NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm guessing the legend that the Lakers' City pays tribute to is George Mikan...

George Mikan Autographed Signed Lakers 8X10 Photo Autograph Auto PSA/DNA at  Amazon's Sports Collectibles Store

Can’t see the Lakers giving any acknowledgement to the pre-LA players when they still have so many legends that played in LA. I think it tributes Elgin Baylor, the double blues is probably the jersey most associated with him and it’s what they’re bringing back next season 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Can’t see the Lakers giving any acknowledgement to the pre-LA players when they still have so many legends that played in LA. I think it tributes Elgin Baylor, the double blues is probably the jersey most associated with him and it’s what they’re bringing back next season 

You might be right - I figured the Classics would be more of an homage to the Elgin Baylor days though. Doesn't seem to make too much sense to have two different single-year unis honoring the same era. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Can’t see the Lakers giving any acknowledgement to the pre-LA players when they still have so many legends that played in LA.

Mikan-era throwback has been worn before, but it wasn't an individual nod to George, i.e., not part of their new Lore Series jerseys.

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dyjcWoSk1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Magic never wore black, and Shaq didn't have a drop-shadowed logo. Just because you don't see it at first doesn't mean it's not there.

Shaq wore drop-shadowed numbers, but not logos.

LEAK: New LA Lakers Blue and Silver “City” Jersey for 2021

October 21, 2020 - 20:42 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers, fresh off having their Classic Edition look leaked, face yet another early look at a new uniform for their upcoming 2020-21 season. This time we’re seeing what I’m being told is the defending champs’ new “City Edition” look which continues the theme of throwing things back

Read More...

14 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

LEAK: New LA Lakers Blue and Silver “City” Jersey for 2021

October 21, 2020 - 20:42 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers, fresh off having their Classic Edition look leaked, face yet another early look at a new uniform for their upcoming 2020-21 season. This time we’re seeing what I’m being told is the defending champs’ new “City Edition” look which continues the theme of throwing things back

Read More...

Bot linking to images already in-thread

la-lakers-city-jersey-new-uniform-leak-2

Detroit Lions colors for the Lakers is kind of dumb. Just make a proper purple set and call it good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why on Earth are the Lakers so averse to just putting Los Angeles on a jersey? I know they have the ego the size of the Sun, but they wouldn't be half as successful if they weren't in LA. It's a little long, sure, but if Oklahoma City and New Orleans can put their name on a jersey, the Lakers and Clippers can too.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

Why on Earth are the Lakers so averse to just putting Los Angeles on a jersey? I know they have the ego the size of the Sun, but they wouldn't be half as successful if they weren't in LA. It's a little long, sure, but if Oklahoma City and New Orleans can put their name on a jersey, the Lakers and Clippers can too.

Huh. I never thought about that.

Kind of funny, considering what a stupid name "Lakers" is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, QCS said:

The only modern-era jerseys I can think of are the Magic 2018-19 City(but it was tiny on top of a huge "Lakers"), and the X-mas jersey in 2016.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The only modern-era jerseys I can think of are the Magic 2018-19 City(but it was tiny on top of a huge "Lakers"), and the X-mas jersey in 2016.

They had Los Lakers (Noche Latina) more often the Los Angeles on their jerseys.

6 hours ago, QCS said:

I prefer the classic look. If they want to do an alternate, that is fine, but they should not mess with the main jerseys.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, QCS said:

Clippers used to use a script "Los Angeles" on their road jerseys, back in the late 80s.

I've got a picture somewhere of a prototype Lakers jersey from the early 70s with "Los Angeles" wordmark. If I can find it I'll post it, it didn't look good from what I remember. 

12 hours ago, QCS said:

I know they have the ego the size of the Sun, but they wouldn't be half as successful if they weren't in LA.

Disagree. If Jeanie Buss was running this team in St. Paul, MN I think they’d still be successful.

BUT...I do agree I’d love to see a white Lakers jersey with Los Angeles on it, even as a straight throwback.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived