NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

On 10/1/2020 at 7:03 PM, Krz said:

So are these 5 all the throwbacks this year? Or are some still left to reveal?

Can't answer on that, but counted something. In first nike season we've had 8 throwbacks, in second again 8, in third there are 13. Now in fourth there are leaks of 5 of them. 13-5=8 so It look like they decreased number of retro of this year to recompensate last year and have average of 8 retro/year. I know it sounds wierd, stupid and I don't believe in that by myself (because of $$$ that came from those jerseys) but I find it might be instresting even if has no sense.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Can't answer on that, but counted something. In first nike season we've had 8 throwbacks, in second again 8, in third there are 13. Now in fourth there are leaks of 5 of them. 13-5=8 so It look like they decreased number of retro of this year to recompensate last year and have average of 8 retro/year. I know it sounds wierd, stupid and I don't believe in that by myself (because of $$$ that came from those jerseys) but I find it might be instresting even if has no sense.

13 and 5 gives you an average of 9. 

And there were 13 throwbacks last year? Last year we saw:

Charlotte

Cleveland

Golden State

Houston

Indiana

LAC

Memphis

Portland

Sacramento

Toronto

Utah

That’s 11...which would bring you back to an average of 8. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

And there were 13 throwbacks last year?

Portland red

Cleveland black/light blue

LAC white

Memphis teal

Charlotte purple

Utah purple

Sacramento blue

Indiana white (it's called Classic at all)

Toronto white

Houston red

Philadelphia white

GS yellow

GS white

And we also have Lakers black, although being a City Ed. was named as Classic for the bubble games

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

General average it's 8,5 so depend how you're rounding it's gonna be 8 or 9 so you've got right too. 🙂

2 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

And we also have Lakers black, although being a City Ed. was named as Classic for the bubble games

I've got problem how to count this jersey. It listed as a 'classic' but on the other hand Lakers didn't wear their regular 'City' in bubble so we could count is as a 'City' too since it was a 'City' uniform.

Anyway I guess we all agree that all of us would prefer to not bringing back this jersey and have Kobe still with us.

4r2eer.png

44 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

IMO we should count Mamba jersey as a 'Special' but there is no name like this in NBA/nike terminology.

Let's not encourage them to create one ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Since this could possibly be the last game for the Lakers I've been wanting to say this for a while, has anyone noticed that the piping stripes on the black mamba shorts look a little off? Like they're expanding outwards rather than straight down

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Since this could possibly be the last game for the Lakers I've been wanting to say this for a while, has anyone noticed that the piping stripes on the black mamba shorts look a little off? Like they're expanding outwards rather than straight down

All of the lakers shorts do that, and the Nike slit in the front makes it more apparent.

The Lakers are playing a lot of playoff games with the "Black Mamba" uniform. I won't be surprised if that jersey returns as 2021 City Ed.

Would be a great combo with the Classic Ed. Two jerseys with high market potential.

Another possibility that I thought was something inspired by the white version of the 60s uniform.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:53 AM, Old School Fool said:

It is listed as Classic. Which makes sense as it is technically a throwback to a previos seasons design.

Yes but on the other hand Throwbacks don't have Championship tag on collar and have HWC NBA logo on neck instead of standard so it's a mess

Anyway back to 20/21 season. I saw @Conrad. mockup of Mavs 'Classic' and I saw two of this uniforms made for 2k (one of them is mine) and all of us made shorts in a different way.

This is Conrad mockup:

Ej0NyyKWAAAu3xe?format=jpg&name=large

This is Casey one based on i.a last year ASG or 76ers City:

12181_dallasmaverickshwc.png

And here is mine based on Knicks (I already updated wordmark and numbers):

Dal20-Retro.jpg

I'm curious who of us will be right. I bet Conrad but I actually hope he's wrong (no offensive) because this will show that nike went the laziest way to make them without even trying to be a little more accurate.

4r2eer.png

41 minutes ago, PurpleRain said:

I've been seeing a lot of Nets fans crediting Kyrie and his New Jersey roots for the decision to bring on these NJ throwbacks. Doesn't the NBA approval process for throwback/alternate jerseys begin two years ahead of time?

Crazy side note - Kyrie wasn't even born when the throwbacks were actually worn. Worn in 1990-91, Kyrie born in 1992. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived