Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Well, as I was typing it I thought of how much I liked the Maple Leafs look (particularly Ballard Leaf, but I digress).  So whatever inconsistency there is, I am guilty as well.

I cannot speak to LA.  But on this board, the white and blue seems popular.  As popular as royal/yellow?  Maybe not.  But certainly not un-popular.

I don't think it's really that popular on this board. I made that mistake a while back, commenting on how there were so many people who inexplicably loved that set. Then, after talking it through with others, we determined that like 99% of the posts in favor of that set were from Infrared.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 2016-12-02 at 1:46 PM, OnWis97 said:

Well, as I was typing it I thought of how much I liked the Maple Leafs look (particularly Ballard Leaf, but I digress).  So whatever inconsistency there is, I am guilty as well.

I cannot speak to LA.  But on this board, the white and blue seems popular.  As popular as royal/yellow?  Maybe not.  But certainly not un-popular.

I don't think it's inconsistency. I think it just comes down to teams existing in their own context. 

The Maple Leafs have been blue and white for ninety-two of their hundred years of existence. That's their look. It works for them. The Lightning, on the other hand, had been black, blue, white, and silver up until relatively recently. People tend to give their current look a hard time not because blue and white looks back, but because it's infringing on the established look of another team. 

With the Padres? Navy and white works for the Yankees and Tigers because that's their establish look. The Padres though? They're not as established, and have a history with a unique colour scheme. What works for the Yankees and Tigers seems bland in the Padres' context.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I don't think it's inconsistency. I think it just comes down to teams existing in their own context. 

The Maple Leafs have been blue and white for ninety-two of their hundred years of existence. That's their look. It works for them. The Lightning, on the other hand, had been black, blue, white, and silver up until relatively recently. People tend to give their current look a hard time not because blue and white looks back, but because it's infringing on the established look of another team. 

With the Padres? Navy and white works for the Yankees and Tigers because that's their establish look. The Padres though? They're not as established, and have a history with a unique colour scheme. What works for the Yankees and Tigers seems bland in the Padres' context.

I agree, and at the risk of being attacked by a mob, I don't particularly care for either the Yankees or Tigers home uniforms. Bother are iconic and should never be changed, but if either were an expansion team starting fresh, I'd consider the designs and the lack of a tertiary color underwhelming.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Eh at that point I'd rather stick with blue even if it isn't unique. The main reason I personally like the idea of blue and white is that you get to see all the leagues colors instead of the road team just wearing white.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

6 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Eh at that point I'd rather stick with blue even if it isn't unique. The main reason I personally like the idea of blue and white is that you get to see all the leagues colors instead of the road team just wearing white.

That the EXACT reason why the Rams went that route from 1964-72.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

8 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

In the 60s and 70s, that was important. There was no Internet, color TV wasn't everywhere, and even photography in newspapers and magazines weren't always in color. Fans wouldn't always know what other teams looked like, so it was a treat.

Nowadays, we have all those things to the point where there's a national marketing craze over Color Rush. It's hardly comparable, and a team wearing white at home to "show off other teams' colors" is completely unnecessary.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 12/4/2016 at 11:54 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

eagles-throwback-620x862.jpg

That looks like garbage. 

I do kinda like the uniform though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fred Roggin, who is plugged in with the Rams (He insisted during the whole relocation saga last year that the Rams project was the favored more impressive project and had a sit down interview with Kroenke the day after the Rams were chosen) is reporting that Chargers to LA is almost a done deal, with no plans to rebrand:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Chargers-Move-to-Los-Angeles-Almost-a-Done-Deal-405520466.html

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Fred Roggin, who is plugged in with the Rams (He insisted during the whole relocation saga last year that the Rams project was the favored more impressive project and had a sit down interview with Kroenke the day after the Rams were chosen) is reporting that Chargers to LA is almost a done deal, with no plans to rebrand:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Chargers-Move-to-Los-Angeles-Almost-a-Done-Deal-405520466.html

Los Angeles Clippers of Football of Carson

14 hours ago, colortv said:

LAChargers.jpg

Archived