Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I would rather see the Chargers in their powder blue throwbacks and stay away from gold pants. Let the Chargers be powder blue and white with gold accents while the Rams move to being royal blue and gold with white accents.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, colortv said:

Is there any precedent for two teams in the same sport and same city having as similar colors schemes as the Chargers and Rams would if they both kept the general blue/yellow look?

At various points the Phila A's and Phillies shared colors, most recently in the mid 40s when each was dark-royal blue and white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, colortv said:

Is there any precedent for two teams in the same sport and same city having as similar colors schemes as the Chargers and Rams would if they both kept the general blue/yellow look?

While the Mets do use orange as a trim color and the Yankees don't, they both use blue as their primary color, so that fits, IMHO. You could make an argument about the Islanders and Rangers since both use a lighter shade of blue and red and orange are close to each other on the spectrum. Both are extremely tenuous connections, and I admit that I'm reaching a bit.

Those are the only examples I can think of right now since few cities have two teams in the same sport.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, colortv said:

In a quest to use every color combination possible, the White Sox wore royal blue and white in 1969 and 1970. They missed the red the Cubs use, but it was still horribly inappropriate to take a primary color associated with an in-town rival, without at very least using a noticeably different secondary color.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 12/11/2016 at 0:45 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

At various points the Phila A's and Phillies shared colors, most recently in the mid 40s when each was dark-royal blue and white.

Also, the Boston Braves and Boston Redsox both used navy/red schemes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

This was unexpected.

CzhD0NjWIAAvEFd.jpg

Unexpected?  With all their blue-and-white branding this season, with all the talk about the Fearsome Foursome and the blue-and-white days, we really should have seen this coming.  

Hell, just look at their twitter avatar. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Unexpected?  With all their blue-and-white branding this season, with all the talk about the Fearsome Foursome and the blue-and-white days, we really should have seen this coming.  

That's true but I wasn't expecting this until next year at the very least but I guess they managed to work something out in such a quick fashion without the league getting antsy about it.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Helmet is nice but will look extremely stupid paired with the normal white uniforms.

I'm thrilled to see the return of one of my all time favorite helmets, but I have to agree that it's going to look pretty bad with the Rams current look. 

BB52Big.jpg

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That's true but I wasn't expecting this until next year at the very least but I guess they managed to work something out in such a quick fashion without the league getting antsy about it.

This isn't a permanent change, it's a Color Rush decal swap.  The league likes those. 

On 12/10/2016 at 11:38 PM, colortv said:

In the 30s and part of the 40s the Cubs and White Sox were both blue and red. In fact, in some of the 30s they had road uniforms that were nearly identical.

The White Sox also were blue and red in the 80s, but it was a darker blue than what the Cubs use.

Archived