navy/white, but whatever this is? Awful.

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

So I tried this look out on Madden with the potential new pants and I'm not sure what to think. This is going to be really weird.

QlOhN2e.png

I can't believe they'll end up like that. I hope they have a surprise on hands for the jerseys...

I haven't read through most of this thread because 94 pages is just so much. It seems like the eventual branding should be so simple. You go with the classic blue and yellow home and roads and use the blue and white as an alt/color rush. No way anybody could screw that up, right? 

I'm really hoping they atleast swap out the sleeve logos. At the very least try to coordinate in some fashion and not just half-ass it. If I were the rams, I would've just stayed with the gold and avoided a mismatching nightmare until 2019.

bSLCtu2.png

41 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm really hoping they atleast swap out the sleeve logos. At the very least try to coordinate in some fashion and not just half-ass it. If I were the rams, I would've just stayed with the gold and avoided a mismatching nightmare until 2019.

I would imagine switching the sleeve logos out wouldn't be against the rules. It's not changing the entire appearance of the jersey.

The Rams are really starting to piss me off with these half ass changes. Either change now, or keep all of the gold until 2019. Not this half and half BS. Navy and white everywhere with only the jersey still having gold is going to look so stupid.

I hate the Rams BS excuse about NFL rules not letting them change the jerseys. Yea they can't change now if they want to again in 2019 but they could easily change everything now if they wanted. The rule is 5 years, they've had this design for what? 15? (What year did they drop the side panels 03?) and even if you count the Nike takeover and addition of the neck roll collar as a new jersey it's still been 5 years since then.

I feel like they're going full Padres,

9 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I know I've been droning on about the Rams returning to their rightful colors (blue and yellow), but damn, those white horn helmets are awesome. There's just something about them that excludes class. If they just got rid of the little bit of gold on their jerseys, this would be a solid look. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the word you meant (try exudes instead), but I got one helluva laugh out of it.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen. I'd bet a decent amount the jerseys will be identical to last year's. There's no rule that says you have to correctly display your primary logo on your uniform... a few teams (Bears, Vikings) don't. However there is a rule that says you can't change your jersey without going through the proper channels, and making it (relatively) permanent.  Which is what they're doing... in 2019.  In the meantime, you'll see the same jersey you have been.

Remember, a few years back, the Patriots changed their official wordmark but left the old one on the jersey for a few years.  Obviously, the NFL didn't want any change to the jersey until the inventory turned over.

And if you think the Rams' all-white is going to look dumb, think how ridiculous it'll be when some white-at-home team forces them to wear the gold-heavy navy jersey with the navy and white helmet and pants.  Hilarious.

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's so obvious none of these changes are meant to stick.  No NFL team puts these decisions this directly into the hands of the fans, it's just not the way modern marketing works.  All this "here vote on this, then vote on that" stuff just feels so temporary.

Let's keep a positive attitude and hope these polls stick and they use these elements. I know this is not normal for the NFL teams to do, but at the same time, it may be the best way to market to your fan base in the future. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, nuordr said:

Let's keep a positive attitude and hope these polls stick and they use these elements. I know this is not normal for the NFL teams to do, but at the same time, it may be the best way to market to your fan base in the future. 

I'd have to say I disagree.  Letting the fans design your uniform, at least in most cases, is only one step above letting the players design the uniforms... and one look around college football will tell you how horrible that decision is.  Go back and read the fans' twitter reactions to the new Browns uniform... the average fan has atrocious taste.

Let's leave design to the professionals.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd have to say I disagree.  Letting the fans design your uniform, at least in most cases, is only one step above letting the players design the uniforms... and one look around college football will tell you how horrible that decision is.  Go back and read the fans' twitter reactions to the new Browns uniform... the average fan has atrocious taste.

Let's leave design to the professionals.

Maybe even below.

Yeah...the elements they are having votes on are not a big deal but I hope its indicative of all this being temporary until they can finally make the "full" change.

I'd prefer they just ride out the St. Louis look as long as they have to and then make the full change to (hopefully) blue/yellow at once.  The town-downed helmet and pants with the St. Louis jersey is going to look strange.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The NFL is causing this whole issue. The Rams are trying to throw a bone to embrace the LA part of the history while forcing the dated 2001 look to remain in some form.

You'd hope that logo patches would be considered similar to memorial/anniversary patches so those could at least be swapped out.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived