Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 4/20/2019 at 5:36 PM, guest23 said:

I tend to agree here. This or it's immediate predecessor were the only ones that had a consistent bolt color treatment. Also did anyone else notice the dude on the left has his shoulder bolts backward? That was a fairly common occurrence back then where I'm guessing whomever was doing the screening on the shoulder inserts was not paying attention or could not tell the difference between left/right.

These were Reebok and were stitched tackle twill bolts.  During this era, the offensive line had a different bolt pattern on the shoulders for some reason.  They aren't backwards.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At best, the yellow is a fine alternate look. I don't want it as the primary.

The Los Angeles Rams are royal blue, then yellow.

631486110.0.jpg

*chef's kiss*

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

If I never see the painting of 80 and 40 in yellow Rams uniforms on this stupid board again as long as I live it'll still be too soon

We gotta accept that the Rams with yellow-gold jerseys would look a lot more like this than the painting:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtL1GFTT4W_fI_YXfbTpm

Oof.

Gold jerseys at home is a well-entrenched LA sports tradition. That's not to say I necessarily want it for the Rams more than something closer to the classic Anaheim jerseys. But I definitely see advantages to wearing gpld. I'd just hope they'd have the sense to wear blue pants if they tried it again.

21 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Gold jerseys at home is a well-entrenched LA sports tradition. That's not to say I necessarily want it for the Rams more than something closer to the classic Anaheim jerseys. But I definitely see advantages to wearing gpld. I'd just hope they'd have the sense to wear blue pants if they tried it again.

...for the Lakers. It's a well-entrenched LA sports tradition for the Lakers.

Besides the Lakers, the Kings are the only other LA team (pro/college or otherwise) to wear gold at home, and even then, they've worn white/black at home longer now than the gold or purple uniforms (21 years vs 31 years).

Yes, the LA Rams once upon a time had a yellow jersey in the main rotation for 13 years (not including the 1994 throwback and Color Rush). For the other 68 of the other 69 years (their inaugural season in Cleveland was red/black), blue has been the main uniform color.

The Rams' primary uniforms will NOT be yellow. I will guarantee this. Just because a few people keep posting the 80/40 painting hoping to wish it into existence does not make it any closer to happening. The fans have spoken with their game-day attire and decor and their wallets. The Los Angeles Rams will be Royal Blue with Yellow.

14 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

...for the Lakers. It's a well-entrenched LA sports tradition for the Lakers.

Besides the Lakers, the Kings are the only other LA team (pro/college or otherwise) to wear gold at home, and even then, they've worn white/black at home longer now than the gold or purple uniforms (21 years vs 31 years).

Yes, the LA Rams once upon a time had a yellow jersey in the main rotation for 13 years (not including the 1994 throwback and Color Rush). For the other 68 of the other 69 years (their inaugural season in Cleveland was red/black), blue has been the main uniform color.

Are we not counting college basketball? Because USC and Long Beach have frequently worn gold at home since the 80s.

Either way, I'm not sure why you're so intent on explaining away why gold at home isn't really an LA thing. Even if "only" the Lakers do it, then "only" LA's most historically visible pro sports entity... the one most closely associated with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood... does it.

Also, you dismiss the Kings history of wearing gold at home. But they did it for the first 20 years of their existence, and still kept the gold and purple colors for longer than anything they've used since.

I know the Rams are gonna wear blue at home for the forseeable future. But isn't a good portion of what we do here a bunch of "What ifs?" What's to say if they do introduce a gold alt, it won't become so beloved that they eventually "promote" it the way the Chargers did with their powder blues.

Conversely, maybe it really doesn't look as good as the 80/40 picture or however else people imagine it. All I'm saying is that if the Rams wanted to do gold at home, I have no doubt they could pull it off.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

We gotta accept that the Rams with yellow-gold jerseys would look a lot more like this than the painting:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtL1GFTT4W_fI_YXfbTpm

Oof.

But... We have actual photos of what the Rams would look like in yellow jerseys. And they look nothing like those Saints uniforms at all.

501810462.0.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

At best, the yellow is a fine alternate look. I don't want it as the primary.

The Los Angeles Rams are royal blue, then yellow.

631486110.0.jpg

*chef's kiss*

Love the colors, but that pants stripe clashes with the helmet and jersey. 

28 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah. Those are not as good as some of you want them to be.

For the life of me, I actually can't think of a PRIMARY yellow football (pro or college) uniform that's good. I actually can't even think of many yellow alternates that are all that great.

Again, I think yellow is a perfectly *fine* alternate look for the Rams, but it should not be the primary.

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Yeah. Those are not as good as some of you want them to be.

For the life of me, I actually can't think of a PRIMARY yellow football (pro or college) uniform that's good. I actually can't even think of many yellow alternates that are all that great.

Again, I think yellow is a perfectly *fine* alternate look for the Rams, but it should not be the primary.

Well obviously we'd be hoping for a uniform design that would look better than that, which looks like a pee-wee league uniform.

The color rush jerseys look better than those.

I like a yellow dominant re-brand for the following reasons:

1. It's unique to the NFL, whereas a blue dominated uniform is pretty common.

2. It would be a "fresh" re-start for this new era of LA Rams football

3. It's flashy and befitting of the LA market.

Rams would look great in a yellow dominant scheme

7-st-louis-rams-uniform-joe-hamilton.jpg

LA-Rams-logo-and-wordmark-Flag-3x5-FT-15

Rams-2.jpg

DsaZTAOUUAAnK9L.jpg

Dpwf5-2U4AEyyU5.jpg

DsZfavrUUAAGA48?format=jpg

DsZfavrU4AAwr-H?format=jpg

Personally I wouldn’t mind a yellow (gold?) alternate either. All I’m saying is at least EXPLORE the option. I know many hate the color rush look. Just TRY to pair that jersey with the white (or even blue) pants and the proper color accessories to gauge an ACTUAL reaction.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I think a yellow or gold alternate is fine. I actually like the Color Rush jersey as the alt (Not the full uniform, but the jersey)

I just think as a primary, the Rams should be royal blue first.

19 hours ago, colortv said:

1. It's unique to the NFL, whereas a blue dominated uniform is pretty common.

Unique doesn't always equate to good.

2. It would be a "fresh" re-start for this new era of LA Rams football

Do LA fans want the Rams to have a "fresh re-start" though? Or do they want the LA Rams to look like the LA Rams? The crowd shots seem to indicate the latter rather than the former.

3. It's flashy and befitting of the LA market.

Why? The Lakers? Yellow isn't a LA thing, it's a Lakers thing. Just like pinstripes aren't a New York thing, they're a Yankee thing. The only other LA team to embrace yellow/gold were the Kings, and they were just riding the Lakers' coattails. And they've been without yellow/gold longer than they've used yellow/gold.

The Lakers don't even own the idea of a yellow/gold primary jersey. The Nashville Predators, Golden State Warriors, Boston Bruins, and Vancouver Canucks have all used them at points in their history. So it's not even like a yellow/gold primary is uniquely LA. It's not even uniquely the Lakers.

A yellow/gold alternate would work wonderfully for the Rams. It really would. I just don't see it working as a primary. The fanbase seems to prefer the royal blue-dominant look. If the Rams were smart? That's what they'll lead with with their new uniform set.

Maybe the Chargers should experiment with yellow if the Rams don’t roll with it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/23/2019 at 11:02 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe the Chargers should experiment with yellow if the Rams don’t roll with it. 

Yellow with powder blue numbers?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived