Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, colortv said:

Is all this blue and white branding just to emphasize their history in LA or could they possibly be considering it for the uniform change in 2019? I don't see how they could pass up the blue/yellow given how ubiquitous it is among the fans.

I think the Rams will be in some form of royal blue/athletic gold come 2019. It'll probably be an update of the '73-'99 look. I can see a blue and white '64-'72 throwback as an alternate.

I think the Rams are currently emphasising blue and white with their regular uniform set as a way to be visually distinct from the St. Louis years.

1 minute ago, msubulldog said:

With Fisher out as coach, will they still keep mono-white as the home default combo until they move into the new stadium?

Probably. Fisher wasn't the reason they were going mono-white at home. They were going mono-white at home to avoid wearing the St. Louis-esque blue jerseys as few times as possible.

4 hours ago, msubulldog said:

With Fisher out as coach, will they still keep mono-white as the home default combo until they move into the new stadium?

I sure hope so.  I actually like the current set, just not the colors.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

10 hours ago, colortv said:

Is all this blue and white branding just to emphasize their history in LA or could they possibly be considering it for the uniform change in 2019? I don't see how they could pass up the blue/yellow given how ubiquitous it is among the fans.

I think they're just trying to phase out vegas gold to separate themselves from the St. Louis years and it's easier/fits better to go just with navy and white everywhere given their current branding than it is to always use the throwback colors or change the vegas gold to yellow.

The Rams were using a lot of blue and white branding even in their final years in St. Louis, sparking some speculation here then.

Either someone really likes that scheme or they just recognized that the metallic gold's days were numbered once Nike turned it to khaki.

If they don't use blue and athletic gold for their new set after seeing all of their L.A. fans decked out in exactly that... well, they'd be the Rams.

Okay while most other rams fans I've talked too would prefer blue and yellow they wouldn't mind a return to blue and white, I don't think it's blue and yellow or bust more just get rid of metallic gold and go back to an old color set. I think best case for rams would be to bring both back one as a primary and the other as a throwback and everyone would be happy.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

I do like those blue and white helmets and really hope that a Fearsome Foursome-era uniform is on its way with the new look. Ideally, though? It should be an alternate. The Rams should be blue and yellow full-time. They should've went back to blue and yellow the moment they returned to Los Angeles. They should've went back to blue and yellow even if they had stayed in St. Louis, and maybe shouldn't have went away from blue and yellow to begin with even then.*

*(Don't get me wrong, the navy/gold Rams look was all right so long as they wore gold pants, but it was so drab and washed out in that dome.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm with @Gothamite on this. I like the Blue/White look for a throwback/fauxback/alternate/Color Rush™ uniform, but the primary look should be Blue/Yellow. It's what you see the majority of fans wearing, it's what most people think of when they think Los Angeles Rams, and yellow is the perfect color to represent a southern California team. There's no reason to push it off to the side, save for personal or micromanaging reasons.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Anyone else think the Rams are going blue/white to differentiate themselves from the Chargers? Two teams sharing a stadium with same color scheme would be a bit strange 

I kinda think so.  The chargers are most likely going to keep yellow with some shade(s) of blue.  I think the rams ultimately need to go blue/white or blue/yellow...and probably the former given the Chargers likely move.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think we will see a slightly updated version of the classic blue/yellow look.  Probably with white, blue, and yellow pants options.  Hope they stick with classic stripes but we could see something "kewl" instead.  The blue and white throwback look will be an alt option for twice a year and as long as Thursday night football prevails.   I think tonight was an excuse to try them out, float the trial balloon and see how they look and what people think.  They can tape white decals over yellow after they change. 

4 hours ago, bowld said:

Anyone else think the Rams are going blue/white to differentiate themselves from the Chargers? Two teams sharing a stadium with same color scheme would be a bit strange 

I don't believe that they would think that way because the chargers are truly already a blue and white team first with yellow as an accent. In the situation that they both inhabit the L.A. stadium, the Chargers will probably end up a [Powder/Navy]blue/white/yellow team while the rams hope to become a royal blue/yellow/white team, which are distinct enough for them to not have to consider changing their vision to accommodate the other.

The best reason for why they are projecting as a blue/white team in the meantime is because they ultimately hope to become a blue/yellow/white team, but they don't currently have yellow in their current style guide and they also have to deal with that dead-weight St. Louis gold creeping through their look. The best choice they see in the short-term is to simply emphasize the blue and white as much as they can since those are the colors that they identify with the most in their current scheme. The long-term goal is to add yellow and drop the gold, but they don't see right now as the right timing for some reason. Why they're waiting for the new stadium is the part that's confusing for me.

To me, the answer is simple:

Philip-Rivers-440x500.jpg

ap_49ers_rams_football_680137641.jpg?w=1

They're very different looks, with two different shades of blue and two different shades of gold. Different helmet colors, different pant colors, different number colors. They'll be sufficiently differentiated while wearing traditional (and appealing) looks.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I do like those blue and white helmets and really hope that a Fearsome Foursome-era uniform is on its way with the new look. Ideally, though? It should be an alternate. The Rams should be blue and yellow full-time. They should've went back to blue and yellow the moment they returned to Los Angeles. They should've went back to blue and yellow even if they had stayed in St. Louis, and maybe shouldn't have went away from blue and yellow to begin with even then.*

*(Don't get me wrong, the navy/gold Rams look was all right so long as they wore gold pants, but it was so drab and washed out in that dome.)

Last night's helmets were beauties.  The uniforms felt out of place IMO.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived