Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Yeah, I don't understand this sentiment. Opinions are always opinions, but they're also usually presented by whomever is uttering it as fact. It's the whole nature of "argument." This is a debate, and you make your case for something with authority (and, yes, occasionally hyperbole.)

I can say the Rams uniforms are "objectively the worst in human history," but there's nothing objective about that statement. Just because someone presents it as fact doesn't mean it is — understanding that is sort of implied.  

It's kind of why message boards like this exist, though I'm sure if you dig hard enough there's a Reddit thread where everybody agrees all the time.

Well everybody knows that my opinions are entirely factual 110% of the time so you just can't argue with that.

I'm indifferent to the patch, horn segmentation, and material of the numbers.

Would I prefer the patch wasn't there? Sure.

Would I prefer the numbers were a different material more integrated with the uniform material? Sure, but I like the gradient design.

I'm not going to cry a river over a 4 inch patch and the number material when I'm watching a game and can barely notice them.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, tBBP said:

*snipped for space*

Well the rules of tincture actually don't apply (or aren't as strictly applied) when you quarter arms. Which most of your examples show. Quartering is when you include more than one armament on a shield, and such cases often do result in metals touching metals or colours touching colours. For that reasoning quartered arms are broadly seen as exempt from the rule of tincture.

The latter arms you use are all arms of the Catholic Church. Arms associated with the Church tend to disregard the rules of tincture because the Church was seen as representing G-d on Earth when these rules were solidified, and thus the church was exempt from the rules.

In short...the rules of tincture tended to be followed far more often than not, and you happened to find examples that were specifically exempt from them for one reason or another.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, Gothamite said:

Rules are made to be broken.

Rules can be broken, but if the result ends up looking bad then we know why.

11 hours ago, colortv said:

I think the bigger question is, if and what they change the logo to given the uproar over it.

That's weird, because I really haven't heard any uproar over the logo since the uniform was released. Seems to me everyone's shock over the gradients, bone uniforms, and horn split pushed any worry about the logo completely out of mind. I know I haven't given the logo much thought since summer.

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's weird, because I really haven't heard any uproar over the logo since the uniform was released. Seems to me everyone's shock over the gradients, bone uniforms, and horn split pushed any worry about the logo completely out of mind. I know I haven't given the logo much thought since summer.

Exactly, the notion that the uniforms aren’t the problem but the logo is when most of the complaints have been about the uniform even main stream is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I haven’t checked lately but for

months after the reveal the rams social media was bombarded by fans just saying change the logo. Not the uniforms.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:00 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This?

7618111-nfl-new-orleans-saints-at-st.-lo

My only problem with these is that the stripes don't match. The white pants have a gold stripe with navy outlines, but the navy pants make it seem like its navy with gold outlines. even when the Pats did navy-stripe-on-navy pants, at least it looked consistient. 

On 1/29/2021 at 2:02 AM, colortv said:

I think these look better in 2020/2021, just more modern.

1284806267.0.jpg

This image genuinely looks like it was created in Madden. Also, what's with #97's horn in the pads? It has no segment, and looks like the old helmet's horn.

I saw this today and thought of this board:

I'm a broken record, but the modern Rams blue over yellow is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the 1997 version.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I saw this today and thought of this board:

I'm a broken record, but the modern Rams blue over yellow is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the 1997 version.

Wow, there's a lot of block fonts in that picture. And pants only came in 3 colors back then? Agreed, the more I look at the 2020 Rams, the more I like them

17 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wow, there's a lot of block fonts in that picture. And pants only came in 3 colors back then? Agreed, the more I look at the 2020 Rams, the more I like them

That’s because it’s most of their home uniforms, so white, silver, or gold create non-monochrome looks, now the away uniforms you’d see a lot more pant options.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

That’s because it’s most of their home uniforms, so white, silver, or gold create non-monochrome looks, now the away uniforms you’d see a lot more pant options.

Shh, don't let that get in the way of fellating the 2020 Rams look as superior! 😜 

Archived