Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

What's interesting about the navy/white Rams uniform is that in Madden 17 you can add white socks and white shoes, basically having them in a Color Rush of your own. It's really what they should be wearing against the Seahawks later this year, but we're stuck with the St. Louis colors.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would petitioning to wear the the throwbacks full-time automatically prevent them from introducing a new and improved version of the same (no toilet bowl collars, matching helmet) with a yellow alternate when they step foot into their new stadium?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Rams do look better in white pants on the road. Only Green Bay and Pittsburgh should wear athletic gold pants on the road. There should be a yellow stripe on the pants, but white does look better here, yes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

55 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Rams do look better in white pants on the road. Only Green Bay and Pittsburgh should wear athletic gold pants on the road. There should be a yellow stripe on the pants, but white does look better here, yes.

Disagree 1000x.  Unless you mean that the yellow stripe should be so wide that it covers up all of the white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

So the stadiums in LA, Miami and Pittsburgh all had NCAA & NFL games played on consecutive days. Hard Rock and The Coliseum both looked okay. Heinz Field was visibly worn during the Steelers game. Guess warm weather helps the field conditions of multi-team stadiums *shrug*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 9/19/2016 at 11:22 PM, OldRamsFan said:

I like this combination from Madden 17. Imagine the gold stripes are yellow:

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

It wasn't showing up for me. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

21 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

So the stadiums in LA, Miami and Pittsburgh all had NCAA & NFL games played on consecutive days. Hard Rock and The Coliseum both looked okay. Heinz Field was visibly worn during the Steelers game. Guess warm weather helps the field conditions of multi-team stadiums *shrug*

Less rain helps too though Heinz Field always looks torn up no matter what time of year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If LA can do a whole makeover of the field from red to blue then Miami should be able to go all out hurricane end zones then switch to dolphins. Colors are much more similar the word marks are not. Looked like the miami hurriphins were playing at home. Maybe time will tell if LA can keep this up but in those two climates there should be no problem being able to make all four teams feel at home 

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

If LA can do a whole makeover of the field from red to blue then Miami should be able to go all out hurricane end zones then switch to dolphins. Colors are much more similar the word marks are not. Looked like the miami hurriphins were playing at home. Maybe time will tell if LA can keep this up but in those two climates there should be no problem being able to make all four teams feel at home 

The Dolphins may not be as accommodating to the Canes at Hard Rock as USC is being with the Rams at the Coliseum. Pretty much a landlord/tenant relationship. If the landlord says you're not allowed to paint, not much you can do about it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 10/9/2016 at 11:48 AM, cdreed said:

Amazing job by Coliseum crew to switch field from USC college to Rams NFL overnight. Even got rid of the college hashmarks.

Also love the additional yellow highlighting around the white in the end zones.

CuWJMD5UMAA_Jo5.jpg

Wrong!

That photo you posted was taken long BEFORE the Saturday Colorado at USC and Sundays Bills at Rams game.

I was at the Coliseum this past Sunday for Bills at Rams.  You could see the areas that were painted over which are NCAA standards and not the NFL's.  The yard lines and hash-marks are closer to the sidelines in college football and they were painted over and one could see them quite easily along with the PAC-12 logos and one could also see part of the 'Trojans USC' logo at the bottom of the NFL shield which part they didn't even attempt to paint over.

You're giving some totally undeserved credit to the LA Coliseum crew on that one. There's no way that photo was taken upon the conclusion of the Colorado-USC game and before the Bills at Rams the following day. .  

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

Wrong!

That photo you posted was taken long BEFORE the Saturday Colorado at USC and Sundays Bills at Rams game.

I was at the Coliseum this past Sunday for Bills at Rams.  You could see the areas that were painted over which are NCAA standards and not the NFL's.  The yard lines and hash-marks are closer to the sidelines in college football and they were painted over and one could see them quite easily along with the PAC-12 logos and one could also see part of the 'Trojans USC' logo at the bottom of the NFL shield which part they didn't even attempt to paint over.

You're giving some totally undeserved credit to the LA Coliseum crew on that one. There's no way that photo was taken upon the conclusion of the Colorado-USC game and before the Bills at Rams the following day. .  

You can see all of those things fairly easily if you zoom in on the picture.

On 9/20/2016 at 4:46 PM, OldRamsFan said:

I really like this look much better than the yellow pants.

rams-70s-white-alt.jpg

They need a thin royal blue, thicker athletic gold, and thin royal blue pants piping and it's set. Look at this guy's concept once again,

los%2Bangeles%2Brams.png

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eYSrtae95cE/VrYhuEIaiZI/AAAAAAAACLE/RWwNX8P8NVU/s1600/los%2Bangeles%2Brams.png

Take a look.

There's no need for white on the home uniform. 

I think the road road would be better with the yellow pants with solid blue stripe (or just solid yellow ) but if it must be white then the stripe should be blue outlined with yellow. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived