Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There's no need for white on the home uniform. 

I think the road road would be better with the yellow pants with solid blue stripe (or just solid yellow ) but if it must be white then the stripe should be blue outlined with yellow. 

You are right. I am going to tinker with that man's concept to see what I get!!!

9 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Agree. No need for the white outlines. Looks so much cleaner without them.

Maybe, but the pants also look 1,000x better with white, making braiser stripes. Literally 1,000x better. So, since no team would return 100% to an old look in this day and age, they might as well find a way to work white into the blue jerseys. I think they'd look great either 1) keeping their current shoulder slash things, in white and yellow, in lieu of the horns; or 2) keep the horns yellow and make the numbers white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 10/12/2016 at 1:28 PM, dont care said:

You can see all of those things fairly easily if you zoom in on the picture.

Watched both games last week and both games look horrible. There is no good way to paint that field for multiple teams in consecutive weeks let alone the same. Like most western grass fields, the grass is extremely short and thin and the dirt is sandy.

Painting it is an exercise in futility.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Those aren't "home" navy blues anymore, as the team has designated the white-over-white combination as the home uniform.

Do we know that for a fact?  We know they'll lean heavily on the whites, but I hadn't heard that they'd gone so far as redesignate them. 

And in any case, the point was that the Rams didn't use up one of their throwback game opportunities. 

12 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Since they didn't want to use the throwbacks this year, I wish they'd just stick with that white/white for every game, home and away. 

That will probably be how it will work out in practice, unless they visit Dallas (which they don't -- I just looked at their schedule).

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So why did they use the blue uniforms for a home game in London?  I'm confused.

Good question.  Wearing blue was a bad decision.  If the Rams had worn white, not only would they have been remaining consistent, but also both teams would have been in their primary uniforms.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That will probably be how it will work out in practice, unless they visit Dallas (which they don't -- I just looked at their schedule).

Good question.  Wearing blue was a bad decision.  If the Rams had worn white, not only would they have been remaining consistent, but also both teams would have been in their primary uniforms.  

Didn't they wear all white in Detroit and get on a plane to London? I assume the blue set could have been shipped in advance to London and the whites were sent back to LA. 

7 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Weeeeell, not exactly. Giants primary uniform is Blue over white this season. Giants already announced they will wear gray pants for all road games when forced to wear blue jersey. See game 1 at Cowboys. So from a certain point of view.../Obi-Wan.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So why did they use the blue uniforms for a home game in London?  I'm confused.

It was a home game but not a warm-weather-road-force situation. Even if they had worn the alternates for the other seven home games (as they should have), might as well use that one then. No one's watching anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Went to fanatics this morning and if you click NFL to see the drop down list of teams the rams logo appears in blue and white. Think this is the first time I have seen anyone outside of you team use the logo in just blue and white

3 minutes ago, bowld said:

Went to fanatics this morning and if you click NFL to see the drop down list of teams the rams logo appears in blue and white. Think this is the first time I have seen anyone outside of you team use the logo in just blue and white

Are they wearing throwbacks or are they off this week? It's strange tehy've done this since the only place that uses just the blue and white ram is the stadium. Has nfl.com switched too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived