Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

16 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm becoming "that guy"...

Rams%20concept.jpg

This would be a great alt look for Michigan.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The abhorrent, regrettable coexistence with the Rams forces the Chargers into committing to either their powder blue set or navy blue. Anything with more yellow than white and that lovely intermediate shade of blue has to be out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They will be sharing the same stadium in two years, so it makes sense that they have similar color palettes.  doesn't make it good though, I wish they were different

That makes anything but sense. Why would you want a similar look to a competing brand in the same city? You want to differentiate yourself and stand out.

I'm personally hoping the Chargers go with a powder blue dominated look while the Rams go with a yellow dominant yellow/royal look.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Good point. so do they change the artwork in the stadium depending on who's playing?

Yes, everything can get changed out in I believe it is 2x 8 hour days but I assume it could be done faster if they needed too. Everything is either rotated or switched out completely. Here is a video somewhere that shows the whole process.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 12:43 AM, Teal said:

I’m still confused by this... aww they re-branding? What’s the deal. 

I for one highly doubt they'll drop the name. But, while nothing is confirmed, it would kind of make sense for them to make some changes to their look. It's from 2007, they're in a different city now, and they'll be moving into a new stadium soon. I would like to see them go to powder blue and yellow with navy as an accent-only color, which means that probably isn't what they will do. But overall, it wouldn't be shocking to see them switch up their threads within the next few years.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, MCM0313 said:

I for one highly doubt they'll drop the name. But, while nothing is confirmed, it would kind of make sense for them to make some changes to their look. It's from 2007, they're in a different city now, and they'll be moving into a new stadium soon. I would like to see them go to powder blue and yellow with navy as an accent-only color, which means that probably isn't what they will do. But overall, it wouldn't be shocking to see them switch up their threads within the next few years.

At this point I think they're going to go full powder blue when the new stadium opens, too many signs of them using that color combination across all of their media/promoting/merchandise and since the Rams are going with a rebrand it would make sense for them to make their own splash too.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, mafiaman said:

Can they adopt brown and yellow when they move back to San Diego so they can upstage the Padres?

The only way the Chargers will be accepted back in San Diego is if the Spanos family sells the team and no one associated with the family in any way is involved with the team in any way. That bridge is so burnt that there weren't even ashes left over.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, colortv said:

At this point I think they're going to go full powder blue when the new stadium opens, too many signs of them using that color combination across all of their media/promoting/merchandise and since the Rams are going with a rebrand it would make sense for them to make their own splash too.

If they go to powder blue, that would be even more of an insult to San Diego since they ignored the fans' desire to go to it full-time in San Diego yet they'll do it when they skip town.

:censored: you, Spanos.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived