NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

This should probably go in the Raptors specific page, but I don't know why, but especially with a greater presence of black, I would have preferred black numbers and lettering on the new association uniforms. 

Raptors-new-Home.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As stated before, they would've been better off without the black. The font still sucks and while I see what they were trying to do with the pants sash, it doesn't look that good.

They're still the worst-looking red and black team in the league.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The heat had a bit of yellow in their last vice branding. Maybe they'll go yellow and blue next time (Please please please!!!)

Yes please. Maybe a yellow/blue city and blue/yellow earned.

10 hours ago, VikWings said:

Sixers missing an opportunity to wear the Iverson throwbacks given this will be 20 years since the Finals run, I know Simmons has been pining for them. They just had the early 70s ones last year but that shouldn't matter.

Define "pining", and other than saying one time that he thought they were cool, how he's been doing that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

Define "pining", and other than saying one time that he thought they were cool, how he's been doing that.

Sometimes I feel like that is all it takes and then Nike will run with it. Maybe I'm wrong here but I think that's how those early 90s Nets uniforms have been brought back from the dead. 

12 hours ago, pepis21 said:

IIRC Conrad denied royal blue for Bucks (at least denied one mockup using that color).

Yellow Biggie is a fashion jersey (although it would be really nice to see it on court).

Toronto is already "leaked" and their 'City' and 'Earned' gonna be black-gold and purple.

My guessing:

Chicago - red with baby blue and white inspired by their flag and because they didn't use that combination yet.

LA Lakers - baby blue with yellow and purple to honor Jerry West or Elgin Baylor who connect two eras from the beginning of the Lakers in LA (60th anniversary).

Brooklyn - Gray-Blue as an old Dodgers inspired uniform.

Houston - Navy version of their NASA uniform.

Denver - Brick version of rainbow uniform (rainbow in Nuggets color)

Sacramento - the Big O Royals inspired in current colors

New York - Something ugly

LA Clippers - Red 'Earned' uniform (C'mon you know you need red uniform!)

That's it at this moment.

I'll be surprised if the Nets abandon the Coogi already. Maybe a variation of the black Coogi uniform this time?

For Houston there's so much potential for a NASA-inspired set. I would love to see something way more creative than the H-Town one.

41 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I know this is crazy for me to say, but I hope the Nets DON'T have a yellow Biggie jersey.  Yellow is wrong for that team imo.

As has been said, that one is only a fashion jersey, so no possibility of it being a City uni for them.

Can the Lakers bring back Black Mamba uniform as a City Ed.?

Or maybe that uniform could be a 2nd Classic Ed. as the Warriors do last season?

Or can the Black Mamba uniform been rulled as a Earned Edition?

I'm intriged with NBA Stores saying that they will receive Black Mamba uniforms in 2021.

8 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Can the Lakers bring back Black Mamba uniform as a City Ed.?

Or maybe that uniform could be a 2nd Classic Ed. as the Warriors do last season?

Or can the Black Mamba uniform been rulled as a Earned Edition?

I'm intriged with NBA Stores saying that they will receive Black Mamba uniforms in 2021.

I would have to believe that the retail stockage of Mamba jerseys would mean a 2nd Classic (though Conrad implied we've seen all Classics for next year) or a fan jersey (a la the yellow Biggie jerseys). The 20-21 City jerseys were approved before Kobe died...but maybe the Lakers and Nike were able to make exceptions for 20-21... I dunno...just spitballing...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The new NBA season begins in March (or so) but they're going to want to get new jerseys on sale before the holidays, right?

This may be obvious to some of you, but I just had the realization that we're likely to see all of the 2021 season jerseys sooner than later.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

40 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

wait are earned jersey's back? Sorry if someone already said it but I haven't heard anything about besides the raptors having 5 jerseys. I don't think that confirms there will be earned jerseys 

From the Raptors press release:

The Raptors’ Association and Icon Edition jerseys are available for sale now, while the Statement Edition uniform is coming soon. Fans can purchase the new jerseys and learn more about the design story at north.Realsports.ca. The City and Earned Edition designs will be unveiled closer to the start of the upcoming season.

https://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-unveil-new-uniforms

41 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The new NBA season begins in March (or so) but they're going to want to get new jerseys on sale before the holidays, right?

This may be obvious to some of you, but I just had the realization that we're likely to see all of the 2021 season jerseys sooner than later.

January 18th (MLK Day) is the target day right now. But, yeah, I think so too. I expect we'll see them around the draft (Nov. 18) since that's prime holiday time.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

49 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

From the Raptors press release:

The Raptors’ Association and Icon Edition jerseys are available for sale now, while the Statement Edition uniform is coming soon. Fans can purchase the new jerseys and learn more about the design story at north.Realsports.ca. The City and Earned Edition designs will be unveiled closer to the start of the upcoming season.

https://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-unveil-new-uniforms

Completely missed that, thanks! Do you know if all playoff teams will participate?

15 minutes ago, kimball said:

January 18th (MLK Day) is the target day right now. But, yeah, I think so too. I expect we'll see them around the draft (Nov. 18) since that's prime holiday time.

On the Bill Simmons podcast, Jared Dudley said he was hearing Feb/March. I'm guessing it'll swirl a lot in the next few months. There's a real goal to have fans in arenas, but I have no idea how that will be possible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 hours ago, BBTV said:

A bit of hyperbole on my part, but it seems like he mentioned it more than once. I know a lot of fans want them too.

Archived