Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I'd long thought this set would look better with a single gold stripe on the pants (no navy outline). Even though the gold is surrounded on the helmet and on one side on the jersey, I see it as a single gold element that isn't outlined and thus it seems odd to have it outlined only on the pants.

Gold needs a dark border to not be muddled against the white

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, dont care said:

Gold needs a dark border to not be muddled against the white

Not for me. I think it cleans up the look ever so slightly. As a said before, it's a nice subtle element that compliments the rest of the look and better matches the gold stripe on the jersey.

ramsgoldstripe.jpg

5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Not for me. I think it cleans up the look ever so slightly. As a said before, it's a nice subtle element that compliments the rest of the look and better matches the gold stripe on the jersey.

ramsgoldstripe.jpg

Change the gold to yellow and nix that awful collar and you have a pretty good uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I know someone mentioned this before, but I was watching "Hard Knocks" yesterday and the horns on the helmet looked awfully yellow in all of the game footage.  I'm sure the sunlight makes the gold like brighter, but it sure seems a bit coincidental (especially since the first picture below looks like it was taken after the sun went down).

hardknocksramsgreen.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

pharohpreseason2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

pharohcoopertd.jpg?w=1000&h=655

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 8/22/2016 at 5:05 AM, leopard88 said:

I know someone mentioned this before, but I was watching "Hard Knocks" yesterday and the horns on the helmet looked awfully yellow in all of the game footage.  I'm sure the sunlight makes the gold like brighter, but it sure seems a bit coincidental (especially since the first picture below looks like it was taken after the sun went down).

hardknocksramsgreen.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

To me this shade of "gold" is actually worse. Either be gold OR be yellow but this in between is just kind of disgusting.

I'm almost positive it's just lighting making the helmet look different. You can find pictures dating back to the very first year of this color scheme where the gold looks yellow/mustardy because of the lighting and the angle.

GZYRdNn.jpg

axaAhsK.jpg

yQojgcN.jpg

There's also pictures from this year where the horns look Vegas Gold like they're supposed to:

Mafow7O.jpg

cmqXxRC.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, thank you!

If they want to use a monochrome white logo on blue, the extra outline is pointless and unnecessary clutter.

I guess the next question would be, would removing the extra outline be in violation of the NFL's redesign policy? Or is this simply the Rams' designers being lazy?

5 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Gotta say, the navy blue and white identity is growing on me. Not missing the gold(yellow) nearly as much as I thought I would.

I don't mind it, either, but I know you and I are in the minority. LA fans want athletic gold. 

Archived