NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

11 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I was thinking more in terms of saving money.  The money to pay players have to come from somewhere.  Probably got enough money to pay for it from their Spectrum TV deal, though.   Think cheapo Donald Sterling, who refused to pay his top draft picks top dollars because he wanted to save money.

This is the Lakers, not that racist :censored:. The lakers make enough profits in one game to pay for a court.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sayahh said:

I was thinking more in terms of saving money.  The money to pay players have to come from somewhere.  Probably got enough money to pay for it from their Spectrum TV deal, though.   Think cheapo Donald Sterling, who refused to pay his top draft picks top dollars because he wanted to save money.

NBA finances are far different now than 30 years ago. I’m not sure if you’re aware of what the national TV deals are worth. 

And the Lakers don’t need to save money. Forbes values the team at $4.4 billion. It’s estimated that they had gross revenues of $434 million in 2018-19. https://www.statista.com/statistics/196721/revenue-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-since-2006/

Wondering if they can afford a court is kinda strange, tbh. 

The only real question is the Staples Center’s ability to store more courts (they have Lakers, Clippers, Clippers alt, Sparks, and NCAA courts to maintain, more than most other NBA arenas) but I’m guessing they’d use storage facility if needed. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Normally it would be late because the team would already have announced new uniforms and be starting training camp, but because of the aforementioned craziness, the Finals are in October.

That's true in normal condition we would have all Classic already released or at least leaked/teased and what about hints it's sad that clubs don't want give us a little bit fun and play guessing games. I hope in next month or in November they do that (btw new season should be shortened).

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The only real question is the Staples Center’s ability to store more courts (they have Lakers, Clippers, Clippers alt, Sparks, and NCAA courts to maintain, more than most other NBA arenas) but I’m guessing they’d use storage facility if needed. 

This would be my biggest question. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

NBA finances are far different now than 30 years ago. I’m not sure if you’re aware of what the national TV deals are worth. 

And the Lakers don’t need to save money. Forbes values the team at $4.4 billion. It’s estimated that they had gross revenues of $434 million in 2018-19. https://www.statista.com/statistics/196721/revenue-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-since-2006/

They probably could afford a new court easily, but doesn't mean that they're just going to throw money away like the GS Warriors do with their wide selection of courts.  Also, wondering how much their net profit was for 2018-19 and how much tax they had to pay on it (Federal tax, not league luxury tax).  Plus there was this small business loan...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/27/846024717/even-the-la-lakers-got-a-ppp-small-business-loan

28 minutes ago, sayahh said:

They probably could afford a new court easily, but doesn't mean that they're just going to throw money away like the GS Warriors do with their wide selection of courts.  Also, wondering how much their net profit was for 2018-19 and how much tax they had to pay on it (Federal tax, not league luxury tax).  Plus there was this small business loan...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/27/846024717/even-the-la-lakers-got-a-ppp-small-business-loan

I hear you...but at the same, the Lakers don't have to be most thrify team either. According to Forbes valuation posted in Feb (I think), the Lakers have more than $900M in aggregate operating revenue (EBITDA) over the last 10 years. I have no idea what they pay in taxes and interest either, but even the worst case scenario would say are they still incredibly profitable. 

And note, the article says they returned the small business loan. 

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

They probably could afford a new court easily, but doesn't mean that they're just going to throw money away like the GS Warriors do with their wide selection of courts.

But, in the Warriors' defense their different court designs are mainly, if not all, sectional changes on the baselines and at center court.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

And note, the article says they returned the small business loan. 

Oh, I'm aware, but had someone not noticed that they applied for the small business loan, they would've just kept it and not had to return it had they fulfilled certain conditions (that they could've easily fulfilled because, as you've pointed out, they had a lot of money and thus could keep and pay a lot of employees).  Shake Shack also famously took out a small business loan and were shamed into returning it, but many people would be surprised to learn that they did end up taking a loan, that is, if I recall correctly.

Rich people (and organizations), do not stay rich by throwing money away, even small amount.  The free tribute jerseys to Kobe and his daughter cost money, but got much, much more back in return for what they spent, financially and in intangibles.

41 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Dick's are selling some interesting tshirts...

So I'm guessing that we have 5 classic edition uniforms confirmed.

Nets classic, which we talked about past weekhttps://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/nike-mens-brooklyn-nets-kevin-durant-7-dri-fit-blue-hardwood-classic-t-shirt-20nikmnbntsbldrntbkna/20nikmnbntsbldrntbkna

You have no idea how happy I am right now... haha. Already placed my order. Thank you for finding this!

1 hour ago, Igor Coelho said:

Shame this is the one they're going with:

20NIKMNBMVSGRNDNCDALA?wid=1500&fmt=pjpeg

I've always been partial to this set, though they unfortunately were consistent losers in it:

72328272_original.jpg?1303403936

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Apparently the Pacers' Hickory "throwbacks" (lololol) are not in the 20-21 Classic collection, judging by the new merchandise on Dick's. They wore them what, three years for absolutely no real reason? 

Ok I noticed another weird thing on a Grizzlies. On a concept photo NOB is writting with block font which is correct but on a shirsey there is rounded font which is incorrect. Now since Conrad confrimed that Concept got wrong waistband logo and good one on real shorts my question is if they switched from Correct font to Incorrect font on a real jersey? That's a little bit f....d up.

Also Warriors will have retro for a four straight season and six uniform by overall since nike era starts.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Shame this is the one they're going with:

20NIKMNBMVSGRNDNCDALA?wid=1500&fmt=pjpeg

I've always been partial to this set, though they unfortunately were consistent losers in it:

I prefer these. But, more than that I'm just grateful they're using the correction numbers.

19065206_303.jpg 

kimball banner.png

Mavs Green, Nets Tie-Dyes Highlight NBA’s Throwback Jerseys in 2021

October 1, 2020 - 17:22 PM

The entire slate of NBA 2020-21 “Classic” uniforms were posted for sale prior to their respective announcements this week on the online branch of Dick’s Sporting Goods. Each of the five designs have been confirmed to SportsLogos.Net as legit for the upcoming season, one of which had been leaked earlier

Read More...

The green Porzingis jersey in the article is no longer listed on Dick's...I guess that first run already sold out. The Curry jersey is still up though only in two sizes. 

Archived