Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I must have missed why they wore blue pants on Monday night? I thought they were wearing all white all season (except for the throwback).

I don't think they said all-white on the road, Im pretty sure it was for home only.

My gut really hopes we see the throwbacks in Tampa next week when the Rams visit because we know the Bucs will most likely wear white.

22 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

They probably would if the NFL's uniform rules didn't prevent them from wearing them more than once or twice a year.

Right, which is why I said, "Fight the hypocrisy". Just do it and get fined (easy for me to say when it's not my money). But would be great to make the point that the rule is ridiculous in this instance.

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

They probably would if the NFL's uniform rules didn't prevent them from wearing them more than once or twice a year.

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Right, which is why I said, "Fight the hypocrisy". Just do it and get fined (easy for me to say when it's not my money). But would be great to make the point that the rule is ridiculous in this instance.

In addition to a fine, they'd probably get flagged for a 15-yard penalty to start each half.  I think that's how NCAA handles these types of things so I'd imagine that the NFL would do something similar (in addition to a hefty fine.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

In addition to a fine, they'd probably get flagged for a 15-yard penalty to start each half.  I think that's how NCAA handles these types of things so I'd imagine that the NFL would do something similar (in addition to a hefty fine.)

From what i remember from the UCLA USC game, the away team that chose to wear colour on colour was penalized a timeout at the start of each half

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

49 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

From what i remember from the UCLA USC game, the away team that chose to wear colour on colour was penalized a timeout at the start of each half

Oh right - that was it.  That's even worse than 15 yards.  If that was the penalty, there's no way they'd do it.

I mean they blow, so it wouldn't matter, but they still have to at least pretend that they're legitimately competing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh right - that was it.  That's even worse than 15 yards.  If that was the penalty, there's no way they'd do it.

I mean they blow, so it wouldn't matter, but they still have to at least pretend that they're legitimately competing.

If it was just the penalties and losses of timeouts, it would be great if teams agreed to do the soccer-esque gentleman's agreement and have the opposing team blow a time out to match and then do 3 offsides penalties in a row to offset the 15 yard penalty. I bet after that happened once, the NFL would be so embarrassed they'd do away with the penalties.

6 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Rams endzones are going to be the same as they were in the preseason, but with the words "Los Angeles" and "Rams" colored in yellow, on a royal blue endzone. 

Looks awesome (TOPS' Dana Jacobsen was in LA on the field this morning).   

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived