NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Igor Coelho said:

The Lakers are playing a lot of playoff games with the "Black Mamba" uniform. I won't be surprised if that jersey returns as 2021 City Ed.

Would be a great combo with the Classic Ed. Two jerseys with high market potential.

Another possibility that I thought was something inspired by the white version of the 60s uniform.

The Instagram profile of the NBA Store in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, published an Story anticipating that they will receive the Black Mamba jersey in 2021.

The question box says: Will Black Mamba be sold in Brazil someday?

f0l2X9a.png

Nets Add a Splash of Colour, Unveil Tie-Dye Throwbacks for 2021

October 14, 2020 - 20:01 PM

I can honestly say, this is one throwback uniform I never thought we’d ever see… But now that it’s happening, all the yesses in the world! The Brooklyn Nets today made official what was previously leaked, and that is the return of their one-year tie-dye wonders as a “Classic” uniform

Read More...

It’s said that issues replicating the tie-dye style pattern on their retail replica jerseys forced the league to step in and change the base to a more traditional solid colour.

I'm not sure about this claim...would like to know who "said" it. NBA replica jerseys didn't get to be big business until 1993. There's no way that New Jersey Nets replica jerseys were being made en masse in 1991. The early years of replica jerseys featured the star players..Magic, Jordan, Bird, Thomas, Ewing, et al. 

After watching old highlights on Youtube...my guess is the league forced them to a solid color because the tie-dyes didn't really look all that good on TV. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On current 8K 4K Ultra Full HD Ready TV's it should look much much better. I hope they will have classic floor as well.

By the way this is quote from mothership:

Classic Edition uniforms are only permitted to be worn during a team’s “milestone anniversary” season (something that ends in 0 or 5, essentially

I didn't know about that so I checked retros from 20/21 season to match that with the quote:

Lakers - 60th anniversary of playing in LA - V

Mavericks - 40th anniversary - V

Nets - 45th season in NBA - V

Warriors - 75th season - V

Grizzlies - 20th season in Memphis - V

Could someone check previous seasons?

4r2eer.png

25 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

On current 8K 4K Ultra Full HD Ready TV's it should look much much better. I hope they will have classic floor as well.

I didn't know about that so I checked retros from 20/21 season to match that with the quote:

I think they use the milestone anniversary loosely ... Finals run, championships, etc. That's why it feels like the Warriors have had a throwback every year with Nike. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Nets Add a Splash of Colour, Unveil Tie-Dye Throwbacks for 2021

October 14, 2020 - 20:01 PM

I can honestly say, this is one throwback uniform I never thought we’d ever see… But now that it’s happening, all the yesses in the world! The Brooklyn Nets today made official what was previously leaked, and that is the return of their one-year tie-dye wonders as a “Classic” uniform

Read More...

I find it ridiculous that the classic uniforms can contain surnames with outlines but the regular uniforms can't.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

As kimball alluded to, the Warriors had two throwbacks last year, the Hornets wore all three throwbacks (two had to be non-anniversary) and the Pacers wore Hickory “throwbacks”

On 10/14/2020 at 6:50 AM, jb1322 said:

I could've sworn I read an article or something hinting toward it. Regardless, it's way overdue. Enough with the boring camo. 

I don't think there has been an official announcement other than last year saying that it was the final year of camo.

However the Spurs have been teasing fiesta colours so hard on social media for like 12 months (with countless comments on every such post demanding fiesta jerseys) that it would amount to trolling the fanbase if they were to go in another direction now. I can't envisage anything else. Just hope they get it right.

5 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

I find it ridiculous that the classic uniforms can contain surnames with outlines but the regular uniforms can't.

I don't know if I'd say they CAN'T have outlines, they just don't. I think part of that is just streamlining the NOTB fonts, but I actually think sans outline looks MUCH better for the most part.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Both the Red & White suffer from the same issue, just in different ways: Unnecessary Black. They should've leaned more into what the Earned "NORTH" jersey looked like.... that being said, the Black statement based off the current City jersey is a winner for me, even though I'm not 100% happy with the Chevron slope being used for the wordmark. 

All in all, these are a C+. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

8 hours ago, kimball said:

I think they use the milestone anniversary loosely ... Finals run, championships, etc. That's why it feels like the Warriors have had a throwback every year with Nike. 

That’s because they aren’t classic editions bust statement and city editions.

4 hours ago, dont care said:

That’s because they aren’t classic editions bust statement and city editions.

This is incorrect. The Warriors’ Statement uni is “The Bay” and the City jersey is “The Town”. They have actual Classics that aren’t either of those.

Earned uniforms returning? That was unexpected. More fun for us then. It’s gonna be funny when once again the Earned jerseys are better than the City ones. Hope I am wrong or like somewhere in between.  I dunno whatever. BRING ON NEW THINGS FOR ME TO BE IRRATIONALLY UPSET OVER!

bSLCtu2.png

whew 5 new jerseys for the raptors in one year add a classic jersey and thats 6 jerseys debuting. (not sure if they actually will do throwbacks this year they might aswell go all the way though lol) 6 jerseys for a team is nothing new but (technically) 6 new jerseys debuting in one season thats gotta be a record. let alone the confirmed 5 thats coming this season

IMG-7122.gif

Archived