NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

11 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why this set is so universally hated around these parts. It gets rid of all the dumb 90s stuff while still keeping the spirit of the original alive. Even with the black I’d say it’s the best uniforms they’ve ever had, and if they changed the black to purple (and of course get rid of the sleeves on the orange jersey, but that’s a given) and it’d be perfect.

This version of the motion lines needed a little more time in the oven -- the circle cutoff is weird, and note how it looks bad for single-digit numbers, a couple other things that I like the idea but the execution isn't quite there. But bigger is this: The lack of purple on the non-purple jersey is such a fatal flaw. Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, I would agree that those were better than the sets that came before and after, at least the primary home/away jerseys, but I prefer the "Valley" look overall.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why this set is so universally hated around these parts. It gets rid of all the dumb 90s stuff while still keeping the spirit of the original alive. Even with the black I’d say it’s the best uniforms they’ve ever had, and if they changed the black to purple (and of course get rid of the sleeves on the orange jersey, but that’s a given) and it’d be perfect.

Something small but I loved how the SUNS wordmark at center court looked the same from both sides of the arena

On 7/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, jb1322 said:

the sign literally has Portland on it and they choose to go with Oregon 

The "Portland" part of that sign is a very recent addition. For years it was "Made in Oregon" and before that "White Stag". The clipped descender on the "g" has been a constant and I assume was due to the lettering on the building trim (when it had a sugar ad on the sign) restricting a full loop. 
As much as I disliked the clipped g at first, I love that they included such a weird quirk. In a way "Oregon" pays more tribute to the city's history than "Portland"

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

16 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Biggest game of the Finals and neither team will have a wordmark on the jersey

And, this is how the 2021 Finals end up historic.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, projectjohn said:

Feels like it wasn't all that long ago teams putting airport codes on their jerseys was controversial. Times change quickly, I guess.

How have the times changed?  The airport codes can still be dumb even if how they're just using logos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

How have the times changed?  The airport codes can still be dumb even if how they're just using logos.

I'm just saying that was something a lot of us didn't like back then in the mid 2000s, but it seems pretty tame by today's standards of out of control City edition jerseys, dumb city nicknames like "The Land" or "Buzz City", etc.

Geographic name/team nickname > airport codes > stupid city nicknames > just logos when it comes to basketball. For what it's worth, I'd rather the geographic name than the nickname, especially on the road.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 7/19/2021 at 12:12 PM, Germanshepherd said:

Biggest game of the Finals and neither team will have a wordmark on the jersey

Could Milwaukee have changed uniforms last minute? I find it hard to believe they didn't try to change into their white jerseys and pants for Game 6

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I always loved the "airport code" wordmarks and still do, especially for teams it worked well for, starting from the early PHX then ATL, and the recent MINN that the Wolves had.  It had the balance of being cool while totally recognizable as a location.

One that doesn't work nor look or sound good at all is the CHA for the Hornets.

53 minutes ago, truepg said:

I always loved the "airport code" wordmarks and still do, especially for teams it worked well for, starting from the early PHX then ATL, and the recent MINN that the Wolves had.  It had the balance of being cool while totally recognizable as a location.

One that doesn't work nor look or sound good at all is the CHA for the Hornets.

“MINN” and “CHA” aren’t airport codes and just lazy abbreviations and even worse.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

“MINN” and “CHA” aren’t airport codes and just lazy abbreviations and even worse.

That's why I put it in quotation marks just referring to them the same way it was done prior to me. There's no point whatsoever in them being actual airport codes anyway. As long as the abbreviation works, and MINN works better than well.

Archived